Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

8 Vehicles 1 build thread! (Pics for sure)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:58 AM
88dually
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have a code scanner to pull the codes ?

Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes I do and I got the codes on it.

Yesterday started working on the explorer again. First tried relays and no go. Then replaced the inertia switch with the one from the parts truck. No go. So I put my reader on and it said fuel pump. Tried starting it while bangin on the tank and still no go. Put the reader back on and said fuel pump. I finally gave up and dropped the tank and took just the pump not the sending unit from the parts truck and put it on which was brand new according to my buddies mechanic. So I put it the tank back in and fired her up. SHE's ALIVE without needing help to get started. YA!
So it was late while doing all this but I didn't give a damn I spent a week and a half trying to get this thing together so I put the skid plate back on put the wheel back on and put her on all 4s and pulled her out front. Topped off a couple fluids (ATF and powersteering) and my dad took her for a drive (I couldn't drive last night). Sure enough drove great.
Transmission shifted hard at first going into gear but not bad. We didn't get it up fast enough to change gears. I am guessing it needs the joints greased. Tested 4x4 and low range both work great (first time using push button).
So we parked her out front last night and going to address a few things today hopefully and I hopefully will take her for a drive.
Trav

Old 04-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like your brothers new truck. Love extended cabs. Keep us updated!

I think you've got me beat at ten vehicles though

Old 04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Thanks man my brother loves it a ton.

Got a couple of updates.
On the 94 Explorer: replaced spark plugs, oil and filter, air filter, wipers, and working on trans fluid and filter. Added some Michelin rubber floor mats and waxed her and painted the area around the windows black. Had to stop driving her as I found out I put the wrong trans fluid in.

Brought home hopefully our last vehicle. Going to be my brother's truck instead of him having the Bronco 2.
Specs:
1996 Ford Ranger 2wd extended cab was a 4 banger stick shift green with quite a few dents.
Problems:
no engine, tailgate is from a mazda but I don't care, a few dents throughout it but nothing I can't take care of, interior is trashed, and probably more.
Good: has a tittle and was only $250.
Plan:
put the body on the parts truck chassis since it is the same cab style. Fix it up a bit then start modifying it.
Using the parts truck interior also.
I already picked up a right tail light for it but right now waiting to do the body swap before any more work.
Will get pics up another day.
Trav

Old 05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well got some updates for you guys.

On the 94 explorer: I got the trans filter in along with correct fluid. Went driving down the road and it turns out my brother didn't put the correct driveshaft bolts in and 1 fell out and 3 were hand tight! I picked up some bolts to get me home and she drove great. I had a small radiator leak and found out where that was. Turns out one of the lines weren't tightened we tightened it and called it good.

Problems with the 94 Explorer still: power steering leaks like crazy, pulls to the left like crazy, tires still suck but get me by for now, and door handles still. Other then that she has a lot of power for a 4.0L v6.

Now the 02 F250: Didn't do much but did get her Dynoed. Man that was fun. Ratings: 420 Ftlbs of torque and 230hp. Here is the thing though she kept slipping and doing burnouts on the dyno. LOL The dyno guys told me they think if I didn't slip (had better tires) I would have had 450+ torque and 300+ hp. I was glad to hear that as she has been a great truck for us. We hope to get better tires and go again next year. At the dyno they gave us a barbwire license plate surround and I ended up putting it on the rear of the 02 to get rid of the dealers one.

On the 07 Harley we fired her up and took her for a ride and it seems like getting her moving again is making her ride much better.

On the Chevy van we replaced the tail lights and side marker lights with some we got at the junkyard. Also won't be trading the van.

On the 84 Bronco 2 the battery finally took a dump I think as she won't start. Going to buy a new battery for the explorer and drop the old on into her. Also replaced the starter solenoid with the correct one from the ranger.

On my 88 F150: I got a rear bumper and painted it aluminum color to match the chrome front bumper till I can find a chrome rear one. It was free and is perfectly straight. I still have to mount it though.

On the big project: I got the cab and bed off the truck and completely tore apart the frame. Also took the fuel pump from the 96 and put it in the 92 chassis. Waiting on a good day to swap the wires and paint the frame then going to drop the cab and bed on.
Trav

Pics of the ranger project (don't have any of the others)

I already ripped out the drop in bedliner:

Cleaned the interior out Later on in the pics you will see

Oh ya we also did a bunch of body work to it got most of the dents in the bed out:

chassis 92 ranger 4x4:

Will post in a few minutes about the 96 ranger project along with the to dos and wants for all the trucks again.
Trav

Old 05-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Plans for the trucks!!

Ok so here we go plans for all 11 vehicles. (yes this might take a while) LOL

First off 2002 Ford F250 (big white)
To do right away: tires (hoping for 285 75 R16 BFG KOs), trans flush, and a good car wash (inside did finally get cleaned on dyno day).

Long term: headers, SCT tuner, install GPS, recon smoked everything, Harley lights, Harley grille, 08 tail gate, repaint (same colors and scheme), full led interior lights and exterior, LED light bars behind grille and for back up lights, upgrade engine some more along with trans, regear to 4.30s, leveling kit and F350 blocks, 35 in tires, tool box tonna, much later a frame off restomod (probably when I upgrade the engine) probably more I am missing.

Secondly 97 Expedition (Beast II)
To do right away: full tune up, figure out egr problem, rotate tires, flush fluids, and a good car wash inside and out.
Long term: 4.6L police incertoptor model engine or upgrade engine to be nice, headers, full exhaust, cold air intake, chip, install Cd 6 changer that I picked up, repaint (not sure color yet), vertical billet grille, some light in the bumper (probably LED light bar), small lift, brush guard with warn hidden winch kit, third row seat, rear DVD players, upgrade stereo, and probably more I am missing. One day a frame off resto mod probably when I fix up the engine.

Third 89 F250 (Taz)
To do right away: tires, fix the front end (need to pull it forward a could inches and install a new centering bolt), get an alignment, straighten the front bumper.
Long term: crane on the flatbed, headers, delete the cat, full exhaust system, timing bump, more lights, 3g alternator swap, smog delete, upgrade stereo system with speakers outside, and probably more I am missing. One day I would like to restomod it for my dad since he loves this truck.

Fourth 84 Bronco 2 (Blue Thunder)
To do right away: replace battery, upgrade front clip to 2nd gen (have all the parts), add the running boards, replace windshield.
Long term: small lift, repaint correctly, billet grille, tons of lights, smoked lights all the way around, retrofit 3rd brake light off one like the 96 ranger has, brush guard, custom winch, replace panels that are rusted out, make the interior all one color, upgrade stereo system, stock exhaust back on (now have) 4.0 swap and more. This one we just want as a nice off roading toy now.

Fifth 85 Chevy Van (baby blue)
to do right away: tune up, flush everything, and more I can't think of right now
Long term: full stereo system, built 350 or 305 with custom FI on it, upgrade trans, regear, new wheels and tires, repaint, custom interior job, and tons more I can't think of right now.

sixth 91 F250 4x4 (Cross Bones)
To do right away: engine swap, fix brakes, fix small interior quirks.
Long term: add headache rack (I may modify it), paint flatblack, add some skull and bone effects to it, regear to 4.10s with a locker, build the 460 up to be sweet, upgrade the E4OD, sweet stereo system, gooseneck and fifth wheel hitch, smoke all the lights, and probably more I can't think of right now. Will restomod it one day too.

Seventh 96 Ranger (tornado)
To do right away: put on 92 chassis and get together where it is driveable, get some hubs, do a bit more body work.
Long term: 06+ clip upgrade, cowl hood, truck box roll bar or camper shell, small lift, upgrade the 4.0L to be the sweetest 4.0L ever, do some interior mods to it, tint all the windows and probably more.

eighth 07 Harley FLSTC (Powder)
To do right away: retune, full tune up, new synthetic fluids, windshield, and passanger seat.
Long term: Stage 4 screaming eagle kit, repaint (my dad wants the brown and tan colors), full led light swap, air suspension, better pegs and grips, retrofit new LED headlight, and more

ninth 73 Harley XLCH (Ironhead73)
to do right away: finish rewire, install front turns, ride it!
Long term: build again even more fun, LED lights, composite beam headlight, black headlight bucket, sissy bar, better pegs, detachable windshield, fork bag, repaint same scheme, smoked lights, and more I can't think of right now

tenth 94 Explorer (Blizzard)
To do right away: tires and wheels, find power steering leak and fix it, install overhead console, install sun visors.
Long term: small lift, smoked or clear lights, more lights, brush guard, 2nd gen mirrors, window vents, electronic fan and probably a lot more

eleventh 88 F150 (White lightnin)
To do right away: GET ENGINE SWAPPED IN, fix small quirks, install radio.
Long term: hasn't changed.
Trav

Old 06-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well time to update this thread once again.

