HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Bumpin' for informational purposes....

Old 04-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Mako Innovations
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where do you find these and what did they set you back?

Old 04-22-2014, 03:37 AM
rockittsled
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mako Innovations
The Sanderson FF427 header set is designed to fit 1953-Up Ford F100 pickups using the Ford 332-428 FE engines.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sanderson headers are very nice from what I've researched. They use a thick header flange so that you don't need to use a gasket. Im still alittle weary of that part. But will probably be using them on my 460 build.

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread until all these months later. Those headers look great. Did you end up getting a mini starter yet? I've had to replace my starter before from being cooked by the headers. now all I will run is mini starters when I run headers come hand in hand. No more worries of letting me sit now. Is anyone running a 460 with Sanderson headers? I found a pair for sale but the guys having part number issues so I don't know what ones he has. Anyone know enough about sandersons to tell them apart?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:05 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2x on the mini starters.
If you have a auto trans and your not parked at home in your driver way and the starter craps out your dead in the water. Time to call a tow truck..

Where as if you have a stick shift trans you can ask a few guys for hand to get it push started to get it home so you can remove the header and replace with a mini starter.

Hopefully that will be the last starter you'll have to change out for a long time.

But next time a mini starter will be of ease if needed changing out..
orich

Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ totally agree and that's the exact scenario that happen to me. was at the gas pump filled up got in and the starter was heat soaked and fried. Lucky I was in my 73 challenger with a 5 speed so I pop started it. Got it home ordered a mini starter never looked back. Added benefit smaller and lighter to maneuver when bolting up.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread until all these months later. Those headers look great. Did you end up getting a mini starter yet? I've had to replace my starter before from being cooked by the headers. now all I will run is mini starters when I run headers come hand in hand. No more worries of letting me sit now. Is anyone running a 460 with Sanderson headers? I found a pair for sale but the guys having part number issues so I don't know what ones he has. Anyone know enough about sandersons to tell them apart?
This thread is hyperlinked in the tech thread compilation sticky in the Dentside forum for info/links/resources. Periodically check it because it covers both Bumps and Dents due to many parts and upgrades that cross-over.

The moderators felt it was fine to make it a sticky there but not in here for whatever reason. Perhaps 67-72 users could clamor to have it replicated in this forum

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...mpilation.html

Old 04-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Mako Innovations
Junior User
Wow that's a good price, now the real question is will these clear everything in a 73 super camper special? The anti roll bar and large cross brace seem to rule out all the headers I have found so far...

Old 04-22-2014, 02:16 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Wow that's a good price, now the real question is will these clear everything in a 73 super camper special? The anti roll bar and large cross brace seem to rule out all the headers I have found so far...
The header collectors will exit down by the pan rail. If you're talking about the CS swaybar which bolts across the radius arms it'll need to be ditched.

Go for the front-mount swaybar found on Dentsides... the most laborious part will be obtaining and installing the bracket which goes over the I-beam to radius arm thru-bolts.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Mako Innovations
Junior User
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
The header collectors will exit down by the pan rail. If you're talking about the CS swaybar which bolts across the radius arms it'll need to be ditched.

Go for the front-mount swaybar found on Dentsides... the most laborious part will be obtaining and installing the bracket which goes over the I-beam to radius arm thru-bolts.
Well good news is I have a dentside! Bad news is its a super camper special so fitting headers is next impossible. The anti roll bar and the extra large cross member are in the way. I would like to see if these fit. I will also snoop around and see if anyone with an scs has tried these.

Thanks for the help!

Old 04-22-2014, 02:44 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Well good news is I have a dentside! Bad news is its a super camper special so fitting headers is next impossible. The anti roll bar and the extra large cross member are in the way. I would like to see if these fit. I will also snoop around and see if anyone with an scs has tried these.

Thanks for the help!
Just a reminder that this is the Bumpside forum.

Yeah, I read and understood your post the first time....... that's why the swaybar which mounts btwn the radius arms needs to be removed.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:02 PM
sgt.bigjim
Junior User
SMALL BLOCK

So would these headers be a good choice for my 302? I also have a 70 2wd?

Old 04-22-2014, 06:17 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by sgt.bigjim
So would these headers be a good choice for my 302? I also have a 70 2wd?
FF427 headers are FE-specific... no joy with Windsors. I suggest ya visit Sanderson's website: Sanderson Headers for Ford engine applications.

.. and contact them with fitment questions. It looks like they offer a coupla 302 shorties.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:28 PM
treverd
Senior User
HIO just curious if you felt any performance gains from installing the Sanderson Headers?

Old 03-10-2016, 04:37 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by treverd
HIO just curious if you felt any performance gains from installing the Sanderson Headers?
Yes. Definite gains over the restrictive cast iron manifolds.

Quick Reply: Sanderson FE Headers PN FF427 Reference Pictures