fun day today

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 10:10 PM
trojanman25
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fun day today

So heres the story…

My friend stops by today and tells me he found a new trail and wanted to go check it out, well his truck being 2wd, we take mine… we get to this trail and it’s a really nice trail… well, I needed to be at work at 4, and it was 2:30 as it was, we turned around on the trail, on the way back I slide off into a big puddle that was around 3 feet deep, and it was pretty much just a hole of water. I was hung on the edge, all 4 tires spinning 15 mph at idle gas…I was F’d…. well, we get out, and figure out theres no point in trying anything to get us out, we needed to get on the phone, and quick…

Well the first help arrives, a toyota Tacoma, on 31” super swampers…. He tugs for a while, and as hes tugging slides into a ditch of mud and procedes to get himself stuck.

Next an older ford f150, 2wd, comes to help, because we figure infront of the Tacoma is dry and he can pull the Tacoma out to give me some more tugging… he gets stuck on the trail before he gets close enough to pull us out…

Next comes a chevy S10… this was the nicest built truck out there, 6-7” lift, 34” mt tires, not sure what kind… he pulls out the f150, and boy, when the line got some tension into it, the s10 got into a badass stance, It was truly a nice truck… next he comes around to pull out the Tacoma, does that pretty easy, it being 3:30 now, its my turn, we had already called work and told them I would be late, and they were ok..

The guy in the S10 lines up to pull me out, and makes a comment, “so when we get you out, we gonna finish the trail?” and I was like I cant im already late for work, and he says “you called and told them youd be late right, what does it matter how late….?” And I was like, yep were definitely finishing the trail, so gets connected, pulls and pulls bud I don’t budge, he gives it a little slack and does a ****** pull, and that worked like a charm… I was free! Just imagine a bunch of wild country boys cheerin and hollerin as loud as possible… this was so much fun, so we finish the trail, and amazingly, I was only 15 minutes late for work… I didn’t even know these guys, they were friends of the guy riding with me, as I had recently lost my cell phone, and just got a new one today, I had no numbers of any of the guys I could call… so I got numbers of these guys, and gave them mine. These guys were just all around fun to hang out with… we have to do this again…

Sorry for the long story…

Old 07-01-2003, 12:14 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
fun day today

Dood, you were pulled out by a chivy, and not even a full size one at that. How can you live with yourself

Old 07-01-2003, 02:14 PM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
fun day today

looking at his sig ...I think he drives a mazda .....they are a little puny too

Old 07-01-2003, 03:04 PM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fun day today

Don't let those guys get to you. It sounds like a great time. At least you're out there using and enjoying your 4x4. If we could just all win the lottery and not have to worry about the work thing and just keep running the trail then it'd be perfect!

Old 07-01-2003, 06:45 PM
GrayRanger4x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fun day today

Originally posted by proeliator
Dood, you were pulled out by a chivy, and not even a full size one at that. How can you live with yourself
Ive been there to and was just glad to get pulled out.I wouldn't have cared if it was a 2x4 datson 4 banger as long as it got me out.So just tell the dude in the chev Thanks and pull him out the next time he gets stuck .
The day sounds like fun and you got some new friends to boot!!

Old 07-01-2003, 09:55 PM
trojanman25
Senior User
fun day today

well considering the chevy had more money put into its suspension and offroading ability that i could ever afford, and the fact that i wasnt really stuck in mud, i was axel hung, im not worried about it...

ive heard many ford people sugguest going with the mazda for the same truck with a better warrenty if your going for a ranger.

plus, the S10 went around all the mud to get to us....driving on grass and such....

puny mazda my tail, my truck took the rest of the trail better than any of them.... i just made a bad decision and got stuck...

Old 07-01-2003, 09:58 PM
trojanman25
Senior User
fun day today

the tacoma was mud stuck, he couldnt go anywhere....

the f150 was mud stuck, he couldnt go anywhere....

i was just f'd....

but the fact that the guy in the s10 wasnt cocky about it, he was an eagle scout and he had a store build his truck made it all better....

ive done everything to my truck myself....

Old 07-02-2003, 09:42 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
fun day today

trojanman, You da man!

I've been pulled out, pushed in, towed back, and hauled home by almost every other make of vehicle. Un-stuck is un-stuck, and it feels soooo much better than stuck.

Regardles of what pulls you out, at lease you had the gonads go IN in the first place. I've seen very few of the trucks that pull me out attempt to make it through the same hole.

I'm actually disappointed if I go wheelin' and DON'T get stuck.

Get deep!

Kevin K.

Old 07-02-2003, 01:12 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
fun day today

Well, I guess I should clarify my comment, it IS cool that you are out there wheeling and getting stuck. Maybe its my natural prejudices. You see, out here we have a pretty fierce Ford vs. chevy rivalry. If I let my truck get pulled out by a chevy I'd never hear the end of it. Silly I know, but I've actually passed on a pull before and wen't home and got one of my other trucks. Its a moot point now anyways, since I do most of my serious wheeling in the red highboy; when that gets stuck the only thing that can pull it out is a cat. Used to be a skidder would do the trick but my last stuck the skidder wouldn't even pull it out...we had to wait for a cat. Thats the problem when you build them big and bad, your stucks get that much more serious and you need something bigger and badder to yank them out

Old 07-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
fun day today

This week i did the coolest thing possible....I pulled out a hummer with my truck. Well ok it was an H2 but its still a hummer.....

Old 07-05-2003, 04:18 PM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
fun day today

There was a hummer that ran in my class in the last mudbog I entered , He didnt do nearly as well as my truck or most others for that matter. I wasnt too impressed, maybe the guy just didn't know how to drive.

Old 07-05-2003, 04:22 PM
HardworkinFORD
Senior User
Talking fun day today

Yeah, that's what the H2 owners keep telling themselves too! It's still a hummer. . . . . . . Yeah right!

Old 07-05-2003, 11:43 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
fun day today

Originally posted by Ryan50hrl
This week i did the coolest thing possible....I pulled out a hummer with my truck. Well ok it was an H2 but its still a hummer.....
Ryan, that is AWESOME. While I do think Hummers are overated, I'd kill to get a pic of my Ford pulling out a Hummer. That is just too cool

Old 07-06-2003, 04:46 PM
RCrawler
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fun day today

The only "Hummer" that is worthy is the military spec version. No frills, No AC, AM/FM, Leather (you get glorified boat cushion seating). They are tough, built well, and a very good replacement for the M151 and earlier Jeeps.

If I only had $25K for one of the few surplus rigs that didn't get crushed

Make mine desert tan with a roof mounted .50 cal...

Jason

Old 07-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
fun day today

ya know though...the H2's for the money are still a pretty respectable rig. They've got some good specs backing them up, a pretty stout drivetrain, lockers and good size tires,,,,I'd pay 50 grand for one of them over an escalade or a navigator.

Quick Reply: fun day today