1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

$122.000 marmon Herrington ranger

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Hopefully Mark will come along and tell us more about this truck. It's cool.
I noticed the front diff is on the passenger side in this one. Stu, isn't yours on the other side?
As far as sale value, since it is the last one built that is still living, wouldn't it be better to have a generator and oil bath filter on it? Is that an original carb? For something like this I don't know if that would impact value on it or not. It's so far beyond my price range that it doesn't really matter. It would be very cool to own, although I would say once completed it needs to be in a museum. I would sure want to drive it though.

Hey, any pictures of the interior?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:25 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
Joe - you've looked at the pictures closer than I have I guess. Sure, it should have generator, oil bath, and maybe other things. Not sure why he'd have done mods unless he's been driving it and figured to include original pieces with the sale.

His front diff is on the passenger side because the transfer case on half tons sends its driveshaft forward on that side. Half tons (Model LD7-4) and early F-2/3s (R3-4) have single speed transfer cases. Later trucks like my project truck have a two speed transfer case that is shared with the big trucks. Mine is Model R32-4, or more correctly 6R32-4 because it's the 215 engine. The driveshaft on these goes forward on the drivers side. Stu

Old 02-14-2014, 03:44 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just love it. IF I could ever somehow afford it I would paint it (body off and stripped) what ever color it left the factory with. Prolly keep the 12 Volt alt though.
Than It would be my Alaska grocery getter year round. If I could afford to buy it
than I could afford to drive it everyday and keep it in pristine condition
in my fully equipped and staffed restoration shop for all the old classics I would own. But this one would get driven for sure.
Why have one that ya don't drive? Makes no sense to me. I have never had any want for a trailer queen.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Originally Posted by arctic y block
I just love it. IF I could ever somehow afford it I would paint it (body off and stripped) what ever color it left the factory with. Prolly keep the 12 Volt alt though.
Than It would be my Alaska grocery getter year round. If I could afford to buy it
in my fully equipped and staffed restoration shop for all the old classics I would own. But this one would get driven for sure.
Why have one that ya don't drive? Makes no sense to me. I have never had any want for a trailer queen.
Well when you put it that way......very well said. If I could afford a $130000 vehicle I could afford to drive it. Now I need to run out and get a lottery ticket, but my daily driver won't start....stupid newer vehicles.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:58 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Iʻd drive it too, I like the stance and body design.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:59 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Well when you put it that way......very well said. If I could afford a $130000 vehicle I could afford to drive it. Now I need to run out and get a lottery ticket, but my daily driver won't start....stupid newer vehicles.

Ya most everything newer than an 85. Computerized EFI just sucks to work
on and keep running when yer head was born in a carburetor.

Think long and hard about that.

My Mom was carberated.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:26 PM
qmanconfused
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe the reason he's offering it unpainted is because he "hit the wall" on this particular truck and just needed it gone ! it happens to the best of us
qman
if I had the xtra bux I'd be dealin' for it

Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
I don't know if that's the reason, but I could sure understand it. Mark is like the rest of us with more than one project that he's facing. Stu

Old 02-16-2014, 12:01 PM
old uhaul
Senior User
That truck is bad ***

Old 09-18-2015, 09:06 PM
thechassisman
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1955 Ranger

Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Stu, do you know why he isn't finishing it before sale? Is it "done" except for a repaint of the front fenders? I don't doubt it is worth what he's asking, or close to it, in any case.

PS -- Kudus to Chris for not posting it as a Mormon this time...
Hey guys, girls, I had the 55 Ranger for sale unfinished, due to med bills, and disabiity. My Daughters Rare cancer came back in a more rare malignant form in Sept last year, her condition is under control now. I haven't been able to do what was needed these last couple years to finish the Ranger, I have a degen disc disease, severe bilateral stenosis, that slows me down, and for 2 years, a completely torn, retracted right rotator cuff. Was going for the repair surgery in March this year, and I had a stroke, and lost the use of my right arm that laid me up for a while, but got my shoulder re attached this Aug 15th, feels real good now, and 4 more weeks of therapy should get me back in shape to get this truck finished soon. Not giving it up...Mark

Old 09-18-2015, 09:23 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Man alive, Mark. You've had a year of it, and hope you and your daughter are on the mend to stay. Good talking to you on the phone a while back. Stu

Old 09-18-2015, 09:32 PM
thechassisman
Senior User
1955 Marmon Herrington Ranger

Thanks Stu, and like I said,..."you've got to get it done now, so you can drive it some before they take your license away"...Mark

Old 09-18-2015, 09:35 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Yeah, my chassis is done but body work is no fun. Need to focus. Stu

Old 09-18-2015, 09:36 PM
toby tough
Posting Guru
Dude, Its like the jolly green giant stomped on you and your jumping back up sayin is that all you got. Wish I had your fortitude. Take care of that therapy and get back at it. Good to hear your daughter is doing better too.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:40 PM
thechassisman
Senior User
Thanks Toby, Always keeping in mind, there are others that are way worse off, and don't get second chances...Mark

Quick Reply: $122.000 marmon Herrington ranger