North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Winter 13-14 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:02 PM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Thanks for the compliment, I sold most everything that I made (All in solid cedar), several shelves, jewelry box, feeders etc, I also have a 6' long solid cedar slab that I turned into a sweet bench.
All of the wood working tools gone too, more of the toy's that were sold to help pay for our move here. I had a pretty cool little place to go hide in.

Unk Bob
Such a shame. I always want people that move here to enjoy it. With your sacrifices to do so I really hope you can call nc home.

Back to work for a few hours. Y'all stay safe!

Old 01-30-2014, 06:37 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the nice words, I really appreciate it
Hope y'all get to work or what ever you need to do this morning, man it's c ccccold outside.
This fat boy is ready for some warm weather, fishing and camping. Any of you fellers know of a shooting range in the Durham/Raleigh area. I have a couple of hand guns I haven't fired since we moved, and ammo was hard to get for a while, I need some rounds for my .45 auto, and a brick of .22's for Tim's (son) rifle. Hope to have my CCW by March and go shopping again, I'd like to get another 9mm. That would be the one to carry.
Y'all stay warm.

Unk Bob

Old 01-30-2014, 02:14 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's plenty of indoor ranges in the triangle area. You usually have to take a quick "safety" course even if you have permits or ccw. It's specific to each range and usually nothing more then filling out some paper work and answering a few basic safety questions.

The WACO sheriffs range in Apex requires a class and they have a schedule where you can sign up. But you can shoot long guns out there and hand guns. Pretty much anything you own legally you can bring and shoot at the sheriffs range.

There are local private ranges. They are more difficult to get into unless you know someone or go as a guest. Some have an annual lottery.

Then of course private land for those that have access to it.

I shoot about once a month at a local indoor range in Raleigh with a few friends. I also go down east on average about once a month and have access to private land where I can hunt or plink.

Finding most calibers at wally world these days.

22lr are still hard to find in bulk but I'm finding boxes of 50rds pretty regularly and the occasional box of 525rds. Still paying too much for 22's but everything else can be found for reasonable prices if you look.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:15 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Afternoon James, Canes, Bob and Tony

-The Great

Old 01-31-2014, 01:15 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Last day of the week before Super Bowl WEEKEND!!!! Anyone have any plans for a party?

-The Great

Old 01-31-2014, 01:16 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by CarolinaCanes
Hey man hope you are doing well.
Doing better that the Blackhawks actually won a game and didn't just get a point for showing up to OT

-The Great

Old 01-31-2014, 05:56 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT
Last day of the week before Super Bowl WEEKEND!!!! Anyone have any plans for a party?

-The Great
No party here. Hoping for peace and quiet and a good close game.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Good morning Tony, James, Clint, Canes and anybody else that peaks in.
No party here, I'm not a fan of any ball game. Football, Baseball. Basketball, non of them. Camping and fishing are as sporty as I get, until I get my old 79 4x4 back, hopefully this coming up year.
No plans at all today, I do have a road trip planned out for tomorrow though. I'm a dog nut, and volunteer with several dog rescues, and I'm getting two dog's Saturday afternoon that are coming from Georgia, and I'm taking them to Emporia Virginia, and handing them off to another driver that will take them to their final stop for rehab.
One of the dogs fell off of a deck, and broke a leg, the owner couldn't handle the cost of fixing the leg, so he had it amputated (azzhole), then decided he didn't want a three legged dog. So the rescue that I work mostly with has the dog, will rehab him, them make sure he get's adopted to a good family.

Supposed to warm up today, I know I'm ready for that.

Unk Bob

Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 AM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Good morning y'all! One more day! Hopefully in 10 hours I'll be home with a four finger glass of sailor Jerrys. Also know as a small shot
:-P

Happy for your hawks Clint. Canes on a nice run before the habs shut us down. Running into a goalie that's standing in his head will cool the jets of any team I guess.

Drive safe Bob. I made few runs for a lab rescue when I lived in Florida. I can't keep them all at my house, so it was the least I could do. It's nice you're in to stuff like that.

Well I hope y'all have a nice day. With a little luck I'll be done with my weekend to do list in time for the game.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:53 AM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Tomorrow shall be deemed Ubereal2 day. It supposed to be 60ish.

Welcome to nc. You know what they say, If you don't like the weather just wait a day or two.
:-)

Old 01-31-2014, 06:56 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by CarolinaCanes

Welcome to nc. You know what they say, If you don't like the weather just wait a day or two.
:-)
That was a popular saying in Missouri too. "If you don't like the weather, just wait, it will change"

Unk Bob

Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
That's awesome about the dog rescue thing. Hope your trip goes smoothly and the pooches arrive at their new homes safe and sound.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe. Take care.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:15 AM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
It can get hot in Missouri no doubt. I went up the arch in July one year and thought I was going to pass out. Might have been claustrophobia. Lol.

My uncle is from st Louis. Never saw the ocean until he went on a pac cruise with navy. First time seeing it he saw it for six month.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Oh yeah, it can get hot there, humid too. But I think it can get worse here in NC. There were day's last summer that I dreaded going outside, and I don't mind a good sweat. I haven't been inside that St. Louis arch yet, been by it several times, just haven't made it inside.
Hope everybody has a safe weekend, I just finalized my trip to Emporia Va for tomorrow. Hope to be back home before too late in the evening.

Y'all behave

Unk Bob

Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 PM
CarolinaCanes
Senior User
Well I missed my projection by three hours out so but back home finally. At least for a couple days.

Bob if you run into any problems and really need a hand give me a call.

I'll be up with the sun installing my brand new Fix Ford's F**k-up Kit.

New front valve cover, isolator bolts, Idle speed control gasket
Intake port gaskets
Fuel pressure regulator vacuum line
Throttle body gasket
PCV line

Don't know what half of it is but I've had to have intake manifold gaskets replaced now for the third winter in a row. Doing it my self so I can be more sure it'll last. Terrible design by Ford. At least I'll save 500 bucks and have a little more assurance. Plus I'll learn a little bit, which is worth quite a bit as well.

Quick Reply: Winter 13-14 General BS Thread