Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

July chat and general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:11 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Don't worry about the price tag, it's just money.
If only........

Old 07-15-2014, 09:57 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dunno about a 15k lawnmower.. Yea I'm sure they're nice, but I'm not interested in impressing the neighbors, just cutting the grass.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:27 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
but I'm not interested in impressing the neighbors, just cutting the grass.
Sounds like me, been pieceing the same ol Wheel Horse together for the last 10 years or so. Did get a 15 year old Sears mower for moving the mother-in-law last year, seems like it might last a little while.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's the middle of July and it was 60F on the ride home from work this morning. AWESOME! Too bad it can't say like this until the end of October.
Originally Posted by tojoski
I dunno about a 15k lawnmower.. Yea I'm sure they're nice, but I'm not interested in impressing the neighbors, just cutting the grass.
But think about it...you could cut ALLOT of grass and impress the neighbors at the same time. And besides who doesn't want a dozer motor powered mower laying waste to the weeds? Think of all the power that dude makes...in stock form.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Sounds like me, been pieceing the same ol Wheel Horse together for the last 10 years or so. Did get a 15 year old Sears mower for moving the mother-in-law last year, seems like it might last a little while.
I'm not sure if that was a deal or not Jeff. I know, the things we do for family to keep the peace...but if it's anything like moving any of my family (blood & in-laws). Eh never mind, on second though I'll plead the fifth at this point.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Update from last month. WiFi adapter is working, truck can talk to the tablet, and the torque app works.

It does not do any advanced diagnostics, but it will read and clear codes and will display any parameter the PCM knows. ICP, IPR, fipw.... You name it. Pretty cool toy. Now I just need to find a mount and make it a permanent part of the truck. Lol

Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 PM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So here's a good question... if I could get a hold of a turbo off a 2001 Super Duty that needs rebuilt, is there anyone that is good at that sort of thing? I've only ever torn one down and "rebuit" it with an ebay kit. Then, the real question... if it's do-able, who wants to help me swap a SD turbo onto my OBS? And there's only a 20 day limit on my time left in Arkansas!

Old 07-18-2014, 06:55 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Are we floating yet? Just poured out 4'' of rain from the rain guage, all of this since 3PM yesterday. I know the river levels will be rising soon!

Old 07-19-2014, 06:22 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Morning fellas! What the hell is with the weather?

The hell with spending $15k on a mower. Thats why I picked up a brush hog

& mowers.

All are organic, self fertilizing, low maintenance machines.... I mean critters.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:22 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891

The hell with spending $15k on a mower. Thats why I picked up a brush hog

& mowers.

All are organic, self fertilizing, low maintenance machines.... I mean critters.
Yeah, but when I put the mower away for the winter you have to start feeding those things.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by lindstromjd
So here's a good question... if I could get a hold of a turbo off a 2001 Super Duty that needs rebuilt, is there anyone that is good at that sort of thing? I've only ever torn one down and "rebuit" it with an ebay kit. Then, the real question... if it's do-able, who wants to help me swap a SD turbo onto my OBS? And there's only a 20 day limit on my time left in Arkansas!
Not sure if a gtp38 is an easy option. It's pedestal mount and reverse rotation. Something with a t4 style square flange and remote mounting system would make a more viable option.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:39 AM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cookie88
Not sure if a gtp38 is an easy option. It's pedestal mount and reverse rotation. Something with a t4 style square flange and remote mounting system would make a more viable option.
Oh, I know all of that. I forget that it's not common knowledge that my OBS is a PSD. So, the reason I want the SD turbo is for the .84 A/R rather than the 1.15 A/R on my current turbo. I literally have everything required for the swap, up-pipes, downpipe, pedestal, intakes, intercooler, everything except for the turbo.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:43 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Boy the weather guessers have really missed it this weekend. Was supposed to be 85 and sunny yesterday, never saw the sun or °80. Today is supposed to be the same, but have yet to see the sun. :-(
But at least I'm not sweating. :-)

Old 07-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Sonoman 6.0
New User
Good Day Gentleman. Don't mean to barge in and HiJack Arkansas as a Vistor but since I have a farm and pay taxes what the heck. I'm trying to help my brother out who is fortunate to live in south central part of the state and unforuntate enough to have a 2004 6.0 that likely is going to require studs, egr delete, remote oil cooler and the works as it has now gotten hot and has white and blue smoke from exhaust. So the question is who in central Arkansas does he take it to for major repair and aftermarket stuff, studs ext cooler etc.

I've been an FTE Member a long time and post little to none but do read and have used many suggestions. Also i see screen names that are valuable pieces of info on the 6.0. Living in Memphis an having an early 2003 6.0 i know who to take mine to when needed. at 213,000 i have had to take it very little, (knock on wood).

I've searched for an Arkansas location until the point i finally came here. I did see Lead hill was the place up north but he's in Dallas County so LR to Monroe to Texarkana is possible. Last resort is I pull it on the 30 foot Goose neck and bring it here, but if it needs follow up thats not cost effective.

Thanks guys.

Hope someone has suggstions.....

Sonoman 6.0

Old 07-21-2014, 07:29 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by lindstromjd

Oh, I know all of that. I forget that it's not common knowledge that my OBS is a PSD. So, the reason I want the SD turbo is for the .84 A/R rather than the 1.15 A/R on my current turbo. I literally have everything required for the swap, up-pipes, downpipe, pedestal, intakes, intercooler, everything except for the turbo.
My bad. I reread and there is nothing about it being an idi. Don't know why I made that assumption.

I might be able to help. When are planning on doing it?

Last edited by cookie88; 07-21-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:26 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope everyone fared well in the line of storms that blew...literally...through the area this afternoon. Most of the northside of town was without power. The wind was blowing hard enough it was rocking my office.
Originally Posted by cookie88
Update from last month. WiFi adapter is working, truck can talk to the tablet, and the torque app works.
Interesting...WiFi or Bluetooth? One of the motor heads up this way has some kind of reader that "chatters" with his intelligent phone via bluetooth. Quite handy on the Honda since I didn't buy the full package for my AE.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Boy the weather guessers have really missed it this weekend. Was supposed to be 85 and sunny yesterday, never saw the sun or °80. Today is supposed to be the same, but have yet to see the sun. But at least I'm not sweating.
I'm pretty much convinced it's just all guesses and no scince most of the time. I'll give them this much, this morning they were predicting a 60% chance of storms at 1600. At 1530 we had a strong wind gust with allot of rain roll through. Close enough in my book.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891

Holy Smokes Who's this clown posting in the monthly thread? I figured the wife knocked him off for the life insurance money...since it had been so long since we heard from him. As far as low maintenance....that's the biggest lie I've ever heard. If it's breathing it's costing someone money.

Quick Reply: July chat and general BS thread