6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

What happened to the 2012 Excursion thread?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 03:04 PM
CascadeF250
Tuned
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
The project along with pictures is posted on powerstroke.org under 6.7 discussion. I would post a link but someone in authority may not like that.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:01 PM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say you gotta be kidding me. that was a very informative and interesting thread. I actually logged on here every day JUST to see that thread. normally I don't. I have been a member of 6-7 different forums since the beginning of the internet, from guns, to trucks, to my profession, to racing, basically all my different interests and hobbies. the most successful forums are the ones that let things run their course and not intervene unless its an extreme case. heck for a time even epic cowlick was run off!!!!! to this I say WTF. maybe I need to ban myself and not come back. , BTW I have met him and he is a nice guy.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:05 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 01-25-2014, 06:21 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Don't fight the power here. You may have to sign up again under a new name (like that of a pet or something) and have people call you that for years until all is finally forgotten. SWIM told me that happened to them....

Old 01-25-2014, 06:24 PM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
maybe I just found my new home?? I am sick of the heavy handed bull*****

Old 01-25-2014, 06:32 PM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
WTF , NOT COOL AT ALL. i look forward everyday for new pics about the excursion built . i LOVE THIS SITE its helped me more times then i can remember . so let me see if i understand this a group of people screwed this up for all of us . so we all get to suffer . WOW that sounds like our government !! instead of going after the ones that caused the issue make us all pay if it that's just great

maybe i'm all wrong but this just doesnt seem fair to the rest of us,
how about a straight answer as to why its band.
Legal issues ?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Just make sure you guys pay attention to the FTE Guidelines that all of us agreed to when we made our account. Pay really good attention to 4. We can all still pay attention on PSN to his current build, it's only a click away. Please somebody lock this already.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Why lock it? Were just all curious as to why it got shut down. How do you get back to the guidelines? So I can look at #4. I never followed it like some, so I don't know what was going on but it was a cool threat and the guy has great talent.

Tim

Old 01-25-2014, 09:24 PM
camperboy
Junior User
Powers that be: you are not pleasing your users. For a long time now I've enjoyed FTE. Actions like this make me look elsewhere. At the very least provide sound reasons for your actions since you apparently not only closed the thread but deleted whatever the offending material was as well.

And where are these guidelines located for review? Can't find them.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 507 Likes on 171 Posts
The hearsay I've come across was nothing was wrong with the build thread, but he was organizing some sort group buy that was against the rules in some way.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I really wish we had the option to delete our profiles over here, I'll be logging off from this site now.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Guidelines as requested.

Postings are the opinions of their respective authors and do not reflect the opinions of "Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc." (FTE), its officers, directors, employees and shareholders. FTE assumes no liability for direct, indirect, punitive, consequential, special or incidental damages, accident, injury, loss of property, income or life due to use or misuse of comments, suggestions, procedures, modifications, opinions, facts, enhancements, repairs or other information presented on our services. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the contents of any message or article. Use any information found on our services at your own risk.

Revealing Your Identity. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (including your name, location, email address, IP address, etc.) to involved parties in the event of legal action or complaints arising from any content you post.

Removal of Users and/or Posts. We reserve the right to remove any user or post from our forums for any reason, with or without prior warning. If your account is suspended, any re-registration on your part will be considered harassment and will be followed by contacting your ISP and local law enforcement if required.

Affiliation. Ford Truck Enthusiasts (FTE) is a privately owned and operated enthusiast community. FTE is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company or any of its subsidiaries.

USER GUIDELINES

1. Current Email Address. You must maintain a current email address within your FTE User Account. If for any reason an Administrator is unable to contact you due to returned emails, your FTE account may be suspended or removed until you contact our support team.

2. Personal Conduct . Post language and material suitable for the home or office. Do not post foul language, racial epithets or sexually explicit content in any form. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Posting for the purpose of gaining access to additional features of the site is not allowed.

3. Signatures . Please do not post overly large or obnoxious signatures. Users are here to read the content, not to be annoyed by your signature. Do not use your signature to post "for sale" items and links to "for sale" items or FTE Classified ads. Using your signature to post political slogans, sexual, racial or religious content is not allowed.

4. No Advertising. Ads, solicitations or other commercial content are not allowed . Site sponsors are encouraged to respond to questions about their products.

5. Vendor Promoting. Recommendations of vendors by users is encouraged, but excessive promotion of vendors (cheer leading) will be viewed as advertising. Please make sure your participation on FTE is more than just promoting or advertising for a vendor or product.

6. Personal Items For Sale . For Sale items are not allowed in the automotive and general discussion forums of FTE. This includes placing ads or links to ads in your signature. We have a Classifieds section that you can list your items in. Want ads are allowed in the forums so long as you post a follow-up when you find the part(s). Vehicle value discussions are permitted, however, if we find it turning into a for sale thread, the thread will be removed. The only exception to this guideline is the Chapter Forums. There is a specific thread in each Chapter Forum, for Chapter Members only, that is intended for local for sale items.

7. Copyright Materials. You may not post any copyrighted material that you do not have rights to. Please link to external articles rather than post them in the forums.

8. Legal Actions.
You may not use this site to discuss or organize any legal action including, but not limited to, class-actions. FTE does not give legal advice or host legal discussion. If you have any legal questions or concerns, please consult your attorney.
You may not create posts or threads which discuss or request by-passing payment of online services including, but not limited to, Carfax reports.
9. Issues with Moderation and Site Policy. If a situation arises in which you have a problem or conflict with the Moderation Team of FTE or FTE Site Policy, please contact an Administrator through email or private messaging systems rather than in open forum.

10. Other Terms. You also agree to the Gallery Guidelines (Click Here) and the web site Terms of Use (Click Here).

Old 01-25-2014, 10:36 PM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When and where in that thread did he offer anything for sale? Every time something about parts was brought up he said to pm him as it wasn't appropriate for general discussion. Now we can't have pm's either? I'm done. Good night all.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Don't shoot the messenger, I am just providing you the reason as requested. All the people who said they are leaving because of it, you leaving not only affects you. You take away all the great ideas and work you have put into the site.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Thanks Matt.