Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Remanufactured 4R100

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 AM
Mark_be
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky
I probably have the spelling wrong, it was to simulate an actual climb called Grossglockner.
The road is in Austria, as Wikipedia told me. It seems like a road I would like to take, once the rebuilding process is done. The spelling is correct, btw!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grossgl...gh_Alpine_Road

Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Mark_be
Junior User
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Mark it looks like your tranny build is coming along nicely. (...) At least run these by your tranny guy and get his thoughts on them. I know they will cost extra but at this point it would be money well spent.
He's doing the full sonnax treatment, on the tranny and on the torque converter, so all sonnax parts mentioned by you are going to be installed. And most importantly to me is that every single thing is going to be replaced, no matter how good it still looks. That's the reason why I mentioned it's going to be "rebuilt to zero miles".

Can't wait to get it back!!!! I wish I had at least SOME patience...

Old 03-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
While waiting for the result of the rebuild, I have another question. (I really can't wait anymore)

When driving in "overdrive off" mode, shouldn't the transmission go from 3rd to 2nd when slowing down? Mine stays in 3rd or starts to coast. Or is this normal for a 2001 4R100?

Before buying my truck, I did a test drive with a 2000 F250 7.3 that was for sale in my country and this one shifted down to 2nd (and 1st?) when in OD off...if I remember correctly, that is...

Thanks for your info,
Mark

Old 03-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Mark_be
Junior User
Anyone?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:26 AM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark_be
Anyone?
I'll try to get out later and find out, I almost never drive with the od off, except highway towing situations, and always click it back before slowing down.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
Thanks!!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by trekbasso
I'll try to get out later and find out, I almost never drive with the od off, except highway towing situations, and always click it back before slowing down.
Finally, an update for you. OD off, stock tunes, could not feel downshift from 3-2. Seemed to coast 'till stopped. Two week old HD4R100, so that sucker better be okay! As far as I remember the old trans was the same way.
The real difference is in 60tow tune, a definite downshift getting off the freeway, from 4-3, but not noticable 3-2. OD normal (on).

Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
Thanks for doing the test. Man, you can't imagine how glad I'll be when I can pick up the truck again... It seems to take 4 ever.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
No problem.
I need to remember what you have to go through (overseas) when I want to whine about delivery here. Has to be so much harder for American parts.
Lucky there is someone who can do these things.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
Has to be so much harder for American parts.
Lucky there is someone who can do these things.
You're right. Many companies don't even ship overseas and if there's something big going on with the truck, there are no experts in 7.3's around here. I previously had the UVCH that came loose and I had to tell the mechanic what was wrong with the truck. Luckily I have this forum, which is a treasure of good info.

Now the truck is gone for the tranny rebuild and I feel very lucky that I found a real expert in this matter over here. I'm very impressed in his knowledge of this and many other transmissions. After all, most of the US trucks around here are the dodge ram's.

The downside of his expertise in this job is that you need LOTS of patience if you want him to do something. Patience is something I have never had...

Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
Still waiting. But there's also a good thing: the truck is going to get a 6.0 cooler anyway instead of tru cool.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
Still waiting. But there's also a good thing: the truck is going to get a 6.0 cooler anyway instead of tru cool.
That is a very good thing. I have to ask, what does deisel cost over there?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
I have to ask, what does deisel cost over there?
The official maximum price is €1.494 per liter today, but I would pay 1.357 at a cheaper local pump. That would be 1.756 USD, for a liter! The USD rate for a gallon would be 6.647 at today's rate. Welcome to tax country...

Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
The official maximum price is €1.494 per liter today, but I would pay 1.357 at a cheaper local pump. That would be 1.756 USD, for a liter! The USD rate for a gallon would be 6.647 at today's rate. Welcome to tax country...
Taxes, or lack of subsidies.But what choice do we have.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Mark_be
Junior User
Friday is my lucky day! Finally.

I went to the shop with the 6.0 transmission cooler that I ordered and helped him to install it. We discovered one pretty remarkable thing at that time... The stock cooler had been bypassed by a previous owner, so I have been driving around without cooling for a year, including driving along some mountain passes.

So basically I'm going to be changing from no cooling to 6.0 cooling. Can't wait until Friday!!

Quick Reply: Remanufactured 4R100