94 Explorer: was running great took the wheels and tires off the Bronco 2 and put them on it as I needed better wheels and tires and the other ones look better on the bronco 2. Took her for a drive one day and she had a huge loss of power and started stuttering. Got her home figuring it was the fuel filter. Replaced it and yesterday took her for a drive and still acts up when it gets warmed up. I know it is fuel related but not sure exactly what yet.

84 Bronco 2: replaced the windshield by ourselves in her and she looks a lot better. Also installed a bug deflector. Painted the calipers white since they were rusting and I had the wheels off. Also painted the window trim and the metal part of the dash.

02 F250: left rear tire finally took a dump so I parked the truck and hopefully next month we will start buying tires for her starting with the one that is completely bad then do one at a time. Also a few days ago we paid her off so that is good.

97 Expedition: left front wheel or brake is making a noise like it is wobbling and scrapping when you hit the brakes. Not sure what it is and it is only once in a while. She did start burning oil a bit more again. Winter she didn't burn any but summer she does. I don't understand that one?? Other then that she is running great and haven't had any problems with her.

96 Ranger: pulled the cab off and started wire brushing the frame and painting it gloss black. Also started pulling some dents the best we can out of the cab. I have to figure out a few things wiring wise and such to get the rest done and frankly this project has already become a PITA.

Other then that haven't touched the other trucks. Chevy van is running but we don't drive it. 07 Harley we have been riding but had to stop as we have been working on the house and other property lately.

Got pics of the ranger and explorer and 02 but that's it.
Trav

This dash is going to be removed:

Big white at the dyno pic with everybody standing by it is me in the middle my dad on my left and my brother on the other side.

New wheels and tires on explorer:

Bronco 2 with wheels before I installed the windshield and bug deflector:

Old 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Ok updates updates updates:

94 Explorer:
replaced the fuel filter hoping that would fix the problem. Nope but did give it more power. So go under the hood and check every single connection. One 02 sensor wasn't full plugged in so I plugged it in. Still not running right. Replaced the control module on the rad support. Still had codes so I replaced the coil pack/ ignition coil. That fixed the problem and I have been driving her since. I did take her light trailing and she did get a bit warm because I really pushed her in 2wd. Let her cool down and drove her the rest of the day.

02 F250: Just got some 285 or 295 (can't remember exactly) 75 R16 BF Goodrich TA KOs with 75% tread still and wheels for $200. The wheels aren't useable as they are for a dodge 3/4 ton but the tires we are going to get mounted and balanced on the 02s wheels asap.

91 F250: The latch on the drivers side door is completely broken so I have to replace that too! Not bad because I have like 4 doors in the backyard 2 are beat up really bad so I can take the guts from it and fix it.

88 F150: started cleaning up my engine but not much got done. Found the numbers which say it is a 87 Ford truck engine which is what the engine in my 88 is (being it is a February truck they used 87 engines).

89 F250: one of the blocks for the bed fell out so I am not sure how to fix it yet but we will asap.
Trav

Old 08-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Ok so a lot of updating to do here.

One got another vehicle (not sure if I said that or not) She is a 1987 Ford E350 460 V8 with headers (banks exhaust full exhaust), rv cam, and 60K original mile. Mated behind it is a C6 auto trans. Only thing is she is a motorhome! Extremely clean and the best part I got her for free! The tires have a lot of tread but some dry rot. I towed her home put new plugs, wires, air filter, water heater, and cleaned her up from the rat crap. I then proceeded to fixing the no start condition which was a wire ripped from the dizzy. Fixed that fired her up and drove her for a while. Then she started running rough. Fixed that (was a loose battery cable) and now all she needs is timed. Going to try and fix a few more things up on her and probably sell her. If not I will keep her to tow the enclosed trailer when we go traveling with the Harleys. She is extremely clean but needs a little TLC. Only has one leak which we are working on.
All she needs is a few lights fixed, timing done, and the dog house fixed. We named her Duck Commander.

02 F250: found out the accumulator has a leak. Cried a little about that then manned up and said will replace that later. Got the 295 75 R16 BFG TA KOs on the 02 and I tell you what that truck now hooks and grabs then flys and does great in the mud. While I was their had the mechanic check out the gears he said she has 4.30s now under her not the 3.73s that came stock!! I then took the truck up to winslow Arizona for some parts and I tell you what these tires are so much better. I am going to keep running 295s on this truck as I love the stance, look, feel, and most importantly traction!

