1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Trozei's '69 F100 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 09:48 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
With the less than careful drivers, becoming way too numerous, paint & dent repair should be way profitable. I'm betting that the EPA regulations on paint spraying, will make the initial outlay a bit pricey, but let the dents (no pun), keep rolling in. Every morning, the news reports on multiple traffic accidents, so there is no shortage of fender benders and repairs needed. May you be overwhelmed with fresh customers each and every day amigo.. You will succeed.

Baja

Old 11-12-2015, 09:51 AM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I built a redneck paint booth in my garage. Zero oder. I did have to give up a freebee to my accross the alley neighbor. No EPA...knock on wood

Old 11-12-2015, 02:51 PM
skipmiester
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TeachNlive4ever
I built a redneck paint booth in my garage. Zero oder. I did have to give up a freebee to my accross the alley neighbor. No EPA...knock on wood
I'm the resident mechanic and cabinet shop guy in my neighborhood. always doing some neighbor a favor. I think that is what has kept the city off my back as well!

Old 11-15-2015, 06:25 PM
71Nky
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skipmiester
I'm the resident mechanic and cabinet shop guy in my neighborhood. always doing some neighbor a favor. I think that is what has kept the city off my back as well!
This is EXACTLY the reason why I am on the board for my neighborhood association.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:40 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Remember me saying that I was cleaning the garage? I finished today, and I'm very happy. I'll again post the picture of what it used to look like a couple years ago. It's been a slow progression with the last month being a total commitment but I think you guys can all agree that it's much more roomy now and that means more space for working on the truck! It's actually a 3 bay drive through garage with the third bay being behind the one on the left. That's where the work bench, welder, and shelving units are but I've set it up so there's still space to drive a car through it.

Name:  qJUq46Q.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  958.7 KB

Name:  9l5B0Ei.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1.34 MB

Old 11-16-2015, 05:24 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Holy Crap! That's amazing... wBay good job amigo... I have to do a similar job at my place in Baja every time I leave for the North, cuz my dune buggy, and quad both live in the garage when I am gone... but my collection of crap just accumulates over 3 or 4 months...
Baja

Old 11-16-2015, 06:15 AM
Uni Moe
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You changed the garage doors?

Old 11-16-2015, 07:12 AM
D & D
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uni Moe
It's a drive through. The scalloped windows are probably on the curb side of the garage.

Was the calendar saved?

Old 11-16-2015, 07:25 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 224 Likes on 182 Posts
Wow! Nice work!

Old 11-16-2015, 08:41 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bajafishnut
Holy Crap! That's amazing... wBay good job amigo... I have to do a similar job at my place in Baja every time I leave for the North, cuz my dune buggy, and quad both live in the garage when I am gone... but my collection of crap just accumulates over 3 or 4 months...
Baja
Cleanliness is like car maintenance. You can either keep it up or neglect it and get in over your head fixing it.

Originally Posted by Uni Moe
I took the window covers off. Sooooo many people have accused me of taking a picture of another garage because of the window covers.

Originally Posted by D & D
Was the calendar saved?
The calendar was saved!!!

Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Wow! Nice work!

Old 11-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by trozei
That's actually the plan. There's no money to be made working for someone else. I'd like to turn my automotive background into some sort of performance shop one day. We'll see what the future holds. I have some friends who are interested as well. One is a huge computer nerd who's starting to learn the ins and outs of engine tuning which is a huge asset on its own, the other is all about trying crazy ideas (he's currently got a half built BMW e30 with a Toyota 1UZ engine that sits on a Corvette C6 chassis), and then there's me with my machining, body/paint, and engine knowledge. I'm sure we could figure out a way to make money out of all that. My only concern would be going into business with friends. It's too easy to let the business kill the friendship.
Work at one or two body shops to learn the tricks of the trade. Your experience working for someone else will show you how a business runs and what you would do differently when you have your own business. While your gaining experience, do some body work on the side, make a name for yourself, rent some space to start your own business.
This is going to be fun to watch.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:14 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 170 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Work at one or two body shops to learn the tricks of the trade. Your experience working for someone else will show you how a business runs and what you would do differently when you have your own business. While your gaining experience, do some body work on the side, make a name for yourself, rent some space to start your own business.
This is going to be fun to watch.
1St...2X Gavin. Sometimes there is a difference between the short and easier way and a hack job. More in mechanics than body work but there still is some. I have lived my life believing Watch,Learn, and Listen. You will be well to do the same in this endeavor. Obvious to all of us that you have been doing this for quite some years Jackson.
And 2nd....Holy Bat vacuum Batman! What a job on the garage!!!!!

Old 11-16-2015, 07:16 PM
71Nky
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great!

Old 11-27-2015, 05:44 PM
trozei
Postmaster
My truck is going into the shop on Monday.

While I have your attention, I'll show you the rocker panel I made. My truck isn't rusty, but I'm sure at some point in my life I'll come into one that is. I really enjoyed making this. If there is an experienced bodyman among us he will comment on my questionable welding heat effect zone and my answer to that is that this truck will never see the road again and the door is getting welded shut so... it doesn't matter. Also I'm still learning but I don't like to use that as an excuse.

Name:  5vkSnjk.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  134.3 KB

Name:  3NDjFE8.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  1.40 MB

Name:  wCK3fKZ.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  1.80 MB

Name:  21B7aUw.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  1.54 MB

As you can see the Sedan Delivery is a little... lightened.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks really good to me. Nice work!

Quick Reply: Trozei's '69 F100 Build Thread