6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Use of courtesy time out

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:28 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandguy
My single alt. 14 has them.
Thanks for the reply. It was just a shot in the dark as to why mine doesn't

Old 02-20-2017, 08:37 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
This is the driver's side frame rail from under left rear door pointing backwards. I see nothing.
Name:  IMG_20170220_212330527_zpssukb3ehq.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  4.75 MB
Name:  IMG_20170220_212339210_zpsljkoci7i.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  4.75 MB

Old 02-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Monty - my truck is(was) a 2015 with single alternator and as I recall, the connector was gray and on the inside/top of the frame rail. I don't have a pic - sorry..

Old 02-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
My 2013 lariat with a single alternator. Don't know why so blurry but I believe this is the missing connector?

Road salt sucks by the way!

Old 02-21-2017, 05:19 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Yep, that's it Scott. I'm missing those.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Weird Monty. Are they possibly tucked back in along the harness inside the framerail? Our trucks are so similar but yet i can clearly see where the connector is missing in your pic vs mine.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:03 AM
tracyclifton
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If nothing else comes up today I plan to install these.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Weird Monty. Are they possibly tucked back in along the harness inside the framerail? Our trucks are so similar but yet i can clearly see where the connector is missing in your pic vs mine.
I've been all under the truck and a friend's truck that does have them and mine are simply not there. I'm going to go by the dealership next week to see if they could be added and if so what cost. Most than likely I will tap into the wire under the door sill and run it to a relay to power the lights. Just may take me a while as I injured my back again yesterday at work. Not as bad this time, just gonna keep it slow for a bit.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:12 AM
tracyclifton
Elder User
Well I hope you get better. This is a crappy time of year to have back problems. I checked for mine while I was running the wires for the bed lights and I have them. I ordered 2 sets of lights because I couldn't see whether or not each set had wires on both ends. I'm glad I did because they only have wires on one end. I may try to loop each set back for twice the light somehow. Each set is 5m so I have twice as much as need. Once I get this done I think I am mounting some LEDs under the rear bumper for extra reverse lighting. I haven't decided how I'm wiring them yet. I'm thinking from the upfitters because I already have the wire running from the engine to the bed to connect to. Then again I may just connect that wire to the battery and switch them from the bed of the truck so they are hot all the time. Or maybe I will add two sets and do one set each way.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:10 PM
tracyclifton
Elder User
All done. The connectors I purchased on ebay weren't that great. I had to bend the metal connectors toward the center a little to get a good connection. They also did not clip into the female connector at all like the dummy ones I pulled out. Other than that not too bad.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 AM
cangim
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tracyclifton
Well I hope you get better. This is a crappy time of year to have back problems. I checked for mine while I was running the wires for the bed lights and I have them. I ordered 2 sets of lights because I couldn't see whether or not each set had wires on both ends. I'm glad I did because they only have wires on one end. I may try to loop each set back for twice the light somehow. Each set is 5m so I have twice as much as need. Once I get this done I think I am mounting some LEDs under the rear bumper for extra reverse lighting. I haven't decided how I'm wiring them yet. I'm thinking from the upfitters because I already have the wire running from the engine to the bed to connect to. Then again I may just connect that wire to the battery and switch them from the bed of the truck so they are hot all the time. Or maybe I will add two sets and do one set each way.
I added two 18W leds off of the hitch frame couple holes that were symmetrical made it easy. For turning them on and off I have both reverse functionality with the center pin on trailer connector tapped, and use the upfittter along with fuse tap on the relay to provide power. Had to alter the fuse tap some to make a nice fit but end state works well.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:39 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Nice work guys, nice work!

Old 02-28-2017, 10:18 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has done this on a 17 yet?
I would like to do it on the Raptor and if the new 17 SD has the wiring, odds are that the F150/Raptor will too!

Old 03-01-2017, 12:40 PM
NWRVR
Junior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tracyclifton
You can find LED end connectors on Amazon and cut your LED strip at the marked spots (minimum of three lights) and clamp the end in the connector.

Description

The 2-pin connectors we offer make it possible to connect single color LED flex strips without having to solder. The design of the these gapless connectors includes channels that allow 10mm wide LED strips to slide into the connector and underneath the 2-pin connections (shown in the image to the right). The clamp covering the connection needs to be opened and after the strip has been inserted the clamp can be closed firmly to hold the wires in place. A full explanation of these connector clips and how to properly use them is available on this post: LED Strip Connectors - 2 Pin & 4 Pin: Quick & Easy Alternative to Soldering.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:37 PM
tracyclifton
Elder User
I tired some of those when I did my RGB on the 5th wheel. I couldn't get them to work too well. I just used one reel under each side of the truck and it worked fine. I only paid $10.85 for both reels including shipping so it didn't hurt too bad to cut them in half. The connectors were less than $6. So for about $17 bucks plus a little black tape and a few connectors I'm real happy. I ordered the reverse lights today so that's next on the list.

Quick Reply: Use of courtesy time out