Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

JUNE 2013 "Welcome To Summer" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm jealous of the rain----but we're supposed to get it today.

Is that the weekend lurking around the corner?

Have a great Friday!

Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ran out and got my trellis painted once the clouds cleared. Nothing bad found on yard patrol except my prized catnip bush got plumb flattened.

~But my neighbors though...

Sheesh! They have a limb still hangin off a tree right next to their fenceline that I estimate to be well over two thousand pounds

I offered a suggestion as to how to get it down, and all I can hope is that they don't get themselves hurt.

Their kids were out in the yard around noon tugging on it - and I know that thing is just about to crack and fall on something. That much weight hanging off a tree is a whole lot of energy just looking for a way to release

My thoughts on it are chain the bottom to a truck and drive straight away from the tree. It will pull the limb out near parallel to the ground and drop it where it will do no harm. But they were talking some craziness about getting under it and cutting the branch away piece by piece with a saw! If that thing falls - it could kill someone instantly

The top of it is about forty feet up the tree, and it reaches all the way to the ground.

I just noticed a thing - for whatever reason I am only 5 foot 6 and just under a half anymore - down from five eight when I was twenty five years old. Funny - I wonder if we shrink as we age?

~I also notice I'm at 207 pounds. Reckon it's time to chill out on the boneless poke loin
Ya think???

Onna other hand - if I git enuff barbeque, when I die they can just roll me right on down the street...

Old 06-30-2013, 09:24 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, we got about 1/2 inch of rain in less than 45 minutes.....no damage, and it filled up the rain barrels right smartly.

Last day of June----make the best of it!

Old 06-30-2013, 12:01 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AFternoon Mac, Dutch and Theo!!!

Sorry havn't been here to visit in the last week, we were moving. But just got setup in the house we will be at for 3 months and back online!!!!!

-The Great

Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Today started well, and ended fairly well too - though things are not going as well for Theo as we all thought. It seems he was misled as to his new home.

That is not my story to tell - however a number of scoundrels are fixin' to rue the day I guarantee you!

I also proved to a friend of mine that "Light Beer" regardless of brand, is an incredible ripoff...

To make light beer, all that is needed is a supply of fresh carbonated water, or club soda, soda water, sparkling water - all of those are the same thing.

What you do is mix a regular beer half and half with the soda water.

I guarantee you will not be able to tell the difference between the two! That is how beer IS made 'light'.

However - a twelve pack of regular beer costs exactly as much as a twelver of "Light Beer", and the light beer costs only about half as much to make.

We are at times victims of "Pre-Packaged Consumerism", and that right there is the proof.

Do your own taste test as we did this afternoon and you will be shocked!
You CAN NOT tell the difference, because there is none

Hopefully knowing that will save a bunch of y'all a lot of money...
*Two liter bottles of soda water are only 88 cents, just about anywhere
** Soda water mixed with fruit juices or frozen juice concentrates make wonderful soda drinks that are a lot better for us than the artificially flavored and sweetened soda pops most people are used to
***To make a wine cooler, pick a sweet wine, and mix it with soda water. Ask any bartender - that is how "Wine Coolers" are made. You can add an extra dimension to that with various fruit juices and/or spices

Anyway, they tore their busted limb down, and we cut up that and a lot more that looked like potential trouble.

At 7AM this morning I was doing a fast yard patrol and saw where one of my gladiolus plants that had fallen over never did rise because it had a tall stalk with PEACH colored flowers on it top to bottom. But as it was laying on it's side, I clipped the stalk and gave it to my best friends Lady. It seems she was thinking of making a flower arrangement today (one of her hobbies) and she was absolutely enthralled by it and it's unusual color
All for now
~Wolfie

"Sometimes, the simplest things are the very best"