1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

zf5 to BTS swap complete

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rideracelivemx7
Haha I'm deffinetly doing rods at the same time as the rebuild this time next year and will do the twin at the same time! It's going downnnn
The Apache says your going down. Lol.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 AM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam right from Brian's mouth this will hold 8-900hp no problem. And it sure feels like it LOL I did it and did it right. I'll never have to worry about it again and if it breaks Brian will take care of me like he has others in the past. He told me he's has transmissions hat have gone threw 5-6 guys and they've broke and he's fixed em.
When I get my centurion bronco I will install one of those transmissions.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 AM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
I want to attend that event guys.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
The Apache says your going down. Lol.
Thats what "she "said!

I like the title of the thread. AUTOS FOREVER BABY!!!!

Ill never have a hand shaker thats FOR SURE!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
This will be an epic event that's for sure! For every hp you have more than me ill match with spray LOL we can call diesel power mag when it's going down haha

Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
This will be an epic event that's for sure! For every hp you have more than me ill match with spray LOL we can call diesel power mag when it's going down haha
You better have more than 3 nitrous solenoids if that's the case. If the Riff Raff event was done at a 1/4 mile track I would say let's do the grudge match there when we're both ready. Mine will probably be two years or so.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:43 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
You better have more than 3 nitrous solenoids if that's the case. If the Riff Raff event was done at a 1/4 mile track I would say let's do the grudge match there when we're both ready. Mine will probably be two years or so.

Steve, that was a heck of an undertaking with the whole inside of your truck torn apart. Props to you, I don't know if I would have had the patience to tear the whole dash out. Do I dare ask how long it took? Great job man.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 427 fordman

Steve, that was a heck of an undertaking with the whole inside of your truck torn apart. Props to you, I don't know if I would have had the patience to tear the whole dash out. Do I dare ask how long it took? Great job man.
Sometimes I wonder about Steve's work practices. I sometimes think he doesn't put all the bolts back in or something. He did that over the course of a day or two. I talked to him on the phone one night, then the next day he had the dash out and was getting another in cab harness. LOL Maybe I'm just slow b/c I spend too much time thinking or cleaning or something... haha

Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Sometimes I wonder about Steve's work practices. I sometimes think he doesn't put all the bolts back in or something. He did that over the course of a day or two. I talked to him on the phone one night, then the next day he had the dash out and was getting another in cab harness. LOL Maybe I'm just slow b/c I spend too much time thinking or cleaning or something... haha

LOL! A day or two? No way for me either. IF I would have had the guts to tear into that much wiring, I'd have to take 5000 pictures and mark everything so I knew how to put it back together. I'm sure I could do it, but it would take me forever..

Old 04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
I had the dash out, dash harness swapped, and back in all in a day, by myself, taking my time, with a broken back.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by superduty4x4
I had the dash out, dash harness swapped, and back in all in a day, by myself, taking my time, with a broken back.
I guess maybe its not as hard as I thought it would be.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 427 fordman
I guess maybe its not as hard as I thought it would be.
If Chase can do it, a blind monkey must be able to do it right????

JK Chase!!!! LOL I need to crawl around in my parts truck and start taking the dash out. It's got a grey dash that is actually in pretty nice shape.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
If Chase can do it, a blind monkey must be able to do it right????
Maybe not a blind monkey, but a retarded one for sure!

It's really not that bad of a job once you get all the bolts out, and there are more than you'd think (bolts hidden behind the kick panels). You also have to pull the aluminum support piece out on the driver's side. The worst part for us handshaker owners is working around the shifter to get the dash assembly out. Of course with my turtle shell on I wasn't very flexible and had to be careful about how I lifted things so it was a bit harder.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by superduty4x4
Maybe not a blind monkey, but a retarded one for sure!

It's really not that bad of a job once you get all the bolts out, and there are more than you'd think (bolts hidden behind the kick panels). You also have to pull the aluminum support piece out on the driver's side. The worst part for us handshaker owners is working around the shifter to get the dash assembly out. Of course with my turtle shell on I wasn't very flexible and had to be careful about how I lifted things so it was a bit harder.
I'm trying to think of what I've seen under there that's holding the dash... Obviously you have the screws along the top side of the dash, there's a couple "L" shaped support brackets under the dash, some bolts behind the kick panels. Pull the steering column and pedals... And the aluminum support piece under the driver side... Shouldn't be much more than that besides disconnecting vacuum lines and some electrical stuff right?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I was thinking about sound insulating behind the dash and my nephew said he could have it out in a couple hours. I just gave him one of my dumb looks, LOL I should have taken him up on it.

Quick Reply: zf5 to BTS swap complete