Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling - Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 06:33 PM
mcdev
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalling - Help

For some time now my truck has been stalling when I drive it for the first time every day. It will drive fine for a little while and then when I come to a stop sign it will stall. I can start it again, sometimes without a problem, but usually it takes a prolonged turn of the key. It will then run fine until I put it into Drive and then it dies again. This goes on two or three more times. I pulled the computer codes and the one that made the most sense said that the Throttle Position Sensor was at fault. Maybe too much voltage. Any help or suggestions would be great. I just gave the truck a full tune up on Saturday and its still doing this. Thanks guys.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:58 PM
larry derouin
Elder User
Stalling - Help

Test your TPS with a voltmeter. There's a procedure in the FAQ/TECH ARTICLES on this.

If it's out of whack you can adjust it back in spec.

Also take off the Idle Air Control above the throttle body. Clean out the carbon and make sure the pintle is seating correctly. Re-install.

This should help with the stalling and below spec idle.

Larry

Old 08-12-2002, 07:03 PM
Redneckerson
Senior User
Stalling - Help