SUMMER CHAT 2014

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by helifixer
stock dodge had 1/2 inch studs for a lot of years, where ford and chevy were 9/16 inch studs. I have never put dodge wheels on a ford but I do know that putting ford wheels on a dodge is tough as the nuts bed too deep in the taper of the rims so you have to find wide flange nuts so they will work. the dodge rims might be too tight to go over the 9/16 inch studs so I would check them before I had the tires mounted and balanced.
Thanks Bart for the info. I know my 99 Dodge used larger nuts than my 86 F250. I had a set of aftermarket wheels I took off my Ford on my Dodge. The Dodge wheels went to the 86 F250. Now that you mention it the bigger nuts would of fit better but the stock Ford nuts did work.
I think the alloy Dodge wheels look OK but the steel in chrome look like crap. That is why I bought the power coated stock Dodge. I wanted to go back to stock offsets. It drive better with that set up.

Ray, good to hear from you. More pictures of you new toy or project. Yea things are going forward. Will have plans & permits by years year end, maybe much sooner. I heard from my Architect & he is about done with his house & said things will free up in a month. So I may have them sooner than I really want them. But that is OK too.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:23 PM
rockdawg84
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that this is good info. I just picked up a set of aftermarket wheels for my 96 f350 that came off of a Dodge. I will post up some pics when they are on.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:35 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by rockdawg84
I agree that this is good info. I just picked up a set of aftermarket wheels for my 96 f350 that came off of a Dodge. I will post up some pics when they are on.
WELCOME to the Arizona Board.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:46 PM
rockdawg84
Senior User
Thanks, I lurk but will be posting more

Old 06-27-2014, 05:51 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Thanks, I lurk but will be posting more
Once you get five posts on the Arizona Chapter boards, feel free to request membership if you wish. Not mandatory. If my memory is correct you did awhile back request to join.
Would really enjoy having you, we always want members who are active on our board.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:58 PM
rockdawg84
Senior User
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Once you get five posts on the Arizona Chapter boards, feel free to request membership if you wish. Not mandatory. If my memory is correct you did awhile back request to join.
Would really enjoy having you, we always want members who are active on our board.
I thought I was already a member I'm on the member map and everything. LOL

Old 06-27-2014, 07:09 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

I thought I was already a member I'm on the member map and everything. LOL

I stand corrected. You are a member. I apologize. as the new Chapter Leader I haven't seen you here so I was assuming you were new.
Thanks for posting hope you will stick around more.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
stock dodge had 1/2 inch studs for a lot of years, where ford and chevy were 9/16 inch studs. I have never put dodge wheels on a ford but I do know that putting ford wheels on a dodge is tough as the nuts bed too deep in the taper of the rims so you have to find wide flange nuts so they will work. the dodge rims might be too tight to go over the 9/16 inch studs so I would check them before I had the tires mounted and balanced.
If I put them on they would only be rollers for around the yard till I got the truck running then take them off and throw them in the yard somewhere till I brought home another 8 lug ford or whatever that they fit on that doesn't have wheels. I have brought home about 3 parts trucks and all 3 didn't have wheels so I like to keep rollers for around the yard.

A town nearby called Vernon I just found out has recently caught fire and has 2000 acres on fire. Kinda scary because we can see the smoke from where we are and Vernon is less then 45 mins away. No idea on the containment but to me it looks pretty bad.
Trav

Old 06-27-2014, 10:20 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,697 Likes on 1,136 Posts
was over 2000 acres at noon today, it is a long way away from you and moving northeast.
the one we had here last year was 8 miles from my house, we were getting ash at my house.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:37 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
It is scary non the less. It is a long ways from us in Ash Fork but the thought of how dry it is is just scary. The threat of fire is what made us take the action we have in bringing in professionals to trim our trees clean up all the dead & down.
We have seen areas in the Sierra Nevada mountains where the Forest Service went in & trimmed all the trees in an area. A year later a fire went through there & very little was damaged. It just burned the grass left light charring on some of the trees.
We have been fortunate in our area there haven't been fires of any degree for sometime. But you never know.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
was over 2000 acres at noon today, it is a long way away from you and moving northeast.
the one we had here last year was 8 miles from my house, we were getting ash at my house.
Howdy az gang just got an update. It is over 5K acres and 0% containment. Yes Bart you are correct it is moving northeast but you are wrong that it is a long way from me. I do not live in the town of snowflake I live outside of snowflake. I am actually in between snowflake and Concho. It takes me 45 mins the long way to get to Vernon driving 50 MPH. So far my mom is keeping updated on it and will get word fast if the Cedar hills residence area (that's my area) will be evacuated. As of right now we look to be fine but winds change and fires are very very weird. If it does come our way it will more then likely take our place out being it is so close to the mountain (I live 5 miles of dirt road making it close to Mesa Redonda). Will try and keep y'all updated.

We still will be holding the get together today even with the fire nearby.
Trav

Old 06-28-2014, 11:10 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,697 Likes on 1,136 Posts
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
Howdy az gang just got an update. It is over 5K acres and 0% containment. Yes Bart you are correct it is moving northeast but you are wrong that it is a long way from me. I do not live in the town of snowflake I live outside of snowflake. I am actually in between snowflake and Concho. It takes me 45 mins the long way to get to Vernon driving 50 MPH. So far my mom is keeping updated on it and will get word fast if the Cedar hills residence area (that's my area) will be evacuated. As of right now we look to be fine but winds change and fires are very very weird. If it does come our way it will more then likely take our place out being it is so close to the mountain (I live 5 miles of dirt road making it close to Mesa Redonda). Will try and keep y'all updated.

Trav
got it I was thinking you lived west of highway 77.
stay safe!

Old 06-28-2014, 01:28 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002

Trav
Trav, you & your family are in our thoughts & prayers. As Bart said stay safe & keep us updated.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stay safe Trav... Happy Saturday All. 107 out already here in the Old Pueblo.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:00 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Only 111 here Bill.
Have to wait until Thursday to go up to the retreat. Got our other generator so we now have two 2000w inverter generators with a parallel kit. It will give us a solid 26.6 amps. Plenty to run everything in our trailer. As long as we don't try running the A/C & Microwave at the same time. But we can't do that here plugged into Mohave Power. Because it will blow the trailers main breaker.

Quick Reply: SUMMER CHAT 2014