Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And he don't look worried one bit!
Is that a KTM he on?

Capt'n

Old 12-24-2013, 10:31 PM
lucky_thirteen
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, that was a KTM 80 he was checking out. It's hard not to run out and buy him pee wee 50, even though he can't actually ride for a couple years. His mother is not very excited about the thought

Old 12-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Patience Pop...his time will come. My grandson is 7 now but, last year I bought him a Rupp. He was all excited cause his Poppy (me) owns a motorcycle shop and would have this old rusted clunker lookin and ridin sweet in no time......Bwaahhhahaaa....NOT!
The boy needs to learn how to earn in this life so I told him he'd have to tear it all apart, hand sand everything down to the bare metal before I help him put it together. I downloaded a restored version and hung the printed pic in one of my shops service bays as a reminder of what his Rupp might look like one day if he's willing to put in the effort. Needless to say....it's been a long year and he's almost done with the frame. LOL!! I figure with that much ambition, he'll might be riding it by the time he's ten.
Capt'n

Old 12-27-2013, 10:21 PM
lucky_thirteen
Senior User
That's awesome. I can't wait till he's old enough to actually be interested in some of this stuff, in more then a "I want to chew and bang on this" sort of way

Old 12-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
I think we all can remember our earliest exposure to motorsports. Somehow those first sights, sounds and smells have stayed with us all into our adult lives. I think everyone in here is a self professed Motorhead because of it. I can speak to my own experiences with both my kids. You can imagine my disappointment when they both came into this world as GIRLS. Auugghh!!!
I can remember thinking " what dah hell am I supposed to do with girls?!?!".
So, I gave up the race car.....put serious lid on my bikes and fed and clothed them working in the marine industry. But still, they were exposed to the "shop experience" growing up. To this day, now in their 30's, the first thing they do when they walk into one of my shops is take a deep breath...then smile...and tell me how much they miss the smell of old grease, gasoline and well worn tools. They both are regular motorcycle riders (whoda thunk it) and are among the first to jump in and get their hands greasy. One works in a bank and the other as an accountant but, both girls luv being motorheads 1st and foremost. I'm a happy daddy!!
Keep him around the garage and then sit back and watch him grow up to being a true motorhead of the 1st order.
Capt'n

Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
Well I've been CUT OFF!!
Here's a couple pix of one of the only sunny dayz I was able to get'er on the road.

Capt'n
Just wanted to let ya know that this brand new Hot Rod is FOR SALE.
This baby has more bells and whistles then you find on most bikes especially a Bobber and with an S&S 93" stroker it gets it in short order.
I've got over $36,000. invested into this top shelf build. I have the parts list for anyone interested. I know I'm gonna take a beating on this but I would suggest making me a BEST OFFER before I list it. Tell a friend!
Capt'n

Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am going to be in Seattle this weekend. If the wallet was willing, I would be driving up to see you about it!

Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by thomabb
I am going to be in Seattle this weekend. If the wallet was willing, I would be driving up to see you about it!
Thanks Thom. Some one is gonna get one hellva deal. This bike is not your average Bobber. Only wish I could keep it for myself but a recent economic shift at my end of the world is forcing me to part with it. I at least was able to do a couple laps around our island on it to insure the bike was ship shape and deal with any minor glitches and adjustments.
She's turn key with title in hand.
Capt'n

Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Old 01-10-2014, 01:02 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Captain. Sorry you have to let go of the bike. Just had to trade my 98 XL1200 for a diesel box truck cause we had to move and couldn't afford a rental. I have a couple project bikes but really gonna miss that wheel lifting SOB.

Lucky. He doesn't need to be too much older, I started at 3 on a PW50 with training wheels.

Recently found out that I'll be having a girl! No reason she can't go from a ballroom dress to work pants when she gets older.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Captain. Sorry you have to let go of the bike. Just had to trade my 98 XL1200 for a diesel box truck cause we had to move and couldn't afford a rental. I have a couple project bikes but really gonna miss that wheel lifting SOB.

Lucky. He doesn't need to be too much older, I started at 3 on a PW50 with training wheels.

Recently found out that I'll be having a girl! No reason she can't go from a ballroom dress to work pants when she gets older.
Congrates on the new addition!! Both my girls can pull off the polished professional look and still luv to get their hands greasy here at the shop. It can be done.
Sorry to hear that you had to let go of your Sporty. Summer is still a ways off so who knows what scoot might wander your way by then but, like you, ya gotta do watcha gotta do.
Capt'n

Old 01-10-2014, 09:50 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a few angles to work and some things to hussle but when the money comes I will have to decide between getting a Cummins donor truck or finding a deal on a RoadGlide as though I love XLs my broken back tells me I need more comfort for the long hauls.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Well I've gone and done it....I just submitted my Bobber into the Seattle International Motorcycle Show. Their only accepting 40 bikes so I hope we get in. It's being held Feb 14-Feb 16 at the Washington State Covention Center.
Meantime, if someone steps up with $18,500. (that's half of what just the parts on this cost) I'll pull it from the show and they get themselves one helleva deal or they can put it in the show themselves.
I need the capital to build up our motorcycle rental biz here on the island for this summer.
Thanks!!
Capt'n

Old 01-12-2014, 11:55 PM
lucky_thirteen
Senior User
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie

He's a little over 7 months, so he's still got a ways to go. I too started riding when I was 3, but it was on one of those strange 4-wheeled things. Congrats on the little one

Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 PM
lucky_thirteen
Senior User
Took a break from working on the truck today to give him his first motorcycle ride. We putted down the driveway and out around the shop, I thought his mother was going to have a heart attack

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Chatter