Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Junior User

Keny1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
advise on E350 rear leaf springs, Please.

Hi All I have a 2012 E350 with 5.4l V8 and tow a 30 ft flat bed trailer just 2 times a year. The Rear of the van is just a little too low with the trailer loaded. Would it help to add additional leafs to the rear leaf springs?

There are four leafs now, and the U bolts on the axle has 1 inch of extra thread on them. I'm thinking that I could add one or two extra leafs from another E350 to my spring set. Is this a good Idea or not.

Thanks in advance
Kenny Lyon
goldwingracingproject.info
Old 08-15-2014, 01:43 PM
SPONSOR

ATS Junior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ATS Junior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's definitely not a bad idea! Adding a leaf will give you both a little more weight capacity and additional height. Are you dead set on using used leafs?

I would suggest putting in a long leaf leaf (rather than a short leaf) to get the most out of it.

-Junior
Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Junior User

Thanks Junior My thought was that the leaf spring from a junk yard would be the cheapest route. In 2008, Ford made a lot of changes to the E- series vans, Would you know how many year & model vans I could interchange leaf springs with? Could I use one the F - series leaf springs? Thanks Kenny
Old 08-16-2014, 12:16 PM
SPONSOR

ATS Junior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ATS Junior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't have my books with me right now so I can't really compare and contrast the difference steel gauge and lengths that were used. You might need to do some measuring and figure out what size leaf would fit best.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 PM
SPONSOR

Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keny1 View Post
Hi All I have a 2012 E350 with 5.4l V8 and tow a 30 ft flat bed trailer just 2 times a year. The Rear of the van is just a little too low with the trailer loaded. Would it help to add additional leafs to the rear leaf springs?
You might consider Torklift’s StableLoad suspension upgrade. It will improve your overall ride quality and also eliminate the rear sag you mentioned. Its ability to engage/disengage with a quick-disconnect feature would be convenient for you since you only tow twice a year.
If you have a minute, see how it works on our website: LINK
Torklift Sheryl
Old 08-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Junior User

Torklift Sheryl

Hi Sheryl Thanks for the info on Torklift. I watched the video, looks good. Kenny
Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 PM
SPONSOR

Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.Torklift Sheryl has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keny1 View Post
Hi Sheryl Thanks for the info on Torklift. I watched the video, looks good. Kenny
Let me know if you need any help finding a dealer in your area.
Torklift Sheryl
Old 08-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Senior User

sunuvabug is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sunuvabug is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sheryl, any dealers around Kitchener, Ontario Canada?
"Blutus" - 2001 FORD F-250; Super Cab; Navistar 7.3 Turbo Diesel; 4x4 Off Road; Long Box; 3:73; 75,000 km. (48,000 mi.)
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 PM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunuvabug View Post
Sheryl, any dealers around Kitchener, Ontario Canada?
Hello! It looks like the closest certified dealer to that area is Sicard RV.

Sicard RV
7526 HWY 20
Smithville, ON Canada L0R2A0
Phone: 905-957-3344
Website – LINK

Etrailer.com is also a certified online dealer that we recommend. Send me a PM if you need any help finding a specific product.
Torklift Sheryl
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels