6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 01:31 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
That's terrible Matt. Thoughts and prayers out for those families!
X2....... Really sad, you just never know, I guess.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,004 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
I try to steer clear of Wally World for that very reason.... my saturation point for stupidity is very low these days, and I don't have much of a filter, it seems now that if I think it, I say it! Can get awkward at times and I get a few elbows from the warden!!
Not being on Active Duty enables us to be a wee bit straight forward....Blunt & Honest.........

Old 07-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

That is Sad news Matt.....I never cease to be amazed at how a second, a minute, a day can make a huge difference in our lives......

Old 07-24-2014, 04:14 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,089 Likes on 2,222 Posts
Meanwhile at Darren's cabin...

Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning Gerry and Andre, We have a light rain this morning.
That's the best news I got all week Tim!

Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
de-PowerStroked my truck

Nice truck Steve!

Originally Posted by darren32
Howdy guys

I could get used to this not working Monday thing .... nice calm lake with nobody on it yesterday. We had a blast.

Company party was good too

I did actually do that ... twice. IDK, it has been fine for a week or so since I did the MM reflash

Hang in there Tim
Nice pics!

Originally Posted by RigTrash601
I know.... Don't really understand the body shop quoting me for the badges anyway, the dent is just below the taillight and the paint is scraped on the edge of the bumper, I asked did they need that much room to "blend" the paint, gave me a dumb look..... anyway, I should get it in the shop soon, just haven't had time lately.
.....reading the quote before handing it to the customer would help.

Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Can't wait for a Bronco update !!!
Me too Tim.

Originally Posted by 720Deere
There is some interesting info from a Ford tech! I knew I could feel the truck defueling above 225*. Not to make excuses, but this had to play a role in the Hurt Locker test. There is no way that they didn't hit the derate temperature in a 7 mile climb. It takes me less than 2 miles of hard pulling to reach that temp. Man I hope Mishimoto puts together a radiator for the 6.7 and hopefully it will have a little more cooling capacity!

I wonder if the 2015s are any better or do they just hit the high temp sooner because of the increased HP? Maybe the bigger turbo helps keep temps down.
Thanks for the info Matt.

Originally Posted by marchare011
Gerry, good to hear the garage is progressing. Hope a VIN shows up soon.

Tim, I bet you're sleeping a little better now. What a tragedy all the homes that were destroyed. Glad you are safe and hopefully Ma Nature will finish putting out the flames.

Matt, interesting read on the derating our trucks go thru. I am following it too.

Glad some are getting much deserved days off and others are looking forward to going back to work. I know in my 34 years of shift work, there have been times it was best when my days off were over and I went back to work.

Gotta run. Just thot I would pop in for a quick hello all.
Hi Ron, I didn't get the flashlight pic.

Originally Posted by darren32
Howdy guys

Welcome home Bill.

Glad you are safe Tim.

Yesterday wife gets home from the lake after 5 days and the fridge quit. Ice melted and flooded the hardwood (again). ANYWAY, my point is ... WTF is up white fridges?? You can barely get them. Everything is stainless. We wanted a samsung french door fridge and they don't even make them in white, only stainless. It's stupid! Sooooo in french door, ice and water, 33 x 70, WHITE we have 1 option and it is 2 weeks away. ORDERED! Should be delivered Aug 6

Have fun fellas
That truly sucks.

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Good morning from Myrtle Beach guys! Gerry, thought about you a lot this week as the CG is about 80% Canadian campers. Just like here, some are rude, some are friendly, just haven't met one with your type of personality yet! Wish I could figure out how to upload a photo from my phone of the sunrise this morning. The Man sure was showing out this morning! Beautiful weather all week, but a couple of beach showers as normal. The 6.7s got us here easily. Same route and camper as last two years with the 6.4 and the 6.7 averaged 1.8mpg better than the previous. Hand calculated. You guys have a safe day. I'm headed to the beach!
Hi Monty, have fun at the beach!
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Hey Monty, the Canadians that are rude will have Quebec plates, its always been that way.......... have fun at the 'Beach'
How's the garage coming along?

Thoughts and prayers go out to the people at Cherrystone Campground in VA this morning. 3 people were killed and many more injured this morning when a tornado came in off the Chesapeake Bay and ripped through the middle of the campground! If it had happened Sunday or later, we would have been there, but it wasn't all that close to our site. It sounds like a few smart people took shelter in the bath houses. Initial pictures look like a lot of campers got trees/large limbs dropped on them. Several were flipped over and tossed about.

3 dead is devastating. I'm hoping that there aren't many serious injuries beyond that.
Prayer sent for those folks.

I'm taking Friday and Monday off. We are headed to Indy for the race on Sunday. Same seats as last year basically, upper deck, second row, right across from the pit lane exit stripe.

