6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts on the family pet... Unfortunately like most of you this isn't my first time down this road. It sucks and time will at least dull the pain. And a new pet will help distract my kids from the loss, assuming we decide to get one.

As far as health, I have my good days and bad days. I think it is just the high BP messing with me. When I do a lot of work on day, it takes two days to recover. And this isn't soreness - it is weakness.

Using the CPAP helps me get a better nights sleep most times... Sometimes I feel like I am choking and can't use it. I think I am going to ask for the full mask instead of just the nose piece. (Those that use them will understand). CPAP isn't fun when you have a cold...

Steve - I think my whole driving experience this year could be a mini series. Fist I took a Chevy Volt from Miami to Anchorage. Flew back and then drove a my F350 up... Now I am going one larger and driving a Uhaul on the snow covered roads. I checked the web cams along my route -- some are perfectly clear and others... not so much. I especially liked the message signs that say make sure you have snow chains....

Congrats on getting a Vin Roy. Hopefully there are no production delays.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Morning all.

Andre, lol on the shower comment.

Dak, I have driven a UHaul for 5 hours or so at the longest and it sucked. I cannot imagine driving to Alaska in that sucker. You need a GoPro of the trip. Please be safe.

I have a retired LEO pistol qual in a few I need to get ready for. Talk at you all later.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:02 AM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'Morning everyone.

Hope the hub caps are doing well.

Off to work...

Old 10-17-2014, 09:12 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Dak is going to end up on an episode of ice road truckers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup

Old 10-17-2014, 11:24 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,076 Likes on 2,220 Posts
Name:  IMG_1175.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  133.8 KB
Name:  IMG_1177.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  144.4 KB
Fall pics of the kids...

Old 10-17-2014, 11:30 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Howdy guys

Awesome pics Andre. I hope you keep them.

Have a good weekend everyone

Old 10-17-2014, 11:39 AM
huh
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Savage - thanks for the app suggestion. Works like a charm although not as easy to type on an iPad ror.

Back to work for me.

Happy Friday all.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
I can see the weekend from here ......

Old 10-17-2014, 12:24 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Mornin gang.

Have a great weekend. Supposed to be awesome fall weather here for smoking meats and goofing off outside.

Andre, the quads look like they're ready for action.

Darren, be careful hunting beaver - if that's on the agenda for the weekend. I'm going to the football game tonight to see if I can find some.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good morning/afternoon gents.

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Howdy guys! This is my last night before a couple of days off. My brother's 40th birthday is this Sunday, so I'm smoking a couple of pork roasts to make pulled pork sandwiches for his party, as well as making coleslaw to put on them.

Gavin, the recovery time seems long for now, but it will be over before either of you know it. A few years ago, my daughter broke both of her ankles and tore up all of the cartilage and ligaments and had to have surgery on both. She was confined to a wheelchair for 6 weeks and I had to give her blood thinner injections to her tummy daily during that time. From there, she moved up to casts and crutches and eventually ankle braces. She is even better now than before. I'm sure the outcome will be great for your son.

Gerry, grab a glass of wine and relax with the Mrs.

Andre, it sounds like a great game is in the works! Good luck to you and your crew.

Roy, WooHoo! on getting your VIN and a build date. Good luck sleeping for the next few weeks. Try not to wear out the workbench between now and then. Or better yet, go for it.
Steve, good luck staying stock. I'm trying my best not to and thankfully I like my truck the way it came (for the most part). It was hard to stop with just a tuner and bed cover, and I REALLY miss my tuner, but the stock power is still pretty dang good!

Jon, personalizing these things is addictive. Fortunately for you, you have ready access to a support group for that addiction right here. We are great at helping others spend their money.

Have a great evening guys!
Doug - It's good to hear your daughter had a complete recovery! Shots in the tummy, damn that had to hurt. Make me squirm just thinking about it. Enjoy your time time off, Happy Birthday to your bro!

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Jon..........Save some money for Roses......Happy wife - happy life

Gerry........Relax, do your part setting up your garage the way you want it. Leave the other BS to the lawyer.

Gavin.......Long story: 2nd grade broke my right thigh in a number of pieces. Months in the hospital (no metal and screws in the 50's).....Months in a body cast.....crutches. Missed 1/3 of 2nd grade and 1/3 3rd grade. The Docs forgot to tell me that I would never walk again. So, not knowing better.....I learned to walk again and all is well. Moral of the story....The youngin will learn to progress through struggles and be better for it. Give him my well wishes !
Roy, glad you healed up okay. That had to be tough to be immobile for that long at that age. My biggest worry is him trying to go to fast to soon and re-injuring his knee.
Nov. 3rd will be here before you know it. This gives you just enough time to order more accessories for the JGG.

Originally Posted by Dakster
Doing a quick check in, things are going slow with the packing... still have a lot more stuff to take to the dump... Top it all off my cat got hit by a car today. Couldn't save him.

Wife and kids are devastated too. I know it will all work out. The cat was old but was hoping to get a few more years with him up in Alaska.

Looking like I will be doing some winter driving in a Uhaul... A little nervous since Uhaul uses gas chevies...
Dak - Sorry about your cat. They become part of your family. Have a safe trip.

Have a great weekend guys.

Edit - Nice pics Trent and Andre.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:24 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Roy,
Here is one I have, not sure if it will work for you, this one never worked for me.....
Crystal sent me a direct link to my VIN on a site that worked and brought up my window sticker.
Pat

Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

CONGRATS on getting the VIN and ETA!!!
Pat

Old 10-17-2014, 01:40 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Mornin gang.

Have a great weekend. Supposed to be awesome fall weather here for smoking meats and goofing off outside.

Andre, the quads look like they're ready for action.

Darren, be careful hunting beaver - if that's on the agenda for the weekend. I'm going to the football game tonight to see if I can find some.
Happy hunting Doug

Were taking down the playground that is going to Africa this weekend so no hunting for us .... well maybe Sunday

Dak, sorry to hear about your cat

Have a good weekend guys

Old 10-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Afternoon all.

Pistol quality went good, I still have it

Andre, nice collection you have there. I have a YFZ450 that just sits in the garage I need to unload. I bet it has 20 hours in it max. Maybe I will trade it towards a Gator or something.

Have some yard work to do if the rain hold off. Also need to rent a place in Bama for next weekends visit to Smith Lake.

Have a great weekend all.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:12 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need to try to pull a seized injector from a Duramax LLY. Prying it didn't work. Have been soaking it with carb cleaner and just made this up to use as a slide hammer.

The round steel block with a hole in it was in the basement left by previous owner. Turned out I had an old axle shaft that slid perfectly into the hole. Welded a washer on top as a slide stop and a large nut and LS1 exhaust manifold bolt on the other end, which fits the vise grips for the adjustment bolt.

Necessity is the mother of invention If it won't come out this way then it'll be smash off the upper rocker cover and cut the injector away to get at the head bolts.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,999 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Howdy all Ye FINE Folks..........

Been a busy day.........left the house at 0605.......
Been busy in town, have the little one home from school........Time to do nothing.......

November 3rd..........11/3/2014..........3rd of November......Do da do da....

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most