Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2014, 05:54 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
To bring this thread up to date with my new phone and no text messages.

We bought a 2015 Lincoln MKC last week. What a neat ride that is. Anyway as part of PDI we setup Bluetooth and paired it with my phone. Texting works! So as we were talking the saleman suggested a manual reset of the DRW. Even offered to do it for me if needed.

So Yesterday I did the manual reset and now it works. So why I needed to completely dump everything to get the new phone to do text messages is a mystery. But it works!

So that issue is solved.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 10-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I think the term is "master reset" - Personally, I had to do the same thing when I switched phones, never thought to mention that.

Thanks for reporting back!
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 10-10-2014, 10:14 AM