Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Postmaster

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordf5 View Post
Jolly Roger, ,,
I was thinking bout your "under dash cover"... I'm a scrapper,, would the belting from a discarded treadmill work? If paired up with some reflectix insulation from Lowe's it just may work and be very durable...
just a junkers thought. .
......Roger
I don't know if that would work. But Ross has already talked about using pond liner with jute backing for the under dash.

I was just asking because yours looks like it's new to me.

1951 F4 "Betsy" Build Thread @ http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html
Old 09-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Senior User

fordf5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Progress is being made. ...
Hood, fenders, grill, bumper are all done.
Windshield, back glass done.
Wooden bed and strips done.
Horns are done until I get the button rebuild kit.
Vents and crank ups took about a day and a half
The anti rattle clips are not of good quality and required epoxy.
But they are in and operate very smoothly.
My computer is still dead and I can't find a way to post pictures by phone
Gettin close, ,, very close
.....Roger
Old 09-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Freshman User

49fordv8f4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
fordf5, Your truck is looking very good. I like the red cab and hood and black fenders. I am painting my '49 F4 the same colors. I have the cab done but, not the front cap. I also have the Ford script bed, which I will paint black. I was thinking about painting the wheels red since the bed and fenders will be black. I haven't decided on the color of the front bumper yet, Black or silver like the grill. What did you coat the running boards with?
Again, a very sharp truck, keep the photos coming.
Mark
Old 09-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Postmaster

abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49fordv8f4 View Post
fordf5, Your truck is looking very good. I like the red cab and hood and black fenders. I am painting my '49 F4 the same colors. I have the cab done but, not the front cap. I also have the Ford script bed, which I will paint black. I was thinking about painting the wheels red since the bed and fenders will be black. I haven't decided on the color of the front bumper yet, Black or silver like the grill. What did you coat the running boards with?
Again, a very sharp truck, keep the photos coming.
Mark
Here is my 2 cents: paint the front bumper b,back. I like the looks of black bumpers on these trucks.

abe
FTE member since March '98
1954 F-100, bought from Grandpa in 1977 for $200
1970 F-350 flatbed dump, purchased 9/20/12
Old 09-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Senior User

My passenger running board had a bunch of metal termite holes. I don't have the necessary tools or skills to fix it proper soooo I tried to roll on bed liner,,, that didn't work so well so I sprayed some on too. It's just kinda a temporary patch till I can afford another one. The drivers side looks good with the spray on bed liner though. Kinda hard to keep clean but looks good when it is clean and it isn't slick. As for the bumpers I too like em black. Wheels will be black or red not sure yet. They are currently split rims and I don't have the extra funds to remedy that. I did get 6 brand new tires with the truck,,,,,, I wonder why they weren't installed. ....
.....Roger
Old 09-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Senior User

My computer is totally fried so posting pictures is not possible right now.
New computer ordered today, should be here Monday.
I have accomplished a lot, but can't prove it without pictures.
I have encountered a qwerk though.
Gas gauge reads 1\2 tank when I turn the switch on, and 3\4 while running.
I believe it has to do with the fact that voltage is at 12 volts before running and charges at about 14 volts. Any suggestions towards a remedy would be greatly appteciated.
Guage and sender are both sunpro.
Thanks
........Roger
Old 09-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Freshman User

eb4strom is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
NICE

Roger, I just read the entire 11 page thread, FANTASTIC. Man that is amazing, 6 months and you have one sweet truck. I have been dinking with mine for a year and half, and I still can't drive it on the road.

Those brake jobs are FUN....aren't they.

Great Job on the old truck, maybe I'll be where you're at in another year and a half.

Eric
1960 F250 4x4 (been dragging around since high school)
Old 09-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb4strom View Post
Roger, I just read the entire 11 page thread, FANTASTIC. Man that is amazing, 6 months and you have one sweet truck. I have been dinking with mine for a year and half, and I still can't drive it on the road.

Those brake jobs are FUN....aren't they.

Great Job on the old truck, maybe I'll be where you're at in another year and a half.

Eric
Eric, this build has been therapy. Both mental and physical.
It keeps my a$$$ off of the couch and let me tell you that couch will kill me.
My biggest challenge while overhauling the brakes was them darned lug nuts. Bout got the best of me gettin them stubborn things off.
I am currently getting the best of a general wiring kit. Lotsa head scratchin involved here. Just gotta do the brakes, turn signals and tail lights. Still waiting for the turn signal switch to arrive, ,, it's on backorder. ..
Hopefully the new computer will arive
Monday and I will be able to update the pictures.
Thanks for the kind words.
Just keep pluggin away and you will get there. Ifn I can do it you surely can.
.......Roger
Old 09-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks