Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Newtown CT School Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM
fordtruck661
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newtown CT School Shooting

Yes I know this is off topic but I thought Since everyone else is talking about it and the whole world has stooped in sympathy. I just wanted to say a few words. My prayers go out to all the families that have been affected by this true tragedy. and to the man who did this Well I hope this is what you wanted you scumbag. Everyone knows your name and everyone around the world knows what you have done.

Everyone stay safe around this holiday season and god bless

Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got done watching it on the news, and it make me sick to think what those poor kids went thru. and what they will have to deal with for a long time to come.

My <NOBR>prayers</NOBR> go out to all the families that have been affected.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is what I posted on FB about it and so i shall post it here too...

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
I have waited numerous hours after today’s tragic event in Ct. to post anything. My post this morning would have been one of anger and hatred and that helps no one heal. So now I post with logic and hopefully some helpful words. <o></o>
There are no words to explain the sorrow that is felt in any tragedy, especially one involving numerous children and so close to Christmas... Regardless of mental status, creed, color, or family involvement I find this a time for us to realize that it is not about a guy with a gun. This is about THOSE responsible for whatever caused him to pursue this horrible action. I hope and pray that perhaps people look at how they raise their kids, what their kids are learning, either after school or in other activities. I am not blaming ANYONE for his actions just trying to take the opportunity to look at what society is breeding. As the old saying goes 'guns don't kill people, people kill people' but here’s another one that I think goes hand in hand, People create the people that kill people. And WE as a society CAN prevent these monsters from doing these things. But it starts at the age of those poor children that we lost today. <o></o>
Again my heart cries out for everyone involved in today’s tragic event, the families of the children and faculty, and also for the first responders. I will be praying for you all.<o></o>
Anyone that cares to comment on my post in a negative way, go ahead it IS a free country but I ask for those that agree please share these words and maybe, just maybe people will open their eyes. <o></o>
Sincerely,<o></o>
Nolan <o></o>

Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 PM
honeydew
Posting Guru

Very well stated Nolan.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 PM
uncle_jessie
Senior User
X2 Nolan, Very well said. My thoughts and Prayers are with the families.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Biscayne
Senior User
I actually like it when people talk only of the emotion involved and the focus we need to take to correct the cause and very little of the event or the individual that violated so many. I feel as if every time the media gives more attention to the horrific event, it pumps up another wacko to repeat the crime to get the same attention.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:49 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Thank you Travis and Jessie

Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 AM
1WildPig
Senior User
X 3 Nolan...

Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 AM
twg1966
Trying to Gain Knowledge

Very well stated! We all need to take a deep look at our beliefs and those we pass to our children and grandchildren. Need to get back to values we were given by our parents and grandparents. It is a shame that things like this happen when we all could teach our children the correct way to approach differences of opinion or conflict.

I pray that we as a society wake up and see that it is not too late to make changes to the way we treat our fellow man. This website contains a wonderful collection of individuals who already believe what I have said, but we are not the majority of the responsible individuals that make the decisions in the various daily activities that go on everyday.

Just keep praying that the senseless acts that have transpired over the past few months decline and not increase.

May The Lord look over the families and friends who were affected by this horrible tragedy. The poor innocence that has been lost and will never be regained is the biggest tragedy. Be with those children and parents as they deal with the great loss of a friend, a brother, or a sister. Or the children who might have lost a parent, please provide them with comfort in this time of a struggle to understand.

Amen.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Thanks guys... I appreciate the support

Old 12-16-2012, 11:58 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
This event is simply horrific. There really are no words to accurately describe the immense feelings this invokes. The media has done a HORRIBLE job on how they handled this, but it just goes to show what our society has become.

One of the saddest things you will ever see

Not only that, they are scouring to get a hold of the cctv footage. I seriously hope that never gets out!!!!!! but unfortunately columbine did......

my heart heart goes out to everyone

Old 12-16-2012, 02:57 PM
pin8246
Elder User
This is very sad, and my prayers go out to the families. You have all these people pointing finger at gun control and what not. But from my perspective on this and others in the past, it's not the gun control, parents, etc to blame. The media is the one I would have to blame. They show it all, and nothing really of the victims. Who actually knows there names? I don't, but because of the media anyone and everyone knows his. I mean a kid that was prob going to off himself in a basement somewhere sees the news and say wow he's famous after that. Giving all this fame to this kid is just going to bring about another instance like it. So instead of dying like the pathetic ******* he is, alone, he has to try to top whoever he saw do it before so he can go out everyone knowing his name.

And you every think why us older guys, or parents, grand parents , didn't have this problem? Prob because back in the good days we could punish our kids without the police getting involved and getting arrested . Oh yes hunny, I know our son tortured and set a dog on fire, but let's don't address the issue, let's just cuddle him and hope he see's his errors in his ways. Really, come on.

Just my rant for the day.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Absolutely disgusting. He shot every child twice. If you got issues with living then take your own damn life FIRST. Why hurt anyone else, especially children..??

And I hate to say it but it's only getting worse and more heinous as this now proves.

Just sick to my stomach.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:39 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Our hearts and prayers are with everyone in Newtown, Ct. We are still in disbelief when they play the news coverage. Our prayer is that this town find comfort and peace. They may never know why this madman did this. All we can do is to continue to pray for them all during the days that follow.

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 PM
stinson 108-1
stinson 108-1
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a news watcher ,but haven't watched in two days. I was a cop, and spent years on an Army SF team, I've seen a lot, but my brain can't process this.

Quick Reply: Newtown CT School Shooting