07 Harley: I changed the oil and plugs in her. I used Amsoil syn 20W50. I have never used amsoil and I am loving the stuff. This is the first time on a newer bike I have ever run non Harley SYN3 oil and I tell you what comparing the Harley oil to the Amsoil I think Amsoil has it beat. The bike now runs cooler, flys down the road (ya I can do burnouts with the bike at stoplight all day). Our mechanic says he agrees the bike is running much better. I then had him fix the rear saddlebag on the bike.

73 Harley: nothing I have to still finish a bit of wiring but with everything going on haven't had the chance.

85 Chevy van: nothing also still sitting around with the occasional start her up.

91 F250: Installed the drivers side door latch and got that side to lock. The actuator is seized so once the truck is running got to buy two of those. The cab fairing from my 88 F150 my brother likes so probably will install that. Got a new windshield for her with only a small pit for $10. Came with the trim and rear view mirror. The trim is going on my 88 F150. Also got a rear view mirror bezel with skulls for $5.

89 F250: Got a rear tank with skid plates and filler hose for $20. Installed all that (minus filler hose since I have a good custom made one already) and really liking having dual tanks. Other then that just been driving this truck regularly when we need to haul something. We did add a trailer light hook up on it. Since doing that the 16ft flatbed stays hooked up. LOL She is finally being used as what I had planned a work truck. Let me tell you that 351W with ZF5 and 4.10 or 4.30s sure does pull nice down the road.

96/92 ranger mutt dog project: finished wire brushing and painting the frame. Then proceeded to installing the bed. Have to install the tail light harness then can finish that. If plans go right I should be getting a 94 parts explorer for the engine to install in the truck then time to drop the cab on and finish some bits of wiring install the interior, rear window, and more. Sure does sit high compared to stock 92 or when it was a 96 2wd. I have a set of Jeep wheels with some 235 75 R15s that I will be putting on this truck.

84 Bronco II: she for some reason won't start by key. I have replaced the ignition cylinder, ignition solenoid (bought another one which I am going to install), and more. Going to install the ignition switch I bought for it too and fix a wire for the clutch switch too (which has been like that). Hope that will fix that. Proceeded to also changing plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and oil and filter change. She now runs on 6 cyls.

94 Explorer: water pump took a dump a while back. So she now has a new water pump, thermostat, and hoses. I have to get a new radiator cap. She is running great. I also recharged the A/c and dang that thing is cold. I had put some jeep wheels on her which one tire blew out causing damage to the body and right tail light. I fixed all that now and took the jeep wheels off. I put the black spokes back on. The parts explorer I am suppose to be buying has the wheels and tires I want on it so going to put them on here. Fast forward a bit. At O'rielly for a whole different reason and my brother comes in (I had already gone in) telling me he broke the driver's side rear door handle. So I am ok with it and proceed with my day. I find an explorer being parted out (the one I am suppose to buy for parts) and buy the door handle. Replace it then other brother right when I am about to leave comes in and says the rod popped off on the passenger side outer handle. Damn it. So my brother inspects the problem and finds these little clips broken. I then told him to wrap it up since I couldn't do anything. I then buy the passenger inner door handle which was broken only to find out that one is broken too. So when I buy the parts explorer I have to take the passenger inner door handle off and put it on the passenger rear door. Then the same brother comes in the next day saying the rod popped off on the passenger front door. Damn it! So now you can only open the door from inside on the passenger front door, drivers rear inside, and both sides of the drivers door. That's it till I can fix it. Which after seeing the clips I am going to fab up my own way. When I say fab up I mean bailing wire frankly my buddy is using it on his rangers so I think it will be fine and you will never know unless you go in there.

88 F150: The dodge wheels that came with the 02 F250s tires I traded straight across for some nice looking Ford 5 lug wheels with BIG O 31 10.5 R15 tires with 30% or more tread. I then put those on the truck man does that look awesome. So I then was searching craigslist and found some bed rails with tie downs built in. I bought them for $40 only to find out they are original FOMOCO ones! So once I get the truck running going to install those. I also picked up some 1.5-2inch coil spring rubber spacers for $4 and the chrome trim for the windshield. I also fixed my brush guard. So now once she is running I need to install a brush guard, rear bumper, coil spring spacers (for leveling ket) and bed rails. I also moved the engine closer to the house so I can start working on it.

