6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Thom12
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have that one on my Iphone already but I sure like the screen shots that you have posted from the torque pro app, they are a lot better looking!
with the engine link app, I have to scroll 4 or 5 pages to see all the info in your screen shots.

Old 12-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Thom12
Senior User
Sam, Sorry for the confussion, it is the Forscan (lite) app that is now available on the IPhone store.

Now that I got that straight, does anyone know if the Forscan lite app works with the 6.7?

Old 01-05-2015, 05:08 PM
loft306
New User
awsome! just installed the plugin pak and will test tomorrow on my 2015.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 PM
miner999r
Tuned
Originally Posted by sdetweil
here is the list of PID's I assembled from the two optics on FTE plus the Torque pro app site..

anyone see something missing?

ECT is not working (truck just started, but the outside temp is 101, so It should show something.

rest match my hand entered pids from a few weeks ago. (displays side by side)
If I am understanding correctly the temp. conversion formula is incorrect. it should be F=(9/5 * C)+32

My apologies if I am in error or you have already corrected.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:26 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Sorry I just read your post.

From my old memory and short answer.<O</O
The formula A*9/5 -40 is from the hexadecimal response from the binary bit "A" from PCM (hex to bin is "0" to "255"). To display a negative temperature ford make the bit "A" that equals 0 (zero) to show -40.<O></O>
<O</O

So the gauge temperature range is -40 to 205 degrees.<O</O
<O</O

If someone told me that it was “0” (zero) degrees Celsius on a thermometer, I would use the formula C*9/5+32 to know what it was in Fahrenheit. “C” is the temperature in Celsius, "A" is a hexadecimal value from the PCM.<O</O

Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Truckie256
Laughing Gas
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
OK for all us dummies...
what app do I need for android? I see a bunch from the same guy....
what Bluetooth adapter?
and what do I gain from all this?...
kinda lost reading this thread.... knowing more about what the truck is doing sounds like a good idea

Old 01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Truckie256
OK for all us dummies...
what app do I need for android? I see a bunch from the same guy....
what Bluetooth adapter?
and what do I gain from all this?...
kinda lost reading this thread.... knowing more about what the truck is doing sounds like a good idea
Torque Pro app

I just posted in the wirelesS ODB topic a link to the one I bought.
If you scroll up a few messages you will see a set of gauges
The app lets you customize what things u want to watch, and what kind of display you want, round/square, with or without numbers.

Sort of create your own

Old 01-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Truckie256
Laughing Gas
Thanks... I guess I would also need to know what I would want to watch and why

Old 01-29-2015, 08:39 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Thanks... I guess I would also need to know what I would want to watch and why
Many of us want to watch for and monitor the DPF regen (cleaning) cycle. The message just flashes in the dash. We also like to monitor the 4 sensors in the exhaust pipe.

As well as engine coolant and oil temp using numbers, not just a dial indicator.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Truckie256
Laughing Gas
I guess it also works to read codes and delete them???

Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

I guess it also works to read codes and delete them???
yes, read and clear DTCs

Old 01-30-2015, 08:56 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 924 Likes on 331 Posts
Ok, so this topic has finally caught my attention. I ordered the el-cheapo chinese knockoff on ebay for a grand total of $8 including shipping. I then do what I do, and start learning as much as I can on the topic, and find reports of these knock off's causing problems with normal truck functions. I thought a code READer only read codes. How can it cause problems?

So, I go to the Torque-bhp webite, and find their list of favorite bluetooth readers, and decide I want something of higher quality, so I went ahead and ordered the OBDLink MX, because they say its firmware upgradeable, has battery saver, etc.

then I wander over to the OBDLink website, and peruse their forums, and see complaints of a 6.7 owner that says the reader caused transmission shifting problems. I also saw one of Sam's comments that one the cheapo's caused his truck to run rough too.

So, what's up? Who on here is running the OBDLink MX with Torque-Pro on a 6.7? Is it working?

Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 AM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by djousma
Ok, so this topic has finally caught my attention. I ordered the el-cheapo chinese knockoff on ebay for a grand total of $8 including shipping. I then do what I do, and start learning as much as I can on the topic, and find reports of these knock off's causing problems with normal truck functions. I thought a code READer only read codes. How can it cause problems?

So, I go to the Torque-bhp webite, and find their list of favorite bluetooth readers, and decide I want something of higher quality, so I went ahead and ordered the OBDLink MX, because they say its firmware upgradeable, has battery saver, etc.

then I wander over to the OBDLink website, and peruse their forums, and see complaints of a 6.7 owner that says the reader caused transmission shifting problems. I also saw one of Sam's comments that one the cheapo's caused his truck to run rough too.

So, what's up? Who on here is running the OBDLink MX with Torque-Pro on a 6.7? Is it working?
Simply the App sends a request and the PCM responds. A cheap clone can tie up the CAN BUS (information highway), so for example if the TCM needs data (Engine Torque Load) from the PCM it can cause miss shifts. I've used a few different adapters but not the MX. I mostly use a BAFX ($15) I bought from Amazon an it seems to work. You usually get what you pay for.

There are two CAN buse systems (HS-CAN and MS-CAN) on the ford and my next adapter I buy would access both, I believe that the MX can or is it the LX??

Old 01-30-2015, 10:34 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by djousma

my newer adapter did not say 'MX' (it seems to be missing at the moment, so I can't look at it again)

Old 01-30-2015, 11:47 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 924 Likes on 331 Posts
thanks guys. I found, and downloaded the extended PID's. Just waiting for the adapter to come in the mail. We'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs