Sponsored by: Moser

2013 F150 Platinum Drivetrain Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Mikef150x2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 issue - offer to resolve

I have same issue, which has been acknowledged by ford dealer; have been offered by ford to switch from double to single drive shaft if it will fit (2014's use single on every f150). If problem is fixed, they pay; if not, we split costs as it is a "characteristic"... Disappointed that an uncomfortable driving characteristic is "normal" on a 45k truck. Seeing that there is one person who has had issue with single drive shaft makes me a little concerned about making the deal...

Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikef150x2
I have same issue, which has been acknowledged by ford dealer; have been offered by ford to switch from double to single drive shaft if it will fit (2014's use single on every f150). If problem is fixed, they pay; if not, we split costs as it is a "characteristic"...
Do you have an update on your truck, Mikef150x2? Let us know what you decided. If you need me to step in and assist, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Torklift Sheryl
SPONSOR
Hey Mike,
I want you to check out this thread too when you get a moment. See how the StableLoads helped another FTE user with their issue:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...w-shudder.html

- Torklift Jen

Torklift International – Towing, Suspension, Tie Downs, Steps
Call me direct: 1-800-246-8132
Visit our Blog: http://www.torklift.com/blog
Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Mikef150x2
New User
Originally Posted by FordService
Do you have an update on your truck, Mikef150x2? Let us know what you decided. If you need me to step in and assist, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal
How do I PM you? I haven't heard whether the 2014 will fit yet, but am tentative on splitting costs on a fix for a problem that is not being considered a problem, if the problem is not resolved. Will be happy to get you some info, but new to posting on forums - where is the/a private message link?

Thanks Crystal

Old 04-07-2014, 02:42 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Mikef150x2
How do I PM you?...
Hi Mike,

Just click on the "FordService" at the top of my post and select "Send a Private Message" - if all else fails, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673. They can offer the same assistance I can.

Crystal

Old 04-18-2014, 05:33 AM
Krist
New User
Hi Gang, new to the site. I have a 2013 crew with 6.5' bed. It has the same vibration. Yesterday dealer replaced vacuum valve assembly and upon their test drive after repair, said vibration was gone. Its still there. Fortunately, the service manager originally said a brand new truck should have no vibration. I'll be talking to them again today and let ya know how things go from here. By the way, they don't feel the vibration because I have to leave it with them empty. Vibration is hard to ignore when the bed is loaded up with tools.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Shepherd8
New User
I have the same problem with a 2012 XLT screw 5.5' bed I bought last month. Took it to the selling dealer and was told by the service writer the service manager would drive the truck to "reproduce" the problem as it is under warranty. The service manager would not let me drive the truck or go with him on the test drive. He said he drives the trucks harder than the customer to reproduce the trouble. Why not let the customer drive the truck the way the customer drives it and show the service manager the problem.

The service manager came back and said, "something is not right with the truck". 1 1/2 hrs later he says the problem is normal. One time it's not right, the next moment nothing is wrong? WTH. I have a 2013 that doesn't have the problem, why is this one normal?

The service writer apologized to me and the service manager wouldn't even talk to me himself. That's what Ford service means. Ford doesn't want to pay for warranty repairs and the dealers are not concerned about their customers after the sale. I have purchased three new Fords from this dealer and four new Fords from the same sales guy. I'm not going back when the D.A. service manager doesn't have the decency to even talk to the customer about their concerns.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Krist
Hi Gang, new to the site. I have a 2013 crew with 6.5' bed. It has the same vibration...
Originally Posted by Shepherd8
I have the same problem with a 2012 XLT screw 5.5' bed I bought last month...
Hi Krist and Shepherd8,

I'd like to jump in here and do what I can to help. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll check out some options.

Crystal

Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 AM
Krist
New User
Called Ford yesterday. Service manager suggested a ride Monday with one of the techs. What kills me is, I bought a new vehicle to avoid repairs. My truck is my livelihood and being without it is costly. Anyway, Monday will be the third trip to dealer and I am still maintaining a positive relationship with service crew. Thanks for the response Crystal, but I'm not able to P.M. too new.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Krist
New User
Went for the ride with two techs today once with a young mechanic and the second with the foreman. Both acknowledged the shudder in my truck and both were very engaging. The foreman said they hadn't had any experience with this shudder issue. He said that in a case where they have no history of an issue they will test drive a brand new like vehicle. We did just that and with no weight in the bed the shudder was very slight, but I could feel it. He believed me and stated that since the same situation exists in a new like vehicle, ford will usually declare it a characteristic of that vehicle. He had difficulty saying this as he knew it is a hard pill to swallow with a truck that has a $53,000 sticker price.
Foreman said he'd message ford to find any info on this and will let me know when he hears back. I'll let ya know what he says.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 AM
hammer65
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder what the CSR would say if they had a problem with their Pacemaker.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:22 AM
Krist
New User
I've been doing a bunch of reading on this low speed shudder thing. It seems most opinions for the cause is axle or spring wrap and is fixed with a carefully placed extra rear leaf. Now I may be imagining things, but I swear I can feel the shudder while just rolling through 5mph, no throttle. Wouldn't there have to be throttle applied to force spring wrap? Anyone else feel this?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:47 AM
chip.main
New User
Hello Krist,
I also feel that slight shudder or vibration with little throttle through first gear. It almost like taking off on a bicycle witha bent rear wheel. Sorry for the weird analogy
I'm anxiously waiting to see what mikef150x2 has decided to do with his truck...Tht to me seems like the best soluton i've seen on any of these sites witht his same issue.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Krist
New User
I know the bent bike rim very well. Some new info from my end. I hooked up the camper yesterday for the first time to experiment. I've read that the guys with a shudder, say "if you think you feel it with an empty truck, wait till you hook a trailer on it". Camper weighs about 3000 lbs.

I tried every gear and drive configuration multiple times and couldn't get the rumble to feel any worse than just the bed loaded with tools. Maybe its a different shudder than what I've been reading. Maybe that's a good thing.

Haven't heard back from dealer yet.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:35 PM
duskihunt
New User
i have a 2012 6.5 bed and have same problem and getting same answers
that you just have to live with it , what hogwash
I am trying to get in touch with ford and see if problem can be fixed

Quick Reply: 2013 F150 Platinum Drivetrain Vibration