Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

August is full of BS

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Wow, I'm two weeks late to the party!

Good evening everyone. Been a busy couple of weeks for me, really looking forward to next week off. Got a new toy around the beginning of the month...

It's an '07 that I bought with around 140 miles on it for $3,500. That, combined with a Warn plow setup from Amazon.com, is my winter driveway maintenance plan.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:31 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice Tom, that looks like fun!

I haven't been doing much of anything. We are currently in CDL class for tomorrow and next week. All we're driving for a class A is an F750 bucket truck and a small dual axle trailer so its pretty mindless. Teacher had me chauffeur him from new britian to local 42 in manchester so he could pick up his paycheck today, lol

Old 08-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Does anyone know anything about deer cameras? Having some issues with one of my neighbors snooping and taking photos of my wife and I leaving for work, so I decided to rig up some surveillance at the end of the driveway. Unfortunately the relatively cheap Moultrie A5 I bought isn't that good. It seems to have a lousy trigger speed and I can't get a clear image to save my life. The following was me cruising in at a leisurely 8 MPH. God only knows how fast the UPS guy was going! :-eek

Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom they probably have a slow shutter speed for night and low light photos.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think your neighbor needs an a$$ kicking if he is doing that.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning everyone!

Tom, why is your neighbor snapping pictures of you and your wife?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone.

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
Tom they probably have a slow shutter speed for night and low light photos.
Yeah that would make sense. this thing was only $60 so I can't complain too much though. The downside of living in the middle of nowhere is that the end of my driveway is too far away for more conventional solutions. Perhaps I could get Miles to string a quarter mile of cable for me?

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
I think your neighbor needs an a$$ kicking if he is doing that.
Originally Posted by keyul
Tom, why is your neighbor snapping pictures of you and your wife?
God only knows. Apparently my dogs ran through his yard a couple of times. A couple months ago when my son ran off he was at the end of his driveway and said some pretty nasty things to my wife. A few minutes later I saw him taking photos of me walking up the street with his phone.

Then last week my wife left for school before I did, and I got a call shortly after. She was spooked by this neighbor snooping about the end of our driveway for some silly reason. When I drove out and turned onto the road I saw him facing away from me looking at what appeared to be something in the woods. The second I drove by he yanked out his camera and started taking pictures of me. James Bond he ain't; it was pretty obvious. I'd like to knock on the guy's door and ask him what the deal is, but he has "NO TRESPASSING" signs all over the place, and I get the feeling he's the kind who would call the cops on me the second he could.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Morning all

It's Friday and another weekend of camping. We are having a pig roast with a few of the other campers. Last week the pig was still on the hoof. looks to be a good time.

Tom does the man taking the pictures need to be talked to? Or could it be he's trying to get pictures of the Prius to show the town hall that there is a blighted property in town with Prius liter. lol

P.S. I like the quad, looks like a good time and good in the snow to.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:56 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Sounds like a nut job Tom! Hope you get everything straightened out!

Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to have a truck meet at your house, and have as many big trucks with big dudes as possible. I imagine he wouldn't mess with you any longer.

I would really like to have a 4-wheeler. My grandparent's have a very similar, but slightly older Honda on the farm. They have the property to enjoy it though. I pretty much have no use for one right now. I really enjoy running all over their "mountain" property with it though when I visit.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Neighbors suck, got one in my neighborhood that complains to the town if I park my truck on the side grass by the driveway on the property line by a line of bushes. That is very annoying but, your guy sounds worse there Tom. Maybe you should have stopped your truck and started taking pictures of him

Old 08-17-2014, 04:49 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Justin, can the town actually say anything to you about having a registered vehicle parked on your own property!? What a jackass!

Today I made a new ramp for my dads shed, I am not a carpenter but I went to home repo last night and got some materials. The old ramp was garbage, and was just boards laid down and nailed to the shed with no support underneath. I ripped everything off, put a 2x4 across the shed, then built the frame from 2x4s and then laid some 5/4 x 6 boards down. Also extended the ramp by an additional 8" so the incline isn't as steep I think it came out pretty nice, and its a ton more sturdy than the original ramp. I just have to put some dirt around the bottom, the yard is bowl shaped around there.

The old, nasty, severely patched ramp

Old 08-17-2014, 05:00 PM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New ramp looks good!

Old 08-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Happy Sunday everyone!
Originally Posted by jthorngate3
Sounds to me like you need to have a truck meet at your house, and have as many big trucks with big dudes as possible. I imagine he wouldn't mess with you any longer.
While it would be fun, I suspect it would have the opposite effect because it would make him even more interested in whatever the heck we are doing over here. You can't see my house from the road; in fact you have to go nearly a quarter mile down my driveway before you turn the last corner and can even see the house.

I've toyed with the idea of bringing him up at work. Being in the military they take suspicious characters photographing us very seriously, and it would be hugely gratifying to have the FBI show up at his door asking questions. But I don't think my employment has anything to do with this guy's activities, so I don't wanna do that.

Originally Posted by Towmanjbo
Neighbors suck, got one in my neighborhood that complains to the town if I park my truck on the side grass by the driveway on the property line by a line of bushes. That is very annoying but, your guy sounds worse there Tom. Maybe you should have stopped your truck and started taking pictures of him
Wow really? Is this one of your work trucks or your pickup?

The ramp looks great Kyle! Reminds me of the ramp I built for my parents about ten years ago.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:02 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by gbroehl1
New ramp looks good!
Originally Posted by Tom
The ramp looks great Kyle! Reminds me of the ramp I built for my parents about ten years ago.
Thanks guys

Quick Reply: August is full of BS