97 Expedition: Now if you noticed I saved the 97 Expedition for last which I regularly save one of the other vehicles for last but this news is a bit saddening.
We have had the expedition for about 2 years give or take and she had been a great truck but she had grown into a few quirks with her high mileage and previous beatings. Recently she had started running very rough along with a ton of other symptoms. I changed the plugs (all but one), fuel filter, EGR Valve solenoid, swapped coil packs, and a few other small things and I couldn't get her to run correctly and she was really ticking me off. I couldn't seem to change the number 4 spark plug no matter what I tried (I tried hundreds of different ways and almost 2hrs just trying with no success. I had decided to give up for a while. My dad was looking on craigslist a couple days ago and found an 05 Expedition 4x4 5.4L Eddie Bauer with low miles and blue instead of green. Only thing was it was in phoenix. So he tells the dealership he is coming down and he drives the 97 expedition 3hrs to the dealership only for them to tell him that they sold it 2 hrs earlier! My dad already made the trip so he decided to look at a few other vehicles they had. Mom spotted these two trucks:
2007 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6 SOHC auto eddie baure with every option available white and such.
and
2004 GMC Envoy XUV 5.3L V8 auto SLT with almost every option (only missing like three options) that needed a bit of work.

Well they told us we couldn't get into the explorer at the payment price we wanted so mom and dad came driving home in a.....................GM!
Yes we now have a 2004 GMC Envoy 5.3L V8 4x4 auto SLT with almost every option 120K miles, and white.
Things she needs:
Sun roof fixed
tailgate fixed (won't open)
rear window fixed
test roof open deal (yes the back part turns into a truck)
rear wiper fixed
new tail lights
rear bumper
and a few more small quirks. Other wise she is in great shape. Her name is Snow white.
We plan to put some tail light gaurds on it, brush guard (with headlight gaurds), exhaust (although I believe it has an aftermarket exhaust), intake, and more.

I will upload pics of most of everything once I get pics of the Envoy.

(by the way another 2 vehicles may be on the way I will let y'all guess what they are (unless you read my other posts.) LOL
Trav

Old 08-16-2014, 04:35 PM
tjnthesky
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The impossible Build

I have been going through many previously posted builds and pictures thinking that I do not need as much therapy as I thought. It is real nice to see so many ambitious people out there in FTE land working hard to restore or create works of wonder. I was wanting to know about some of the folks who set goals to build a truck with not enough allotted time or money. And what was done about it.

Right now I am 3 weeks into a 8 week project building an 84 F250 for this fall and winter to use because I really need it. I have another truck that I have been using really on the severe side of any reasonableness. I started with a $1000 truck that was used and abused. My son bought the truck mostly because he thought it felt powerful and sounded great. No you do not trade kids in even though they seem to make less than perfect choices. I was ready to part it out until I did some research and found that it has some redeeming qualities. My deadline is for the end of September. I am preparing with pictures and some notes to let others know how my build went. Also my business needs to keep running. Will enjoy reading from others experience. Thanks

Old 08-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Sorry I never got your post above. I hope your build goes well and you complete it in your time frame.

Well few updates:

89 F250 needs a radiator cap and thermostat I think as now it is getting hot.

94 Explorer needs a radiator cap for sure as I already replaced everything else minus radiator and it is still getting a bit hot.

96/92 ranger project got all 4 jeep wheels on but now I need one lug stud as it is bent plus brakes all the way around and I mean everything as far as that goes.

My 88 F150 got one more wheel for it and now I have 3 sets of wheels.

and brought home the last vehicle. I was going to get 2 vehicles but decided on only one. I shouldn't be getting any more vehicles but y'all know how many times I have said that.

The new vehicle is..........................

A 1980 Mustang Ghia that was originally equipped for a 3.3L 6 banger and C4 auto transmission but I got it for only pulling the engine!
She has a straight body but does have one dent in the body above the tail light.
She needs a moon roof.
she needs a dash pad.
she needs carpet and headliner.

Plan for it is to get a 5.0L HO that I found cheap. I then plan to drop that in and build the C4 up to be strong enough to hold up to that car. I will get a pic of the mustang once we get it off the trailer.

The envoy I got the sun roof closed but won't be able to fix it completely right now.
Pic of the envoy (before I fixed the sun roof.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why a mustang ghia? And do you plan to sell it? I personally would get rid of it and put that towards an engine in white lightnin

Old 08-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well for one it is a fox body mustang which I love. two my sister really wants a car so for the price I got it at I am not really complaining. I don't plan to sell it unless somebody wants to buy the rolling chassis. Otherwise I plan to build it up.

