6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Edge Products Fined $500,000 For Sale Of DPF Delete Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:23 PM
RTRF350
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion, the EPA is the first government agency that needs to be cut in order to get this country out of the deficit that we are in. Then maybe they can go find them a real job and do something useful for the economy.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Originally Posted by RTRF350
In my opinion, the EPA is the first government agency that needs to be cut in order to get this country out of the deficit that we are in. Then maybe they can go find them a real job and do something useful for the economy.
Are you kidding me..another job messing with the economy? They should be banned from touching any of it

Old 01-21-2013, 03:08 PM
weyland426
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was a member of a delegation that went to DC a few years ago to protest the ridiculous EPA regs on coal-fire electricity generation facilities. We spent three days visiting senators and reps telling them to pass the laws based upon fact and not let non-elected ultra liberal bureaucrats make the rules. I visited the newest, most technologically advanced coal facility in the nation(at the time) and saw less soot coming from the tower than I see from the local farm boys mopar stacks...yet it still wouldn't pass the proposed regs. Guess everyone want wind energy pretty bad and coal is standing in the way of that. Common sense ain't so common anymore, boys.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weyland426
Common sense ain't so common anymore, boys.
That seems to be the problem with most things these days, what is this world coming too? I fear the worst for my children and future generations!!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
I honestly think the EPA wanted to get diesels modified to keep the regulated gasser owners from seeing soot and thinking it was some sort of big problem. problem is like every thing else they are doing they went way overboard. My observation on many many occasions has been that the new diesels without the DPF make very little smoke when driven senseably. When the EPA first began it was a pretty good idea and they did some good work but now the EPA is way too powerful and out of control. They no longer have a real mission and to survive they must continue to pick the fly crap out of pepper. And given what happened in the most recent election there are enough believers now that they may continue to exsist until the republic crashes. Next year trucks like ours are going on a diet, where will it end. Who knows? But the furture does not look good for big fifth wheels and the trucks that can pull them.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by ETKMS
Although I find this crazy, especially since my truck is tuned, why is it just Edge? and not anyone else?
Edge is just the first. It was a couple years ago that Edge was first hit by the EPA and stopped selling the race tuners. It just took this long to work out the fines and penalties. SCT will be the next one hit as they were stopped from selling race tuners at the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012. After that we should see H&S get hit. Probably before either of them get hit with the fines though we will hear that the EPA goes after Spartan and their race tuners.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
How is that different then how they currently sell them?
Now you have to get EPA approval to qualify for accessing the Race Tuner capabilities. Previously, all you had to do was sign a piece of paper saying you wouldn;t use it on the road. unfortunately, too many people had their fingers crossed when the did that. Now you have to prove to the EPA that the vehicle won't be used on the road. Special paperwork from DMVs stating the vehicle can't be licensed for road use. Paperwork stating that your country doesn't have emissions requirements like ours. etc..

Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 AM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
Yeah, but what does that do? What does a tuner do with a DPF on? I don't see the advantage of it.
It's all about efficiency. Most tunes are written to produce power which is why we are in the boat we are. If hte tunes had been written with efficiency in mind they would still produce power as a result but would in the long run be more efficient in the way it uses the fuel. As a result, less soot going through the DPF and clogging it up.

This is what Banks did.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
H&S is next. They quit making DPF off tuners about a month and a half ago "after discussions with federal agencies". Like somebody above said they will get to all of them and maybe some of us before it's over. I was a 40 year fed and this government is way more active in almost all areas than any others I remember. All agencies seem to be on a rampage and the EPA is no exception.
Actually, most likely SCT will be hit next with the fine. They were stopped from selling them around the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012. Edge was stopped a couple years ago, they just now finalized the fines and sanctions for them. I imagine the same wil lbe for SCT and then H&S. We probably will hear about Spartan being stopped sometime this year.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
I perdicted a month or so ago that someone would move their operation overseas and build tuners there. Selling over the internet from overseas I don't know if the EPA could get to them or not. Best deal for 6.4L owners would be for them to declare a "war on tuners" like the war on drugs, then they would be plentiful and cheap. Cee y'all
Most likely they would be stopped by customs I imagine.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
Gale Banks saw this day coming a looooong time ago. He was smart to pursue a clean tune that wouldn't kill the dpf, yet provide improved performance.
However, it wasn't too long ago that Banks entertained releasing a Race Tuner. They even had an add in 8Lug just before Edge was stopped by the EPA. They nixed the idea then.