1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monte's 04 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:04 PM
drew04
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took a couple days but I read through the whole build haha, lots of great stuff, awesome work! Some funny off topic had me laughing pretty hard too.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:40 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks Man! Yeah we get off topic a lot lol you should join in! I bring it back occasionally when i get something productive done lol.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You get things productively done? LOL Just messing with ya man I know it is hard on a tight schedule.

You might have to terrorize my build thread on the 10 F150 when I get it started this summer. LOL Waiting till summer since I won't be driving it much till summer.
Trav

Old 02-03-2015, 10:24 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Well it wouldn't be a build thread without Jeremy and I getting off topic now would it? lol

I just had a cool ADD inspired idea for my old dash lol, that offroad buggy i want to build with my the 5.4l out of the 250 i can reuse the dash and everything with just a custom gauge cluster in it! might be cool lol usually people do sheet metal dashes but i will have a glovebox!

Old 02-03-2015, 10:27 AM
wizkid00104
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt, what are your thought's on the blue footed booby?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:41 AM
drey04
Posting Guru
holy smokes Matt... you're moving along haven't checked in in a while, been pretty busy with work and life lol i'm currently doing the infamous superduty front end rebuild on my truck so that's keeping me tied up for a bit... ball joints, u joints, brakes, and i just put on a zone track bar and new drag link as well, plus alot of the little stupid crap. and i recently bought a 2014 fusion so i can save some money in gas, and spend more on the truck

Old 02-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Dennis I saw your truck on the Recon site the other day when looking for ideas on the 10 F150.

A glove box in a buggy? I guess I have heard stranger ideas from you. LOL I would do it just because it sounds like it is just going to be extra parts laying around if you didn't. Plus wiring for the engine might be a little easier.
Trav

Old 02-03-2015, 11:26 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by wizkid00104
Matt, what are your thought's on the blue footed booby?

Well... seems to be not very aerodynamic however if does have an aggressive front and looks as if it is light so it probably gets great MPG's...i dig it where can i buy one? maybe i can replace the Expy and get better gas mileage out of it! Also looks like it runs on air ride since the one in the back is scrapping the ground which is cool!

Originally Posted by drey04
holy smokes Matt... you're moving along haven't checked in in a while, been pretty busy with work and life lol i'm currently doing the infamous superduty front end rebuild on my truck so that's keeping me tied up for a bit... ball joints, u joints, brakes, and i just put on a zone track bar and new drag link as well, plus alot of the little stupid crap. and i recently bought a 2014 fusion so i can save some money in gas, and spend more on the truck
Haha yeah man slowed down a little recently with school and work picking up but i get what i can done when i am free. Nice, i am going to rebuild my front end as well in the near future i am going to to the rear end now and the front end once i get in depth with the cummins swap I'm going to do balljoints, ujoints are done already lol, new sway bar, diff cover, dual stabilizer the whole 9 yards. Have you looked into the dynatrac ball joints? they interest me because they are rebuildable they come off as pricey but i spent the same having OEM ones put in a few years back so realistically if i do them once the second time when i rebuild them i will save quite a few Benjamin's lol.

Good point trav i didnt even think of the wiring aspect lol, how hard is it to get one of the newer engines to run as a stand alone and not need to be in a super duty? I would think it should be rather easy with the PCM because its cable driven.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:26 AM
drey04
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
Dennis I saw your truck on the Recon site the other day when looking for ideas on the 10 F150
really? sweet! where at on the site? must be an older pic of it, i haven't bought recon stuff in a long time.

Originally Posted by xmontex4
Have you looked into the dynatrac ball joints?l
i've heard of them, but haven't looked into them much. i'll check those out, thanks!

Old 02-03-2015, 11:30 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
No problem man, they are pricey though so dont fall off your chair when they pop up lol around here i spent that much getting normal ones installed though so i think its worth it lol.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:32 AM
drey04
Posting Guru
No problem man, they are pricey though so dont fall off your chair when they pop up lol around here i spent that much getting normal ones installed though so i think its worth it lol.
holy pricey ball joints batman! LOL wow you weren't kidding!

Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well... seems to be not very aerodynamic however if does have an aggressive front and looks as if it is light so it probably gets great MPG's...i dig it where can i buy one? maybe i can replace the Expy and get better gas mileage out of it! Also looks like it runs on air ride since the one in the back is scrapping the ground which is cool!

Haha yeah man slowed down a little recently with school and work picking up but i get what i can done when i am free. Nice, i am going to rebuild my front end as well in the near future i am going to to the rear end now and the front end once i get in depth with the cummins swap I'm going to do balljoints, ujoints are done already lol, new sway bar, diff cover, dual stabilizer the whole 9 yards. Have you looked into the dynatrac ball joints? they interest me because they are rebuildable they come off as pricey but i spent the same having OEM ones put in a few years back so realistically if i do them once the second time when i rebuild them i will save quite a few Benjamin's lol.

Good point trav i didnt even think of the wiring aspect lol, how hard is it to get one of the newer engines to run as a stand alone and not need to be in a super duty? I would think it should be rather easy with the PCM because its cable driven.

I am not 100% sure but with the wiring and sensors I wouldn't doubt it would be a little tough.

really? sweet! where at on the site? must be an older pic of it, i haven't bought recon stuff in a long time.

i've heard of them, but haven't looked into them much. i'll check those out, thanks!
This is the link to it:
Recon Accessories: Customer Gallery
Recon has so much stuff it is hard to decide what to get. Guess it is a good thing I have a while before I start modding it. LOL
Trav

Old 02-03-2015, 01:09 PM
drey04
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
This is the link to it:
Recon Accessories: Customer Gallery
Recon has so much stuff it is hard to decide what to get. Guess it is a good thing I have a while before I start modding it. LOL
Trav
cool, thanks Trav! yeah that is an ooooooold pic

Old 02-03-2015, 01:21 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
holy pricey ball joints batman! LOL wow you weren't kidding!
Didn't hurt your head when you fell over did you? lol honestly though they are pricey but i paid $800 for all 4 new ball joints the last two times i needed them done so realistically $600 now even if i replace them i save $200 lol it's just what it costs around me for some reason so i figured $600 one time cost and i can rebuild them without having to remove them from the knuckle again, that's what i thought was cool is you can rebuild them without pressing them out so you dont need to deal with that ever again and people run 46" tires on those bad boys with no issues. The rebuild kits run at $200 so you figure it only costs $200 every time after that for me i make up the cost after 2-3 rebuilds from what i would normally spend.

How do you like the Fusion Dennis? my Fiance loved it but the dealer wouldn't work with us so we kept her car and I've been dumping money into it instead of my truck to keep it driveable lol. Since October ive dont Shocks, Struts, Tires and now it needs brake this spring.... i would have all my parts for the rear end if it wasn't for that car lol. We are going to keep it for a few more years since we (I) just put all that money into it and sell it privately to get more money for it hopefully.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
cool, thanks Trav! yeah that is an ooooooold pic
No problem.

Matt isn't there a way to make the focus a little cooler maybe rally car style?
Trav

Quick Reply: Monte's 04 Build Thread