6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 06:54 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Well Dak, as far as the truck goes, the VHR says all systems are go and my oil is at 68% remaining. One thing I wish I could get on my dash or the VHR either one would be percentage of fuel filter life remaining. I want to wait until prompted to do a filter change and I have the Dieselsite supplemental filters,. so I'm not worried, but it would be nice to be able to plan the change instead of having it suddenly pop up on the screen.

As far as the Powerstroke goes, my last physical was great. All of my blood chemistry came back good. My eyes are ok for my age (44 - Roy's son) and my hearing is fine - albeit convenient since I am male.

Brett, the VHR is convenient, but more info on the dash would be nice. As long as your phone is paired and connected when the vehicle needs to run the VHR, it will collect and transmit all important data so that you and your chosen dealer can see what is coming due or needs immediate attention. It's still no substitute for good maintenance practices by the vehicle owner though.

Dak, I swear some of those pics in that link must have come from my mom's old photo albums of me.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:10 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to the owner's section of the Ford website to check it out. Turns out I have a recall due on my Fusion, lol. PCM recalibration affecting the throttle position sensor.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Well Dak, as far as the truck goes, the VHR says all systems are go and my oil is at 68% remaining. One thing I wish I could get on my dash or the VHR either one would be percentage of fuel filter life remaining. I want to wait until prompted to do a filter change and I have the Dieselsite supplemental filters,. so I'm not worried, but it would be nice to be able to plan the change instead of having it suddenly pop up on the screen.

As far as the Powerstroke goes, my last physical was great. All of my blood chemistry came back good. My eyes are ok for my age (44 - Roy's son) and my hearing is fine - albeit convenient since I am male.

Brett, the VHR is convenient, but more info on the dash would be nice. As long as your phone is paired and connected when the vehicle needs to run the VHR, it will collect and transmit all important data so that you and your chosen dealer can see what is coming due or needs immediate attention. It's still no substitute for good maintenance practices by the vehicle owner though.

Dak, I swear some of those pics in that link must have come from my mom's old photo albums of me.

I hear you on the fuel filter thing too. I hate changing it early and I hate finding out after just starting a trip it needs to be changed.

LOL on the photo album part. I can bet which ones too...

Old 12-19-2014, 07:51 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Thanks Dak and Gerry, I think it was a worthwhile mod

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Darren, I love the look of the aluminum cover on the front. I also love the idea of a locker in the front. Many years ago I put a limited slip in the front of my K5 Blazer. Not a good idea for around here. In retrospect, a locker would be much better solution. Good job.
Thanks Monty. We had a slight over-site on the aluminum cover .... it holds more oil. 4 quarts. What we didn't factor in is that the locker diff has a lot more volume than the stock one. We put in 4 quarts. Got out from lunch today and looked under the truck .... what is all this oil?? It's everywhere and a big puddle too. Pissed out the overflow and all down the frame rail. So pro tip, the locker needs about a quart less oil ROR.

Originally Posted by Tim Young
Merry Christmas Chuck!!

Nice Locker Darren!!

Roy, The new tractor has the new natural look! No paint required. ROR
Thanks Tim

Darren, again, the locker looks cool. Looking forward to hearing a follow-up after you try it out. I'm assuming there is a beaver hunting trip coming up soon. I like shooting beaver, so have fun!

Thanks Doug.

The beavers are stuck under 18" of ice right now ... but we will get them in the spring

Great news on the physical Doug.

Have a good weekend guys

Merry Christmas

Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Darren, if you pet the beaver just right, the ice will thaw! Trust me!

Forgot to add. on my VHR, it does show a recall. It is just extending the warranty on my touchscreen. Not really sure how that is a recall, but whatever.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Why did the husband get his wife a wig for xmas?

He heard she was getting bald at work.

--

Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Snowballed???

Old 12-19-2014, 08:29 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,069 Likes on 2,217 Posts
At least Dak is consistent!

Old 12-19-2014, 08:34 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
That's true Andre. Have you taken any sensitivity training yet so as not to be labeled as a "hater" anymore?

Old 12-19-2014, 08:41 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,069 Likes on 2,217 Posts
That's true Andre. Have you taken any sensitivity training yet so as not to be labeled as a "hater" anymore?
geez...I must have forgotten. I'll get right on that

-HATER

Old 12-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Sensitivity training is for quitters.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Snowballed???
Lol... Hope not. Remember she goes home and gives you a kiss...

Old 12-19-2014, 09:03 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
geez...I must have forgotten. I'll get right on that

-HATER
You should do as I do. Find your feminine side and touch it as often as you can. Be a lover - not a fighter!

Dak, no snowballer is kissing me - ever. I'm not into that kinky stuff like you are.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:30 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Changing the subject slightly, has anyone seen the newest ads for Game of War? I've been lusting for the star of that ad since it came out. Last night, I caught a brief glimpse of some People awards thing on TV and evidently Kate Upton was awarded Sexiest Woman Alive. Part of the presentation was her ad for Game of War (or whatever the hell it is). I have to agree 100% for a change with their pick. She kind of makes me want to buy an Xbox. I would hire her to be my maid without an interview at all. She could shine my wood anytime.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:43 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
You guys are boring. I guess for excitement, I need to head back over to the Cummins forum to see what this week's issues are. Worse problems to be had for sure.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most