1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Derelict, abandoned, junkyard truck pic thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 04:05 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,200 Likes on 2,691 Posts
That is what unfortunately happens to many of them, there is always someone that wants them but the ones who have them won't let them go..

Old 03-31-2016, 11:35 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Personally, I think that truck will never leave that spot. I appears that the only thing keeping it from sinking further into the ground is is bottomed out on the frame and axles.
Here is a truck that my dad had way back in the 50's, It was nearly new when he bought it. The truck was run into by a drunk and the rear driver side frame was smashed off and the rear axle was bent. It was written off. My dad sold it to the guy that owned this property that wanted the engine and transmission and it is still sitting there to this day. I tracked it down a few years ago, the engine and trans is still sitting in it. I approached the present owner, the son of the one my dad sold it too hoping I could possibly buy some inner cab stuff off it and the stainless grille. His reply was "oh no, I'm going to fix'er up some day". Well, I doubt that will ever happen, they have had it since 1956 and it is in about as bad shape as the one above. I don't understand why people won't let go of stuff.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:46 PM
Nicholas+
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I forgot I had this picture. A few months ago while at work I walked through some wooded land looking for a downed power line. I stumbled into this F6.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:51 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,702 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Originally Posted by Mervy49
Personally, I think that truck will never leave that spot. I appears that the only thing keeping it from sinking further into the ground is is bottomed out on the frame and axles.
Here is a truck that my dad had way back in the 50's, It was nearly new when he bought it. The truck was run into by a drunk and the rear driver side frame was smashed off and the rear axle was bent. It was written off. My dad sold it to the guy that owned this property that wanted the engine and transmission and it is still sitting there to this day. I tracked it down a few years ago, the engine and trans is still sitting in it. I approached the present owner, the son of the one my dad sold it too hoping I could possibly buy some inner cab stuff off it and the stainless grille. His reply was "oh no, I'm going to fix'er up some day". Well, I doubt that will ever happen, they have had it since 1956 and it is in about as bad shape as the one above. I don't understand why people won't let go of stuff.

What a shame! What a nice grille. And some good front end sheet metal.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:41 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
I'd like to see some of the cars in the background that look rather interesting too..

Old 04-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by abe
What a shame! What a nice grille. And some good front end sheet metal.
There were at least a half dozen vw bugs and 3 ****** M38 jeeps there that I could see. I didn't want to stick around to long after getting shot down on the truck, there was a lot of other neat stuff there.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:59 PM
bhalemail
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not thinking he's going to fix er up. I wonder if these people just feel guilty letting them sit and that's why they hoard them

Old 04-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
There were at least a half dozen vw bugs and 3 ****** M38 jeeps there that I could see. I didn't want to stick around to long after getting shot down on the truck, there was a lot of other neat stuff there.
Yeah, I sure could have used the front clip off of it. The truck was near new when dad sold it. Would have save me a whole bunch of body work and welding.

Anyways, I apologize to everyone here for what seems like I'm high jacking this thread.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Tienmac
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SStans
....Heard about a 47 Ford 2-tonner about 50 miles from where I live. So, having the day off work, went looking for it. Found it no problem....

...Tracked down the owner, truck is for sale.... price is right ... a few $$ changes hands, I go pick it up Monday. My line up gets longer.....

....Also found a couple other gems today.....
Stan. ............

Apparently, I went on the same drive today, as I saw both trucks. There is a 48- 49 Merc 2 ton near Claybank. It looks really rough and the cows have been around it.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:53 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 558 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicholas+
I forgot I had this picture. A few months ago while at work I walked through some wooded land looking for a downed power line. I stumbled into this F6
I use to have a friend years back that was a lineman. Worked on those transmission lines and while he was way up there in the air he'd look around for old trucks for me.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Silver54
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Removed as I think some one may have issues with what some one had spray painted on the truck, I will try and get a better picture with out the graffiti tomorrow

Old 04-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Tienmac
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
48 or 49 Merc left for the cows.

Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2016, 09:03 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Tienmac
48 or 49 Merc left for the cows.

Looks to be in fairly good condition still, good for parts anyways..

Old 04-03-2016, 11:06 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Be advised none of the above scares us. This is what we do. Think those are bad
a late Chevy I mean late frame toasted I mean toasted my son just did. Don't care if
Chevy or any, but how in hell get that bad? Yes F series spring hangers toasted by the dozen. And then they lay salt when its raining? Over budget i guess. But we run a
full service job shop and machine shop. sam

Old 04-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,716 Posts
we aint scared

Quick Reply: Derelict, abandoned, junkyard truck pic thread!