General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Badmouthing Fords

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 01:08 AM
1947 FORD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Badmouthing Fords

It seems to me that there are a few Chevy lover Ford haters who get their thrills by getting on a Ford site and bad mouthing Fords. I myself prefer Chevys, but do own a couple of Fords. One is a 1987 Ranger with over 280000 miles on its original engine that has beed ridden hard and put away wet & never had a problem with it until the starter went out of it so I parked it for the winter. I couldn't get it started this spring, but I didn't try too hard yet. I mainly got on this site to find some information on my 1947 Ford truck. Ford, Chevy,& Dodge all have their good & their bad. If the big 3 would combine their good and get rid of their bad there would be no more Ford vs Chevy: until then if you hate Ford so much why don't you go to a Chevy site where they agree with you and let the Ford guys (and girls) do their thing? Maybe these guys will convert me to a Ford fanatic, but I doubt it. I am not a Ford hater just prefer Chevy. By the way the Chevy site is www.chevytalk.com I found it through this site just tonight. These guys think that all Chevy guys are ignorant, rude & uneducated. Don't prove them right & don't be inconsiderate on their own site! This is coming from a Chevy lover

Last edited by 1947 FORD; 05-16-2003 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:02 AM
pat67shorty
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Badmouthing Fords

Agreed. If you have nothing better to do than go and rile other people up just to make your self feel good, then ask yourself, why do I have all of this extra time? Perhaps it's because I have no friends, since no one can stand to be around me, since I constantly berate and put them down. I dislike Gm products for various reasons, the basic engineering of them being the main one. I prefer Ford products, but I also like others. I do not hide behind my computer to simply insult and stir up the pot. I present actual facts in an discussion, not just a "Chevy sucks." If you have constructive critsisim to offer, by all means. If you are here to simply flame, I suggest you go find a forum with others of your kind. It is not here.

Old 05-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Colossus
Posting Guru
Badmouthing Fords

I am not out to badmouth the big three or any other car manufacturer for that matter. There are good trucks and bad trucks - the manufacturer doesn't matter to me. I just want real data, something I can work with, not needless ranting on how chevy's rust or fords being found on road dead.

Old 05-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Dan76'F100
Junior User
Badmouthing Fords

I'd like to think about it this way...
If you like ford's, stay with ford...
If you like chevy, stay with chevy...
That is why they make diffrent kinds of cars and trucks, so people have a choice, to get exactly what they want.
It's about personal preference, not what someone else wants.
After all your paying for it, right?
You have that right to get the truck of your choice, but you don't have the right to bad mouth someone else's choice, because they did'nt get what you wanted.
If you want to bad mouth fords stay on the chevy site.
I'm glad we have great moderators on this site to keep all that crap off of here
Anyone else share my feelings?

Old 05-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Jim242002
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Badmouthing Fords

Well put Dan76'F100

Old 05-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Colossus
Posting Guru
Badmouthing Fords

RIGHT ON!

Old 05-17-2003, 11:31 PM
4ords4ever
New User
Badmouthing Fords

fords r the best & always will be.

a rock = sits there

Old 05-18-2003, 11:13 PM
dilas
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Badmouthing Fords

Competition is healthy for economy, if it wasn't for Chevy or Dodge, would our Ford trucks be that good? I don't think so. Competition helps the manufacturer to work harder and create better vehicle. I prefer Ford trucks as I had better experience with them than others. That doesn't mean that I'm a chevy hater, nor a dodge. I'm willing to invest my hard earned money on a better pickup which is a Ford IMHO.

Old 05-19-2003, 04:00 AM
Ironbelly
Senior User
Badmouthing Fords

I find it impossible to 'bash' any motor company's lable. All of the big 3 produce V-8 power. U S horsepower. And , through the years, they have all made vehicles that look awesome, especialy the vintage years.
I can't do without my F-250, but I will not neglect my '36 stovebolt.

Old 05-19-2003, 04:52 AM
TrukMan
New User
Badmouthing Fords

Well for years I have been a chevyman. Most recent was an 03 2500 deisel. By far I am not a chevy hater but I have noticed through the years that the chevy manufacturing has fallen drastically. It is not built solid anymore. I have always liked ford trucks even though I drove chevys. I had an 01 F-150 and never had a lick of problems with it. With my 03 chevy I had it in the shop 8 times in 3 months. Needless to say the Chevy is gone now and I have an 03 expedition EB version. I only have a few hundred miles on it but already I can see the difference in workmanship. So bashing is not the answer, if chevy wants a good truck then they need to take the time and build one right. In the mean time I will buy ford trucks because they are built tuff.

Just my experiences and opinions.....LOL

Old 05-19-2003, 05:54 AM
pat67shorty
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Badmouthing Fords

Welcome to the world of build quality. It's nice for a change, huh? All of the Ford products I have owned so far have not had the squeaks and interior rattles that many of my freinds GM products have. But when looking at all new vehicles, they really don't build em' like they used too.

Old 05-19-2003, 07:37 AM
ktmguy70
Elder User
Badmouthing Fords

Sorry to Chime in AGAIN..
BUT I have had 3 fords and 2, including curent one, Expedition that I cant get out from underneath have been total disasters,
Oh well Live and Learn.. My quality Ford Product has dropped a tranny, had the transfer case Rebuilt, Tie rod ends, Oil Leak, And those fabulous Airvents in the back on the roof that just keep falling on passengers laps, Cold Start Problems, weak Air conditioning..Rattles galore

BUT.. I like the way it looks and drives!

Ron expedition XLT 4.6

Old 05-19-2003, 09:45 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 342 Likes on 208 Posts
Badmouthing Fords

Before I sold the '94 GT I used to hang out around the Mustang forums. It's amazing how much more mature people here at FTE are. Over in the Mustang forums, people were arguing and fighting more than they were offering advice or helping solve problems. You see that here from time to time, but not nearly as often. It's a real joy to be a part of the forums here at FTE. Lots of valuable information comes from here!

Old 05-22-2003, 05:05 AM
Aten
New User
Badmouthing Fords

Originally posted by TrukMan
Well for years I have been a chevyman. Most recent was an 03 2500 deisel. By far I am not a chevy hater but I have noticed through the years that the chevy manufacturing has fallen drastically. It is not built solid anymore. I have always liked ford trucks even though I drove chevys. I. With my 03 chevy I had it in the shop 8 times in 3 months. Needless to say the Chevy is gone now and I have an 03 expedition EB version.

ROTFLMFAO those friggin aluminum heads, what will the chevy engineers special ed class of 1999 come up with next!!!

Old 05-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Berlinetta00
Junior User
Badmouthing Fords

Amen to the tidbit about chevy engineering- the only quality product to come off the line since 92 was the Z06 and the '02 Camaro SS. The overall quality has taken a step for the worst. There is nothing I hate more than a chevy V-6 (aside from the chrysler 3.0-3.3-3.5-3.8 v6 series, head knock galore). My buddy just bought a newer ford last week, a '95 F-250 4x4, after we had test drove chevys and dodge trucks just about everywhere in the state. The solidness of the construction and the reverance towards earlier fords (almost identical to the rear suspention in my '79 F-250) made this truck a winner. For 8,000, it was a great deal. The thing only had 100,000 miles on it, and had a 2 inch lift, BFG's, KC day lighters, and lots of other goodies too. The best part was there wasn't a scratch on it. Enough raving about trucks, time for work....

Quick Reply: Badmouthing Fords