Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Senior User

ccllud is starting off with a positive reputation.
power point

On my Ex, the power point on the dash stays on even after the car turns off. This leaves anything plugged in powered on permanently. Is there a way to have it turn off with the ignition instead of always being hot?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:48 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
Archion.Uberpimp PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
You would have to rewire it to a switched circuit. What do you have plugged into it?
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Senior User

A radar detector and a 7in lilliput monitor for my backup camera. I dont want to drain the battery
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
You may want to look into wiring a power point off of the customer access wire. I believe it is 10 rated and switched.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Senior User

customer access wire?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Posting Guru

ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.
I like having it powered when the cars off because sometimes ill leave my phone charging while I run in the store or something
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 AM
WV Chapter LDR

Do a search for customer access wire in this forum, you should come up with about 4 pages to browse through.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Senior User

precisiontile has a good reputation on FTE.precisiontile has a good reputation on FTE.
Thomas Reynolds
I just posted a link about eliminating/moving the power point, due to installing my monitor where the power point was located. It too a few hours to do with the cutting, fiberglass and making sure that I can remove the monitor in case it fails. Thought I would let you know about the link!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs