I have a 2009 Expedition EL 4x4 XLT. Power seat and pedals but no navigation or automatic climate control. Below is a list of the things that have broke or needed repair since I have owned the truck. What I am browsing the forum for and picking y'alls brain is........ what is next? Currently 115,000 miles and no real problems at the moment.
1. Traction control module replaced under warranty
2. bulkhead wiring connector seal on transmission replaced due to leaking
3. driver side door window regulator exploded internally
4. A/C blend door motor under dash broke (Twice!!!)
5. A/C fan speed switch partially melted behind the switch. Replaced switch and resistor card
6. Ford emblem on grill is completely delaminated and looks awful (not yet replaced)
7. New battery due to age and other maintenance stuff (plugs, trans flush, fuel system cleaned etc...)
Have you guys noticed any other frequently occurring failures on here? There may be more but I may have blocked them due to anger (it's hard to feel good about repair costs while you were still making payments).
I don't see anything outside of normal maintenance items that will come up. My starter went out at 134K miles, went through two fan clutches-under warranty. That's about it. If you focus energy on what will break, it will happen.
1978 F250 Lariat 4x2
2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x2
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.