Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Oregon's 2014 Official BS thread. May you all be full of it!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 10:54 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
I love watching it turn rods into parts.

Me too! I've been spending a bunch of time designing cams for some projects I want to do. I think I can make a bunch of custom fasteners I can sell on line...

Neat watching it spit out parts one after another! Now I need to find a bigger model with larger than 1/2" collets....

Old 11-27-2014, 10:56 AM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Me too! I've been spending a bunch of time designing cams for some projects I want to do. I think I can make a bunch of custom fasteners I can sell on line...

Neat watching it spit out parts one after another! Now I need to find a bigger model with larger than 1/2" collets....
I have those collets and tools for ya too. Dam shame I scrapped the lathes.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:58 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I got "stuff"
Come spring, everything here on this property needs to move . We are going to break ground on the shop in NC. Once I get the shop up, I will be making a keep pile, and put on the pallet for Don pile.

I will be forever in your debt my friend. Noting like that around here at all....

Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
I watched that Video on the threading machine, and was amazed at how many cams they had to have for the different projects..

Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I have those collets and tools for ya too. Dam shame I scrapped the lathes.

That whole thing brings tears to my eyes Charlie. Wish I'd had the cash an a couple semis. I would have driven back there and bought all the tooling and machines you scrapped out and put them to good use out here

Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by kjvforme
I watched that Video on the threading machine, and was amazed at how many cams they had to have for the different projects..

True, but once the cams are made you can make BILLIONS of parts, all while drinking coffee and putting in new rods once in a while!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:12 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
True, but once the cams are made you can make BILLIONS of parts, all while drinking coffee and putting in new rods once in a while!
So how do you make the cams?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:17 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend

By cutting and grinding. I have access to a friends CAD plasma cutter, which should make it a bunch easier, and the machine came with a handful of new cam blanks. Using the math and designing the new ones has been a challenge for this ol' fart tho..........lol

Old 11-27-2014, 11:38 AM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
You design what you need, and fab it up.
You save that part/ tooling when the job is finished, and use it next job

many times one tooling will do many applications with just simple changes. Think how useful a drill is with a chuck. there are many drill bits, one chuck. one drill does many jobs

sorry to over simplify it Don. lol

Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,000 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Morning Jim. I was saddened hearing about your problems with the court yesterday. You and Diana have had enough crap over this for too long. Hopefully you guys can now get on with your lives... Have a great day my friend!

Thanks Don.

Mornin western side

Jim, I finally gave up with mom. The 3 brothers from hell have won the war. Mom was suffering due to the battle, as am I, so I bailed.
You can only do so much, then you have to let God sort it out
We are there Charlie. Problem is, my wife is an only child. So when the MIL gets tired of her "new daughter" and slaps her around, slugs her, cusses and swears at her and lets her "new daughter" know what she really thinks about her and her gay ways and her new female "husband"....and the money is gone....they will dump her off on our door step....

Health professionals also told the court that my MIL has done so poorly on recent "executive function" testing and some other type of testing that she actually needs to be moved from assisted care living into the Memory Care (lock down) unit. We'll see how the "new daughter deals with that as I know that move will end up in straight jacket crisis mode.

But, you are absolutely right. It is time to move on and try to live a "normal" life. We are going to try and wash our hands of it, if the state and the MIL and her new found daughter and her female husband will let us. The property deed is a "joint tenancy with right of survivorship" so we will have to deal with that....and we think that was one of the big enticements for the outlaws to try and wrest control over.

Beyond that, Diana and I have decided to ignore the constant phone calls from her mother, the "I wants", "I need" and numerous other requests that come in. (21+ phone calls, at all hours of the day or night, in the last couple of weeks alone.) Her "new daughter" is just going to have to be able to handle her new responsibilities. Her mother can talk to the voice mail and her "new daughter".

We are going to back off, regroup and get our own health care, that we have been neglecting, taken care of.

I'm off to the ranch, where we have my side of the family and they luv us......most of the time.

Everyone have a Happy, wonderful and great Turkey Day!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I got a couple boxes of cams with this and can use most of them. The guy I bought it from (for $150!) paid 500 for it and made over $18,000 making short brass spacers for another company!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:49 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Wishing nothing but the best for you and Diana, Jim. Hope you can have a great day with your family.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:51 AM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
Thanks Don.

We are there Charlie. Problem is, my wife is an only child. So when the MIL gets tired of her "new daughter" and slaps her around, slugs her, cusses and swears at her and lets her "new daughter" know what she really thinks about her and her gay ways and her new female "husband"....and the money is gone....they will dump her off on our door step....

Health professionals also told the court that my MIL has done so poorly on recent "executive function" testing and some other type of testing that she actually needs to be moved from independent living into the Memory Care (lock down) unit. We'll see how the "new daughter deals with that as I know that move will end up in straight jacket crisis mode.

But, you are absolutely right. It is time to move on and try to live a "normal" life. We are going to try and wash our hands of it, if the state and the MIL and her new found daughter and her female husband will let us. The property deed is a "joint tenancy with right of survivorship" so we will have to deal with that....and we think that was one of the big enticements for the outlaws to try and wrest control over.

Beyond that, Diana and I have decided to ignore the constant phone calls from her mother, the "I wants", "I need" and numerous other requests that come in. (21+ phone calls, at all hours of the day or night, in the last couple of weeks alone.) Her "new daughter" is just going to have to be able to handle her new responsibilities. Her mother can talk to the voice mail and her "new daughter".

We are going to back off, regroup and get our own health care, that we have been neglecting, taken care of.

I'm off to the ranch, where we have my side of the family and they luv us......most of the time.

Everyone have a Happy, wonderful and great Turkey Day!
I know what you mean. Just went through it. Mom is in "assisted living" now, they got her out of the house, and put the house up for sale.
Funny thing, now that the house is out of the trust, and up for sale, They all went home, and yes, the phone is ringing off the hook with mom sayin" where are you guys? I really miss you? what did I do?

Dude, I have to tell you it hurts like hell. tell your wife I have a special hug just for her today on turkey day I understand.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:06 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Joshua Harris
Thanks Rob, JR was asking.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Fresh turkey is OK, but nothing compared to a good turkey sandwich!
100% on the money..........

Yummmmmmm

We are postponing the Big Thanksgiving meal. Lynn is sick and still not feel real chipper. I think we will have our big meal on Saturday or Sunday.

Quick Reply: Oregon's 2014 Official BS thread. May you all be full of it!