1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

WAY OT, storage wars rigged...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 AM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 630 Likes on 334 Posts
Originally Posted by 19fifty4
Ax, you got the formula down to a science.
Yep, I'll subscribe to that program. Sounds like it will be well-produced and more educational than most of the chit on TV.

Perhaps one entire episode can be of a worker installing something out of order. The whole crew realizes it but lets him continue...just to watch the look on his face as he realizes two hours later that everything he's done has to come back off. The camera occasionally pans over to the part lying on the floor that must be put on first, then back to the worker who is oblivious. To keep it interesting.....after awhile the part in question is placed down the blouse of the gal with tight shorts with just a bit of it showing. This is to give the worker a chance to realize his mistake earlier. A true test of his ability to focus while wrenching.

Now that would be REALITY TV.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:32 AM
qmanconfused
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey ax and everyone else.....some time ago, when i was in college, late 60's, i got "turned on" to a guy, an author or futurest or what ever he thought he was, that stated, tv was the "hottest" medium to ever hit the human race. i think his name was marshal mc quin. he was right, what a vehicle to educate the masses, about history, archiolgy, math, ford unibody trucks, u name it!!!!

LOOK WHAT WE'VE DONE WITH IT!!

i DO know that ax cud learn something from one of those fishin' shows

q in'cuse(:

Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 AM
ChuckRob
Elder User
The sad thing is that our kids are watching this garbage. Turn on the TV and what do you see, stupid people, murder, terrioists and people with zero morals. This is what are kids are thinking is the new normal, it's pretty sad. I think that turning off the TV and spending the afternoon working on the 48 is just a better place to be.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 617 Likes on 383 Posts
This is why I only watch the Turtle Man, cuz it's LIVE ACTION!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 133 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
This is why I only watch the Turtle Man, cuz it's LIVE ACTION!
LOL. Easy there wild man! I don't want to burst your bubble, but I've heard plenty of stories about the fact that Animal Planet plants those turtles in the ponds before the show. And I also heard those women who were competing for a date with him were actually Animal Planet employees.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
qmanconfused
Senior User
o.k. the turtle man is cool but they've ruined him already. who r these malcontents that sit in a room making up the next episode. do they have children?....and families?.... of course they do....making millions. my kids are grown but they didn't sit in front of the boob tube hour after hour gawking at the screen. they road bikes, played softball, and learned how to play an instrument, i didn't have to PUSH them into it...they asked for it and i was LISTENING.........which leads me to this

my finest acheivement concerning my kids is this....all three girls got full 4 year scholarships to IVY LEAGUE universities. no, i didn't do it for them but every time a door opened i was there to show them how to get to the other side. great academics and something more got them there. the something more wasn't gawking at the t.v.

so, if you guys have kids and most do. get on the bike, pick up the bat and ball or grab that old guitar out of the closet and have some fun. thats how we can get thru.

god, that sounds like preaching to me. back out to the barn & measure up that tranny cross member

q in 'cuse

Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 617 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
... I also heard those women who were competing for a date with him were actually Animal Planet employees.
I sincerely hope they were getting paid to do it!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doc- Most of these channels only have 10-20 employees and use contractors to do the actual work- contract is for length of the series -no benefits- if it is renewed you may not get the renewal contract if they can hire someone cheaper -also gives them a layer of protection against law suits- My daughter worked as a contractor for Discovery and Natl Geo for 5-6 years then was hired to helped start the Smithsonian channel- one of 6 staffers they had. Most of these channels will even ise Wikipedia as a valid source as does the major networks now. NG & Smithsonian are 2 of the few that actually have a facts and practices policy and will not use Wikipedia, all shows must have sign offs for anyone in a show and do background checking to be sure they are not putting out false info. Discovery does not have that in place. So if you want real reality shows watch NG or Smithsonian but forget the rest. dave s

Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
Doc- Most of these channels only have 10-20 employees and use contractors to do the actual work- contract is for length of the series -no benefits- if it is renewed you may not get the renewal contract if they can hire someone cheaper -also gives them a layer of protection against law suits- My daughter worked as a contractor for Discovery and Natl Geo for 5-6 years then was hired to helped start the Smithsonian channel- one of 6 staffers they had. Most of these channels will even ise Wikipedia as a valid source as does the major networks now. NG & Smithsonian are 2 of the few that actually have a facts and practices policy and will not use Wikipedia, all shows must have sign offs for anyone in a show and do background checking to be sure they are not putting out false info. Discovery does not have that in place. So if you want real reality shows watch NG or Smithsonian but forget the rest. dave s
That's probably true, but I sure get tired of watching show after show about people stocking away enough supplies to support a small 3rd world country because they are sure the world is suddenly going to collapse in anarchy, the 4 horsemen are going to appear, or the Mayans were right and the world IS going to end in 4 days (rather than deciding that a few thousand years ahead was all the room they had on the calendar stone and/or by then people might want a new one with a different picture to hang on their wall. ), Alaskan troopers riding around in the snow and arresting drunken eskimos or chasing moose off the highway (wait, that I might watch!), or Mexican drug cartels trying to annihilate each other. I know THAT is reality, but way too repetitious to be entertainment, and some paranoid people are going to think those ten zealot survivalists they filmed are actually many in number but the rest didn't want to give away their plans and location on TV, and might know something they don't.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ax you hit the nail on the head- but isn't all TV (in the words of Yogi B) de ja vue all over again! and is any of it really worth watching. What is out there that has not been over done already? An FTE show would never get off the ground as the advertisers would say-- how to we exploit something like that???

Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
qmanconfused
Senior User
wow ax ,u sure do watch a lot of tv......but i didn't see any fishin shows
q

Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm retired, and broke, so what else do I have to do (besides post here)?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM
qmanconfused
Senior User
you cud come to ny and help me put my 54 together......i've got 2 yes 2 flat screen tv's!!!! and we can fish off my dock!!

q

Old 12-17-2012, 12:49 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 257 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by AXracer
, so what else do I have to do (besides post here)?
You could begin planning to attend Truckstock 2013

Old 12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
qmanconfused
Senior User
wait a minute ray ..i spoke first...i get the old cogger first!!!!

Quick Reply: WAY OT, storage wars rigged...