Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
[QUOTE=ubereal2;13991321
Anybody have anything exciting planned for the weekend. [/QUOTE]

Stay warm..

Old 01-24-2014, 07:48 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That's high in my thoughts too. Too cold to be outside unless you have to be out. And so far, I don't.

Unk Bob

Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Just got done with my workout, now to get in the shower and then go to the Sidewalk Café for some real country cooking.. Lets see now, how many calories did the treadmill say I burned..LOL Ah, who cares..

Old 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
My wife and I used to hit a little hole in the wall country place like that for breakfast on my day's off and kids were young and in school, The Sands Café, good breakfast, we hit it enough times to where we knew where to sit and have the same server, and she knew our "The Usual" order... You can't beat that kind of place. I managed to keep my butt in the house today, other than to let "Rocky" out to do his business. Hope y'all stayed warm today.

Unk Bob

Old 01-25-2014, 05:44 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Morning Bob, Clint, James, Willie, Mat, Steve, CarolinaCanes.
Heading down to Denver NC to meet Steve(ncranchero) and pick up the seatbelt part I need.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:30 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Hey everybody, breakfast is over and not far from needing a nap. Not sure what the day hold in store for us. So far it looks like I'm staying inside and staying warm.

Unk Bob

Old 01-25-2014, 08:55 AM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning y'all. I feel like a kid in Christmas in a thunderstorm. Bought my first die grinder and torque wrench last night. Too cold for me out there.

Hope you guys are staying warn! I wish I could drive my truck inside. I'd be a happy camper. Don't think that'll fly ;-)

Old 01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
I did find out some good news today. It somewhat counteracts my bad news of the week.

I've been chasing down an engine light in my dd (03 Windstar). First it was a misfire. Changed plugs wires and eventually the coil pack.

Misfire gone. Drive from Washington to Durham and it runs like a champ. Next morning the light comes back on. Now it's lean in both backs..diagnosed as intake manifold gasket. I've had this done each of the past two winters. Frustrating to say the least.

Btw my tags were up LAST May. I was out of state then I was hit with all of this.

But she runs pretty good and nothing like the last couple times it went out. Problem is I can't pass inspection till it's fixed right?? Wrong! Its currently registered in the county I used to live in (I move and travel a lot, not everything gets switched over like it should). Craven county requires emissions testing but I just found out Beaufort county does not. I live in Beaufort co. I didn't even know it varies by county. So while nothing got done today I can consider it a success. This took a lot of pressure off me on that front.

Hopefully next weekend is a bit warmer and I'll perform my first major surgery (for me at least) and I'll be replacing the gaskets and the isolator bolts. Saving my self a ton of money while also insuring it's done correctly, even if it takes all weekend.

Wow that was long, but I needed to tell some folks that would hopefully understand lol.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:41 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Alexander is a non emissions testing county also. Just for giggles, I looked on DMV and I was surprised to find out it's 48 emissions to 52 non emissions.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:08 AM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
Alexander is a non emissions testing county also. Just for giggles, I looked on DMV and I was surprised to find out it's 48 emissions to 52 non emissions.
That shocked me too. I was on a major rant at the office because DMV website said densely populated areas require emmisions testing. I didn't think anyone could consider Beaufort co densely populated.....apparently they don't. Open mouth insert foot lol.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:34 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
How are y'all doing today, still cooler outside than this fat boy likes.
When James and I met for lunch last week, we hit several different subjects, one being North Carolina CCW. Myself "I LIKE GUN'S"! and took the class for my CCW but haven't turned it in my certificate of completion yet. Since there is no due date/expiration date, and it keeps getting covered up with junk mail, and it has even made it do different rooms, so it's easy for me to space It off.
Well I may be going for the record here. I'm turning this in tomorrow, and it has been one full year from today, 1-26-13 that I passed the class. Anybody know of another guy that has set on that piece of paper for a year...
Hope y'all are staying safe n warm.

Unk Bob

Old 01-27-2014, 04:44 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Anybody know of another guy that has set on that piece of paper for a year...

Unk Bob
No. But I've sat on the idea to take the class for a little over a year..
Does that count..
How long was your class Bob?

Old 01-27-2014, 06:21 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
The class itself was 3 to 4 hours, a lot easier than I thought it might be. Didn't get to shoot as many rounds as I'd like too. I'd like to find a place out of the city limits that a guy could just go fire a few rounds.

Unk Bob

Old 01-27-2014, 06:45 AM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Originally Posted by ubereal2
The class itself was 3 to 4 hours, a lot easier than I thought it might be. Didn't get to shoot as many rounds as I'd like too. I'd like to find a place out of the city limits that a guy could just go fire a few rounds.

Unk Bob
Shouldn't be too hard. I'll do some digging if I can tag along :-)

Did your permit go through yesterday?

On the road to Durham. Left before sun up. Feels like a heat wave. Second Monday of nice weather. Hopefully we can end our terrible Tuesdays streak though lol

Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I'm going to the Sheriff's office later this morning. Heard it could take 3 months or so to get the permit. But I've never been in trouble, so I don't see any problems. I took the training course a year ago, glad there is no expiration date.

Yup almost 60 today, then back to winter for the next few days.

Unk Bob

Quick Reply: Winter 13-14 General BS Thread