1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
winginit
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SYNC HELP PLEASE

I downloaded a sync update to my laptop. I never used a usb memory thing before. do i just drag and drop it in the memory stick folder or do i have to open the zip file i downloaded first then send it to the usb ,this i don't know how do do. the sync site has instructions but i closed the page now they are gone.

any help would be great! Will

Old 01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
BCM
More Turbo

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Do it both ways, Will. Can't hurt. Been a while since I've done one, so don't remember.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:18 PM
winginit
Elder User
Originally Posted by BCM
Do it both ways, Will. Can't hurt. Been a while since I've done one, so don't remember.
I have the file downloaded to the USB , i transfer d the whole zip file. Will the truck computer open the file when i load it to the truck ?

Old 01-27-2014, 06:04 PM
BCM
More Turbo

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Looking at the sync site, I would say probably not. Open up the contents of the USB and you will see your file. Double click it. It should open up in Windows Explorer. Then press CTL A to select all files, and then CTL C to copy them. Leave that window open.

Now click Start, Computer, and double click your USB drive. Click in the window and press CTL V. All the files should unzip on to your USB.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:11 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCM
Looking at the sync site, I would say probably not. Open up the contents of the USB and you will see your file. Double click it. It should open up in Windows Explorer. Then press CTL A to select all files, and then CTL C to copy them. Leave that window open.

Now click Start, Computer, and double click your USB drive. Click in the window and press CTL V. All the files should unzip on to your USB.
BCM & winginit,

This is great advice BCM, I couldn't have put it better myself. Please let me know if you continue to have any issues with the updating process winginit!

Antonio

Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
winginit
Elder User
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
BCM & winginit,

This is great advice BCM, I couldn't have put it better myself. Please let me know if you continue to have any issues with the updating process winginit!

Antonio
I got the truck updated, i had to call ford for help, the instructions on the ford syncmyride site suck, but now i now how to do it for next time.