1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Nice '67 Ca Cowboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
53flathead
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice '67 Ca Cowboy

Made it to PF F-100 Nat's & old California Cowboy has one nice truck. Sorry I did'nt get to meet you there cowboy, I was on that side of the road about noon on sat when the rain hit. I hung around and checked your truck out, and that is one fine specimen of '67. Why did they have you parked over there? Maybe next year.

Old 05-21-2003, 12:07 PM
CACWBY
Elder User
Nice '67 Ca Cowboy

Thanks for checking it out. I got there Thurs. 5:00 PM, and everything was already filled up in front of Grand Resort, that night I might've gotten better parking, but I drove it down so chose to drive to my motel (Down by Dollywood entrance) so I could get truck good and cleaned up Friday AM, and by then all the good parking was again taken, and wasn't any better (actually worse ) on Sat. There were over 1600 trucks, with Good Show Parking for about half that, so everything else was catch as catch can. Many people got there 5/10-11 to stake out good spots. But, hey it was my first time there, and I Had A Ball, and it was my trucks first show ever and it got a Trophy!!!! And I got to drive it there and back. The Truck of Year for my class (and I think others as well) was trailered (and a short bed), nice truck though, and he taught me a few things about what it takes. So who knows, if I want it bad enough, maybe I'll kick it up a notch, and ... next year.

P.S. My truck loves its new AOD tranny-it cruises at 2300 RPM at 75 mph and thinks it's a 747.

Old 05-22-2003, 10:07 PM
53flathead
Junior User
Nice '67 Ca Cowboy

I think I took a pic of almost every 67-72 truck there, which one was tops in this class? There was a red 68 (?) trailered in, and set up on carpet w/ mirrors & the whole bit. More chrome on the bottom than on top. VERY Nice truck I must say, but............. everyone has their opinion on trailer only trucks.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:47 AM
rebelchic
New User
Nice '67 Ca Cowboy

Hey there cowboy Glad I got to meet up with you at the show.... some of the guys in my chapter were looking for you, but seems like I was one of the last to track you down! Good to hear the truck got you back in one piece....seeing it inspired me to go home that night and start to rip apart the Tank.

I have to ask... what did you get the trophy in? And congrats!!

~ lora

Old 05-23-2003, 12:32 PM
CACWBY
Elder User
Nice '67 Ca Cowboy

Yeah 53 Flat-the red one with the mirrors under it got Truck Of Year for the 67-72 class. He was working harder for it and had been there before I knew more about what it takes (one of judges is from ICSA), but he had good things to say about mine. Like you I am not much into Trailers (truth be told I'm lousy at backing them up).
And yeah rebchic-it was great meeting you- I felt bad that we kind of drifted off, I didn't even get your name. I got one of 10 Trophies for custom 67-72. I wish you the best with your Project
(and just remember that "Life is a winding staircase best taken one step at a time.") I'm 55 and this is first time I've ever had the money to have a vehicle totally done over from top to bottom, but I've always done something to them- aftermarket wheels, a little engine stuff, and have always enjoyed putting my personality into it somehow. (My first VW Bug, I turned the wheels inside out and painted them silver, and spent one entire weekend painting a mural on the glovebox door-couldn't figure out how to do even the simplest things to the engine-but it looked different. Many VW's later I could take the engine out with a skateboard, and had one of the hottest single ports in Long Beach). Take Care all-

Old 05-23-2003, 12:35 PM
CACWBY
Elder User
Nice '67 Ca Cowboy

Yeah 53 Flat-the red one with the mirrors under it got Truck Of Year for the 67-72 class. He was working harder for it and had been there before & knew more about what it takes (one of judges is from ICSA), but he had good things to say about mine. Like you I am not much into Trailers (truth be told I'm lousy at backing them up).
And yeah rebchic-it was great meeting you- I felt bad that we kind of drifted off, I didn't even get your name. I got one of 10 Trophies for custom 67-72. I wish you the best with your Project
(and just remember that "Life is a winding staircase best taken one step at a time.") I'm 55 and this is first time I've ever had the money to have a vehicle totally done over from top to bottom, but I've always done something to them- aftermarket wheels, a little engine stuff, and have always enjoyed putting my personality into it somehow. (My first VW Bug, I turned the wheels inside out and painted them silver, and spent one entire weekend painting a mural on the glovebox door-couldn't figure out how to do even the simplest things to the engine-but it looked different. Many VW's later I could take the engine out with a skateboard, and had one of the hottest single ports in Long Beach). Take Care all-