Best Ranchero mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:35 PM
DRanchero
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Ranchero mufflers

Hey all
Im looking for the best mufflers to put on my 79 Ranchero. At my old forum with the other ranchero guys, some people said that they had Flowmaster 50 series. Heres what i want anyone to post: which mufflers are the best sounding and give great performance. Flowmasters are one of the best i hear, but their sound is a little different. I pulled up to this 69 Chevelle, and just idling and sitting there, it sounded awesome. It was very low, but it wasnt a rumble. It was like an explosion here and there. Does anyone know what mufflers those are? Ive also heard of glasspacks, but i dont know what those are. Your guys help and any suggestions will be great. I just dont know what is the best sound but good performance i can get is. Thanks
Danny

Old 07-10-2003, 06:38 PM
BB
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best Ranchero mufflers

Best sounding muffler, to who? That's tuff, here's an old reprint article from Super Ford:

http://members.tripod.com/~racetruck/muffler.html

Old 07-12-2003, 08:29 PM
TheBobs
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Ranchero mufflers

Danny,

I will be going to the shop to have a set of 3" Hooker Aeroflows and h-pipe exhaust system bent and welded up late next week. I'll let you know how they sound. When I was researching my buy, I had two criteria: (1) Didn't want mine to sound like everyone elses, (2) Didn't want to go insane with the drone some mufflers produce. Remember that our Ranchero's beds are connected to the rest of the car and that the mufflers sit right below the spare tire. That means there is nothing between your mufflers and your ears except the back of the seat.

Again, I'll let you know.

Steve