General Automotive Discussion

NASCAR Guys: Would you like to ask Ray Evernham a question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
NASCAR Guys: Would you like to ask Ray Evernham a question?

Calling all NASCAR fans: We are very excited to announce that we have an interview with NASCAR's Ray Evernham on Monday to discuss his new show AmeriCarna.

If there's a question that you would like to ask Ray, please post them here and we’ll select a few, and see if I can squeeze them into the interview. It can be about his new show, or NASCAR related.

Perhaps one of the most impressive things that he was known for, and had accomplished in his career was the "T-Rex" car that was built for veteran driver Jeff Gordon.

Here's a link to a great article that describes that car. Even though it was deemed "legal" at the time and within the guidelines of NASCAR's rule book, was ultimately banned from competition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/cheat...ory?id=2963407

Here's a link to the new show AmeriCarna.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:31 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Tony...that is way cool.

You could ask him if he ever regrets moving on from Jeff Gordon and maybe wonders how many Championships they could have achieved together.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:27 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,394 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Ask Ray if he's ever considered writing a book on a few of his better ideas how he "stretched" the NASCAR rule book. Those that never were found.

Smokey Yunick did it---it was fascinating and quite humorous too.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:37 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's an article I wrote on our FB page about the interview.

We had a phone interview this morning with NASCAR's Ray Evernham about his new show on Velocity which starts tomorrow night January, 28th. The show is called AmeriCarna.

I had a whole list of questions to ask Ray about his new show, and what it was all about, as well as some NASCAR related questions that we could talk about if we needed too.

Once that ball got rolling, all of our research and question preparation went right out the window. HA!

The conversation quickly turned into two car guys, talking about cars of the past; cars that made us feel good, and ones that also brought a smile to our face.

If race cars could talk and tell a tale, what a tale it might be. They may tell a story about the driver or drivers behind the wheel, and victories that they had achieved.

This conversation is exactly what the show is all about. It's about cars that got us to the point that we're at, and why you may have had a car in the garage for 40 years, and can't let go.

I had asked Ray, if there was ever a car that he wishes he never sold, he chuckled and said " You're Killing Me"; "yes there is, my first car which was a 65 Chevy Malibu".

He also went on to say that he was currently restoring one, but wishes he still had the first car that he had when he was a kid.

If you're an automotive enthusiast, than this is a show that you're not going to want to miss!

-Tony