1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:01 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
snow

Just want to let you northern guys know , we got 1 inch of snow last night and it is 24 degrees right now . It's like the world is ending , everything and I mean every thing is closed . No non emergency travel , on any roads . and you guy's up north think you have it bad . At least we don't have to worry about driving on salt covered roads . They don't have any , or anything to spread it with . If I had a set of chains I would take the panel into town just to show off .

Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 AM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
Don't worry, I'm sure your wife will be out this morning taking care of the shoveling duties ...LOL!!

Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Don't you love watching Southerners try to drive on that stuff? We had a fairly decent snow once when I lived in Tennessee (which honestly isn't THAT far south). The medians were littered with cars, tow trucks everywhere, etc.

We've been having quite a bit of the stuff and some REALLY cold weather here. Zero this morning. We got a surprise snow storm yesterday afternoon in basically about 15 degree weather. The downhill side of the mountain was very exciting. Flatland snow driving is one thing, but going down those big steep grades (that were made LONG before anybody ever thought about how steep they were making them) and those sharp switchbacks is another. We're going in late this am. I can't wait to do it again.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 AM
Branded
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in S/E Indiana and hate snow, but this year I'm hating these sub zero temperatures even more. We have lots of hills in this area of Indiana and it does make driving interesting.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Yeah, from SE TN, three inches of snow and the roads icy, lots of wrecks, four degrees right now. We're lucky that we don't have to go any where. Sitting here keeping the fire warm. Going through lots of wood. Too cold to work on Blue in the unheated shop.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Yeah it sucks when you are stuck at home at it's too cold to be in the garage for long.
It's 12 degrees here in California (Missouri that is). My daily driver won't start (fuel pump or IPDM?) so I have to call service and maybe have it towed in to get fixed. Fuel pump would be covered under extended warranty, IPDM since it is electronic stuff wouldn't be....

I also was supposed to deploy some application upgrades to production this morning at work...dang...now waiting on the helpdesk to see if they can connect me to my work pc.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Was in the 40's yesterday and will be again today. Salt lake hasnt had any measurable snow in weeks!
I dont mind this in the valley but we are going to be on water rations this summer if we dont get alot more snow this winter.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
Only an inch??? That's just "heavy frost". Talking to daughter near Athens this morning. Things are at a standstill down there. News showing pics of the Atlanta "parking lot".
We already had a 12" storm in NY, so I came down to VA for maybe 1 1/2".

Old 01-29-2014, 08:12 AM
oldmerc
oldmerc
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honest guys I'm trying to feel sympathetic but truth be told I'm just too busy giggling .

Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
How many points will I get , If I buy one of those track kits and put it on the panel . That would be a hoot , Driving around with an inch of snow .

Old 01-29-2014, 08:40 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by oldmerc
Honest guys I'm trying to feel sympathetic but truth be told I'm just too busy giggling .
Yup, it's amusing to us northerners, but probably a big deal to the folks down there.
We are getting snow right now, and cold temps expected by the weekend. It is winter after all...

Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is. I love snow. We took a group of teenagers camping in Northern Minnesota over Christmas break. That's right, camping. Stayed in a tent a couple of nights. Some of the kids even stayed out under the stars. It was fun.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:49 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Amen Brother, Amen.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by yamagrant
Amen Brother, Amen.
I'd say you guys are indeed giggling. And I don't blame you.

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
I don't see what the big deal is. I love snow. We took a group of teenagers camping in Northern Minnesota over Christmas break. That's right, camping. Stayed in a tent a couple of nights. Some of the kids even stayed out under the stars. It was fun.
I bet that was fun indeed.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr smith I m on my way. I wouldn't want the weather to heed progress on your build. I should get to by say valentines day!
I can pick up some big cans of Napa know how!

Quick Reply: snow