Y'all have a great weekend!

Old 07-24-2014, 05:47 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thoughts and prayers go out to the people at Cherrystone Campground in VA this morning. 3 people were killed and many more injured this morning when a tornado came in off the Chesapeake Bay and ripped through the middle of the campground! If it had happened Sunday or later, we would have been there, but it wasn't all that close to our site. It sounds like a few smart people took shelter in the bath houses. Initial pictures look like a lot of campers got trees/large limbs dropped on them. Several were flipped over and tossed about.

3 dead is devastating. I'm hoping that there aren't many serious injuries beyond that.
That's terrible news. My son and his girlfriend are down in Virginia Beach this weekend, I think they got there mid-day today. Not sure how far that tornado was from them.

Edit: They're at Williamsburg KOA which is inland a bit from there about 20-30km

Old 07-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

I used to live in Virginia Beach.........
HOT.....Very Humid......Way too many people.........Other than that, a nice beach and some good sea food.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Work on the House Trailer ended an hour ago........all of a sudden.....winds of 40+ MPH hit. Sheets of plywood went flying and pieces of fiberglass insulation are already in the next state. What Fun.....Not...

The monster 5th wheel is rocking like a rocking horse.

Time for slacking..........

Old 07-24-2014, 07:13 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Work on the House Trailer ended an hour ago........all of a sudden.....winds of 40+ MPH hit. Sheets of plywood went flying and pieces of fiberglass insulation are already in the next state. What Fun.....Not...

The monster 5th wheel is rocking like a rocking horse.

Time for slacking..........
That sounds like a full bag of suck, Roy! Hope it didn't make too much of a mess for you. We have been getting storms with 60 mph winds here lately. It just blows for 20 minutes and it's over.

Vacation is officially a goner. Campground is closed for at least a week to clean up. I saw a news chopper video and it looked like at least 30-40 campers on their side, roof or totally destroyed and about 50 100+ foot tall trees down all over. They will be lucky to have it cleaned up in a week! I'm just glad we weren't there when it happened.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

That sounds like a full bag of suck, Roy! Hope it didn't make too much of a mess for you. We have been getting storms with 60 mph winds here lately. It just blows for 20 minutes and it's over.

Vacation is officially a goner. Campground is closed for at least a week to clean up. I saw a news chopper video and it looked like at least 30-40 campers on their side, roof or totally destroyed and about 50 100+ foot tall trees down all over. They will be lucky to have it cleaned up in a week! I'm just glad we weren't there when it happened.
I do not recall Tornados in VA and MD when I lived there many years ago....

Old 07-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,566 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Good evening all,

I have been setting in for the Boss this week and for the next couple, it's no wonder he has high blood pressure. At any rate I have been very busy and not much time or desire to just hang out on the computer sense that's about all I do all day.

I did the Evelyn Wood speed reading of the last couple of pages, so I probably missed a bit.

I did see that Iowa Tim was looking for Bronco updates.... boy I sure would like to see an update myself. The frame and Half cab are still setting on the trailer and the Bronco sets begging to be driven.

I gotta run, see ya all later.
Cheers!!

Old 07-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Hi guys I too am skimming the one pager today
Matt the storm sounds horrible glad you weren't there !
Roy if the fivers rockin you are getting some workbench in. LOL
Tim thanks for the bronco update I'm sure you'll get back at it soon !!
Catch ya later !

Old 07-25-2014, 05:50 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good Morning gang, have a great Friday

Old 07-25-2014, 07:41 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,089 Likes on 2,222 Posts
Good morning one pager's!
Tim, sorry you've been so busy. It will easy up soon.
Tim, thanks for checking in.
Roy, well done on the fiver. Time to enjoy
Matt, so glad you weren't at that campsite. I wish no one there at the time and they were all safe, but the storm trumped that.
Steve, glad your son and his girlfriend were far enough away.
Sgt Steve, How's that new KR? Construction almost done?
Gerry, pics of that progress young man . I hope for a VIN soon!
Gavin, have fun at the race! We are headed to the Milwaukee Mile on the 17th. Should be a good time.
Darren, truck still acting alright? I think reflashing the BlackMax helped?
Paul, I miss you.
The rest of you degenerates...howdy

P.S. Camping this weekend with the Scouts. We leave around 4pm.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

The High winds finally died down late last night.
Cooled off a bunch..........it is 60*F....
Off to work on the House Trailer.....comfy temps...

What a mess at the campground in VA.....That is so sad.

Have Fun Andre..... Catch a snake for the boys........

Tim Y.......You do get double pay doing the work of two people....

Gerry.....Have Fun with the garage raising..........

Later all ye Fine Folks.......

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most