Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

JUNE 2013 "Welcome To Summer" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not managed to get things sorted yet, so am still in Washington, where it is raining with a temperature of 62. Maybe I should stay here in the cool..

Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Greywolf
You don't even want to think about what a die-cast model of one of his cars costs!

I just checked on the seven day forecast. Up in the nineties, with some chance of t-storms for the rest of the month... I got out this morning at first light, did a few necessary chores, and retreated dogs and all. It was 80 before the sun even came up. This may be a bad year for wildfires, I need to clear some brush.
Oh I have a pretty good Idea how much a die cast model would cost... between ARCA, UMP and NASCAR.... all the races I have ever been, those "lifelike" die casts are ridiculous!!!!

It was 88* here at 10pm last night Dutch. HUMID as well. I don't konw if we will have any fires as we have had WAY too much precipitation. I think we are like 14-17" above average right now. My in-laws haven't even been able to get to their house on the MISSISSIPPI river yet because its still too high!!!

-THe Great

Old 06-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm lucky about that - I live a mile or more back from the bluff edge, and that bluff is about a hundred fifty or more feet high.

The fires I worry about won't be until later in the year, but just hide & watch! I bet there are wild fire STORMS in different places around the country once all of this "SPECTACULAR GROWTH" becomes dry as a bone...
And in California, when the Santa Ana winds come over the mountains - they will parch thousands of square miles of wildlands

On another note - this afternoon I saw the very first "SKINHEAD" I have ever really seen in this area.

Came boiling out of the local store, stripped his shirt off, threw it down on the pavement, howled, and was waiting for someone else to come out!
Tattoo across the shoulders and all of that...

That friend of mine I'm getting a tire to use for a planter from? Turns out he used to babysit the guy when he was little. He came out next, caught on to what was going on, and said:
"BOY! You better settle yore (A) down!"

And that was pretty much the end of it...

Sometimes I DO like this place

You have to picture it like this:
A SKINHEAD, with JAIL MUSCLES - and here come along Lynn Akins, old skinny tractor and heavy equipment man, long hair, a beard and 'stache, grew up tending horses...

Now THAT'S pure country

Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
It is Friday! Weekend is upon us----have a good one.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:33 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Afternoon Mac, Theo and Dutch!!!

Dutch.... sometimes you tell stories that you could only imagine in a movie or a book..... but I think they are so outrageous that you coudln't have POSSIBLY made them up! So I will continue to take your word for it!

Oh and I was LOL'ing about your post about 2am in the IL thread, its like you flipped the light on and sniffed aroudn like a Wolf... didn't find any prey, then you left!

-THe Great

Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT
Afternoon Mac, Theo and Dutch!!!

Dutch.... sometimes you tell stories that you could only imagine in a movie or a book..... but I think they are so outrageous that you coudln't have POSSIBLY made them up! So I will continue to take your word for it!

Oh and I was LOL'ing about your post about 2am in the IL thread, its like you flipped the light on and sniffed aroudn like a Wolf... didn't find any prey, then you left!

-THe Great
Life for me is sometimes outrageously colorful - what can I say?

I treated Woola with sargeants 30-day flea killer, the squirt a line down the back stuff (Rufuss too). Still waiting for more trimmer line, but I nabbed the tire I was talking about and hogged it open today. I'm thinking about laying the sidewall I cut out around my mailbox.

We have a guy from the county who's job it is to ride around on an old tractor and cut the first four feet or so of grass on the sides of roads in the area, and the last time he nearly took my mailbox OUT, man! There's a big gouge in the gravel next to it that is startling to see

Old 06-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
The trimmer line came today, and I went nuts with it all afternoon. The stuff amazed me, it's the first line I have used that will make it through an entire tank of fuel without a reload - Oregon Magnum Gatorline, 0.105"

Now I'm waiting for the inevitable massive shaky hands thing that almost all weedeaters will result in when I get done with them

*My rig is the kind that doesn't autofeed when you tap it on the ground - you have to cut a new piece each time and thread it in. I like it because it's simple and near bulletproof

It's weird looking stuff - a clear outer sheath surrounding an inner core of some black material

I got too curious and had to look up what that was just now. The black core is Aramid fiber, a type of kevlar....

NO WONDER it holds up so well!

One of the things that fascinates me about Woola - she is at once a wild dog, and a domesticated one

She has crawled up in my lap to be appreciated. This interferes a lot with my typing!

I ave t stopnow, as it is too difficult

There - she has gone exploring again!

It's kind of like that

Silly fuzzy one...

Old 06-16-2013, 12:29 PM
theologian
Postmaster
If I don't manage to get there soon, Woola isn't going to want to leave you, Dutch. I am still waiting for the loan papers to be sorted out - which can't take much longer surely, they just have to approve the loan again and print them out.. Or so I would think. Collateral damage from tornadoes are interfering with my equanimity.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Cumulative growth from all the rain we got since the start of the year have resulted in weeds so tall I'm at war with them, they have to go before they dry and become a serious risk. I borrowed a jeep today and spent $65 on a single tractor battery, but it has 425 cranking amps

There are 'things' out there in the weeds I have to spot, cut around, and come back to remove between sessions. These last two days have been tough.

The trac is going to have to have it's wiring modded due to ignition hassles

~I'm indulging in a meat binge tonight, Boneless Pork Loin Cutlets!

Have you ever noticed? 'Stuff' is what we call things that we accumulate over time, but crap is what we call it when we can't find what we are looking for in it...

Old 06-17-2013, 12:22 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
A late but HAPPY Father's Day to all the Dad's

-The Great

Old 06-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Funny - the pose in your avatar reminds me of an instructor I used to know, quote:
"I could be in the desert! or!"
"I could be in the mountains!"
"But instead I choose to be..."
"Here with YOU!!!"

And for each line he did a different body builders pose

Old 06-17-2013, 02:47 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Funny - the pose in your avatar reminds me of an instructor I used to know, quote:
"I could be in the desert! or!"
"I could be in the mountains!"
"But instead I choose to be..."
"Here with YOU!!!"

And for each line he did a different body builders pose
LOL I had just climbed Mt Killington in Vermont and pose with the Mtns in the background. But I do pose like that alot.....

-The Great

Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
It looks like it's just you and me on here now, pal. I'm up because after a pair of power-naps around 9PM, not even re-reading a hundred pages of the last book in the "Eragon" series put me out
Hopefully later today a couple boxes of goodies I ordered online will arrive.

INCLUDING MY TRANNY JACK HEAD!!!

~Now that is a thing I have been drooling in anticipation for...

Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Good morning, everybody! Welcome to the work week. Looks like two early birds couldn't wait to get started....

Old 06-17-2013, 12:38 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
It looks like it's just you and me on here now, pal. I'm up because after a pair of power-naps around 9PM,..........
LOL I was wathching tv about 1030 when a "power nap" snuck up on me for about 45 minutes......then it was 4am before I could fall back asleep

-The Great

Quick Reply: JUNE 2013 "Welcome To Summer" Thread