1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What has this forum become?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Moe, glad to hear your back to work but we do miss you man.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I just want to say, I had no problem with how knuckleduster wanted to build his truck, it's his money. I didn't even care he wanted to put hoosiers on the back. But when someone who has a concern for his safety, and he ignores it and retorts..... well, then that's where I felt like anyone who's put their time in, has been trampled over. And I don't like it.

I'm part of two ratrod clubs, I expect people to want to get creative with their builds, but I also expect everyone to respect another's opinion, when it comes to safety. I'll even mention that 1930Dodge has even, reconsidered his brake system idea, and is looking towards stock replacement parts. Coulda saved him some money and headeaches had he listened the first time around. Maybe even had got the parts from another member had he been nicer about it. maybe not his intention to be the way he acted, but it's how it was perceived. We've all been new at one time. I think I speak for most everyone, that we as enthusiasts just want to see more of these trucks on the road. But not at the expense that anyone, which is 99% of the population, looks at one of these going down the road, and calling the police about an unsafe vehicle. Just my opinion.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by havi
Sad really. I don't know how to put it in words.
Havi- I am sure things have changed since you first started posting. Seeing the number of post you've made I can imagine some of the changes have not been what you may have wanted. As a short timer I look at this forum as a place where you get great help from a number of knowledgeable people that aren't afraid to share their experiences. The majority of the people on here care enough about the sport/hobby to keep coming back to help someone even thou it may be the 100th time the question has been asked/answered. I haven't met anyone in person but a good group of you seem like friends and I would open my house to you and/or help you if I could. This is a great group and I just don't think it is worth letting the few turkeys get you down. I sure hope you continue to help me as I need all of it I can get to finish this build. Dave S Have fun
I hope we meet someday.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
Thanks for all that the 2 of you do for this forum!

I myself have been on the wrong end of the stick getting the beatings on more than one occasion, even though I didnt deserve it LOL!

Thanks again for your work here, it is appreciated
Thanks, it`s a great forum to be involved in.
Originally Posted by homade
Hey Moe, glad to hear your back to work but we do miss you man.
Most of the time I just lurk here in the back ground.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Dave, I'm not leaving. Not even close. You're all stuck with me, lol. yeah, it's evolved over time, as a lot of the early posters have moved on, and the constant addition of the new folks is what keeps this forum going. The number of posts by most, are the first half questions, the second half answers.

I've had time to think about this thread, since last night when I started it, and I am reminded that the forum is in good company.

In the music world, as a long time experienced guitar player, even the new kids will play something that the old guys will hear, and reply, " huh, I never tried it that way." This is what keeps things interesting.... the same applies to automobile

Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Havi- with you being in MN most of the year you CAN'T go anywhere - everything is either 4 feet of snow or just frozen! -- I assume you must be a Vikings fan and being a long time GB Packer fan maybe someday we will see each other at a game -- of course the Pack will prevail!!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
I feel like I'm surrounded by cheeseheads.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by havi
I feel like I'm surrounded by cheeseheads.
Hence the term 'God's Country'

Old 02-06-2013, 04:27 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I myself have been on the wrong end of the stick getting the beatings on more than one occasion, even though I didnt deserve it LOL!

That's funny

Old 02-06-2013, 04:49 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have been here a little while and don't see much that any big forum doesn't suffer from. Young people especially have less and less manners and respect as time goes on and the internet kind of feeds that because there isn't someone there to slap them down for being rude. Not saying all, we have a lot of gracious and polite young members.
I guess I still treat it like a shop scene. The older guys deserve respect just because. And if a youngster comes in running his pie hole, he gets shut down real quick.
I stopped going to "that other" 67-72 forum because the administrator just let the snot nosed kids take over and then only got enough huevos to scold the old timers for not putting up with it and calling him out on it.
It's life, and when the forums get too annoying, it's just time to get off my butt and get out in the garage.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

Much appreciation to the mods. And all BigWinds beatings were earned.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by fatfenders
Much appreciation to the mods. And all BigWinds beatings were earned.
I'm really let down. You guys are slipping!

My post in this thread #60 I did an "edit" and nobody noticed my reason for the edit.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts
The forum is quite mature. Mostly seasoned individuals with lots of knowledge. Lots of new guys, a few gals with the desire to learn, come here for information. There will always be a misfit show up once in a while. Humor can be good in dealing with them. Safety issues should always be questioned.
I think we can agree the search feature on this site leaves a bit to be desired. This could be considered good in that the same questions get asked over and over. A time for the person who has been here a while and learned to step up and answer, be a contributing member. Something additional can normally always be added. Many times there are several correct answers. Also time for some of the more experienced members to sit back and let the new guys talk. It is all about sharing ideas and spreading information.
And BTW, the mods do a great thankless job. Of course their pay is good.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
I consider this my cyber social network. I come by almost everyday and most times someone answers a question before I get to it. Many of us have go through some kind of tough times and the great people on this FTE respond with concern, understanding, help and advice. I know when I was in a bad place, I got a lot of support and I appreciate it.

Moe...so glad to hear you're working. I thought you were off FTE. Glad you're ok,

Sure, some guys like to start trouble and some have over inflated egos, but I just got to another thread. What goes around comes around and I don't want it commin' at me.

One other thing is that I used to get an email when someone replied to a post. Now I don't so it's harder to "say in the conversation"

Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
You gotta be careful about becomng a SEARCH **** too. I see that a lot on other forums. Have to say it nice, and be mindful sometime the noob just wants too introduce himself. He doesn't want to wait 6 months while he thinks up a "Deep Effie Question".

If the answer is three paragraphs long them yeah, tell them to search for a thorough answer they need. If two sentences answers the question and welcomes them, then hey, what is the harm really? This forum would be boring if all we did is search. The answers are truly there for almost everything by now.

Quick Reply: What has this forum become?