Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Ah man, Travis! Sorry for your loss!

Stewart

Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
Gentleman.....I really wish I was going to be able to attend. It's only 2 hours away from me! But earlier this month, my Dad also passed away, and I missed a TON of work. I cannot swing taking anything more off right now. Robin and all of you will be on my mind Saturday.
I can relate. My father passed a few weeks ago as well. 2013 hasn't been very kind to us so far...

Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Donation sent from JL and myself.

For all of us that cannot be there, at 2 pm take a moment of silence and day a prayer for Robin his family friends and loved ones.....I know that I will...

Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well sorry to report we won't be able to make it. Just too much life going on to be able to take the couple days off. I am happy knowing that we all are well represented with the few that can make it. PLEASE give our best to his family. And safe tavels to those driving there. I personally will be sure to remove my hat and say a prayer at 2pm on Saturday. God Bless.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey Guys, Phill here! (Robin's son) Would like to thank everyone for all they have done and said! Everything is confirmed for tomorrow at 2:00. Just read through first couple of pages and then skipped to the last. Hope everything got posted! Sitting at his house now getting some final stuff taken care of! Figured I would post from here not know if I turn his laptop off, if I can get back into it!

Has any plans happened for the dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow! I would love to join both if it works out for me, would love to meet each and everyone on the forum, he spoke so highly of what an awesome group of friend you really were, met a few of you at a couple of the diesel drags at Speedworld!

Again Thanks for the Prayers and Condolences, The Family appreciates it!

See everyone that makes it tomorrow, and to the ones that can't it in understood!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Hey Guys, Phill here! (Robin's son) Would like to thank everyone for all they have done and said! Everything is confirmed for tomorrow at 2:00. Just read through first couple of pages and then skipped to the last. Hope everything got posted! Sitting at his house now getting some final stuff taken care of! Figured I would post from here not know if I turn his laptop off, if I can get back into it!

Has any plans happened for the dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow! I would love to join both if it works out for me, would love to meet each and everyone on the forum, he spoke so highly of what an awesome group of friend you really were, met a few of you at a couple of the diesel drags at Speedworld!

Again Thanks for the Prayers and Condolences, The Family appreciates it!

See everyone that makes it tomorrow, and to the ones that can't it in understood!
Dinner plans are going to be decided by Marv and Neal when they arrive. I might not be able to attend due to yet another loss in our family (my wife's Aunt passed away a few days ago in Tucson...). However, I am 100% on for Breakfast. We are thinking about the Black Bear Restaurant on Bell and 59th Ave (6039 W. Bell Road), unless you know of a better place. Time is yet to be undetermined.

Last I heard, dinner tonight might be at Arribas 79th Ave and Bell (17211 North 79th Ave, Glendale AZ 85308). Again, the time will depend on when the guys arrive. I may be able to make that one....not sure yet, still working on some things on my end but I am trying to free up my schedule so I can attend.

Thank you Phill for the update. Please let me know if you need anything at the last minute.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Sadly, I am not going to make this.

Phil, we met a couple years ago at Speedworld. Your dad was a great guy and a great friend.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Phil, thanks for posting. I am not going to be able to make it either. Our prays from the wife and me have been said and will do again tomorrw at 2:00PM. I to have had some problems so I know how everybudy feels. Robin is a great person, and has a great son as well. God Bless,
Chet

Old 02-01-2013, 05:24 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,697 Likes on 1,136 Posts
sadly I can't make it. I have a contractor scheduled to work on my garage and my wife got put on call for Saturday!
My last house in Glendale is less than 4 blocks from where you guys are meeting!
Phil you and your family are in my prayers, I only got to meet your father one time at the get together in Flagstaff and can say that I am better having met him.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Good to see you post up, Phil.

Originally Posted by Bonanza35
...and will do again tomorrow at 2:00PM.
Just FYI for the guys in California, or the Pacific Time Zone for that matter, Arizona is one hour ahead of us. So 2pm in Arizona is 1pm here.

This website will show you the adjusted time in Arizona based on your location. What Time is it Right Now in Phoenix, Arizona?

Stewart

Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

I really need to move to Az. No time zone changing crap and no over restrictive gun laws.... Thanks for the heads up Stewart.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Arizona or Texas.

Stewart

Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Meh Arizona is closer and has mountains hahha... OK HiJack over...

Phill, Thank you for posting. As you oblivously know your dad was someone very special to us. I encourage you to take the time to look through some of his post's on here and you will see why. The amount of detail, information, and care put into his threads is rarely seen. Not to mention his willingness to help in ANY way possible. I respected your father on soo many levels, words can not describe. I had the pleasure of meeting him on numerous occasions and everytime it was like talking to someone I knew for 20 years. (FYI Im only 28 years old haha). That is just one more thing that made your father an amazing man. You could talk truck with him and just as easily share a personal story or just talk about life. I hope your family can find some comfort in knowing that not only did he effect the lives of everyone he met but also to hundreds that he never did, through this forum. I, for one, hope to leave some kind of possitive impact on this world when I leave it. I know your father left many. And yes to some extent this is 'just a truck forum' and these words may sound a bit crazy coming from a 28 year old guy on the coast of California but that to me also shows a tiny bit of how far your fathers kindness reached and truley affected 'strangers'. I know there is nothing that can be said to make tomorrow (Saturday) any easier but in the long run when you look back I hope these words, and all of the kind words from the people on this truck forum make you all grin just a bit at how great he was. I wish I could have been there tomorrow and I will be praying for you all.
God Bless,
Nolan

Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
firemaster
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been around much, nor am I well known but I have had the pleasure of speaking with him once. This is a sad day for all.
My family extends our condolences. May he rest in peace.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
dn29626
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Am i correct that in about an hour and fifteen minutes, it will be 2PM in Az.?

Quick Reply: PaysonPSD.... Lost a brother today.