The mustang build is after my truck build. I have an engine for my truck I just need the time to open up the heads check it out if it looks good drop $200 into it for a water pump and oil pump plus a few more small things. If I don't like how it looks then I am going to bore the engine over .030 making it a 306, new cam, new pistons and a bunch of other new stuff. Either way sooner or later she will end up with headers. I should be getting a job hopefully soon and that will help me build my F150. My explorer is treating me well right now so I am ok with how everything is going.

I have personally always wanted a fox body mustang that I could put a 5.0L HO with either a C4 or T5 transmission in that would look good and I could slowly mod it to do good on the strip and still be street legal. I mean how can you complain when all I did was pull the engine.

As far as selling goes I plan to sell the motorhome once I fix the fuel filler hose and time it. If it doesn't sell I don't know what I will do with it but I will figure it out.

I also plan to sell the 84 Bronco II once I fix the starting problem. This one I am not willing to take less then $1500 on as I know how much work I have done to it. I have tried to sell it before but couldn't that was also before painting it.

Me and my dad are also talking about taking the engine from the 89 F350 (not in this thread) and putting it in my brother's 91 F250 (Cross bones) and either parting out, selling or letting it sit a while longer to build into a dually.

I am also selling my horse trailer since I don't need it any more, I have a ton of ranger parts I am going to sell, I have a ton of Fseries parts I might sell, I have a ton of S10 and Eseries parts I am going to sell, and more so as far as selling goes I have enough to sell just I am obviously a keeper not a seller.

As far as the stang goes I plan to take it slow and steady. I have a budget of $5K on it and I have 4-6 years to build it before my sister starts driving. I found the engine running for $400, the trans costs $800 to rebuild and get a bell housing for it, fuel system I have everything for minus hose, exhaust is about $300 with headers and true duals with magnaflow exhaust, interior I have budgeted at $500 to fix everything (for the moon roof I plan to take the piece of plexi glass they have and install it right. It will always be closed but that's ok. I can do a headliner cheap and I got carpet from a house to fix that. I went to the junkyard and she said $100 for the rear end to 5 lug swap it and $100 for the front end parts to 5 lug swap it and I will have disk brakes on all 4s. Wheels I already have from the ranger build (15" steelies plus another set of 14" alloys). Paint is going to be simple Flat black exterior with a red strip on the bottom (name of this car is black widow).
I really don't see how I could go wrong on this build.
Trav

Old 09-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Update time again:

89 F250: replaced the radiator cap for the heck of it using the one off the mustang. That one worked great and it stopped getting really hot but still got a little hot. So I decided since I haven't changed the coolant yet in the truck it wouldn't hurt to do it. Bought 2 jugs of coolant and completely flushed the radiator out. Was a little old but no rust or dirt in it. That seems to have cured that.

I have a slow oil leak out of my top end and found out it was leaking through the valve covers. Ordered some Valve cover gaskets and that should be here Saturday or Monday.

94 Explorer: Bought a new radiator cap and replaced the lug nut that had messed up. That fixed that for the lug nut have to go drive the explorer to find out if it stopped getting hot.

88 F150: ordered valve cover gaskets, head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, oil pump, oil pump gasket, exhaust manifold gaskets, and head bolts. Got to go to O'rielly to get the oil pan gasket once the parts come in also Saturday or Monday.

87 motorhome: fixed the timing and she is running like a top again. Also fixed the filler hose (nothing a little bit of scrap metal from the yard couldn't fix).

Also brought home a 92 F250 4x4 351W E4OD 4.10LS D50 ttb front regular cab long bed for $200. Needs a lot of work will post pics of it later.
Trav

Old 09-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
04 Envoy XUV: finally got the plates took the longest time to fix the dealerships screw up.
89 F250: drove it to see if it is still overheating. Seems like it only overheats with a load.
88 F150: got my head bolts Friday and this Monday I should get the other set of head bolts and the rest of the parts.
91 F250: got a tail gate panel for $20 and installed it. It has the red reflector and only had one small dent. Otherwise in perfect shape.
80 Mustang: got the plates and such for it and got it off the trailer. Parked it where I park the bronco and moved the bronco II.
92 F250: picked up a starter. Tested the old one and it wouldn't extend so pretty sure that is what is wrong. Also got a new fender and door put on it but both need some adjusting.
94 Explorer: I think the wheel bearings are about to go so I parked it until I can get them.
96 Ranger: new used headlights, turn lights, grille support, and drivers window all for $65 got all that installed plus the right tail light.
Trav

Quick Reply: 8 Vehicles 1 build thread! (Pics for sure)