6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,087 Likes on 2,221 Posts
Originally Posted by FishingNut
I think she was more concerned with it falling off after I installed it.
Entirely different issue...that for once, I'm speechless

OMG 6 pages of this BS!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
And Savage...."prolly 1 page at most" my foot
I'm just saying that it wasn't like I had another breakdown or anything worthy of attention...you know, like last time

Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I'm just saying that it wasn't like I had another breakdown or anything worthy of attention...you know, like last time
True Buddy, and hopefully there will be no repeats...

That goes for you too Darren....just fix the darn door!

-John

Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,003 Likes on 1,601 Posts
True Buddy, and hopefully there will be no repeats...
Interesting..........And what is this little secret.....

That goes for you too Darren....just fix the darn door!
Yes Darren....

-John
John........ Rancho Steering Stabilizers: What did you get for your truck??? Single or dual ?? Why??

Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
LOL, now that Roy, fishingnut and the rest of the boys are in here this one could be a run away

No door fix yet, working on wifey "no starts" first.

On that subject and since it seems savage does not mind...

The battery pull and re program did not fix the "no start" on Monday.
It did not start after work, pulled the batt and it went.
It did start 1 time after that taking the kids out then it would not start trying to take them back home, but I cycled the key a bunch of times and everntyally it went.

Tuesday AM at about 2:00 I remembered a post on H&S about a switch that is on the OBDII adaper for the black max. You can use the switch to manuall power up the BM if you don't use a switched power source. BUT if you leave the switch on when the truck is off it somehow still (or tries to or something) communicate with the PCM. Causes all kinds of problems. The thread I read a guy was starnded because of it. I don't remember exactly how it works but I switched the switch Tuesday AM and have been good to go for about 10 starts since then. The tech must have switched it when he took it off or on. Who knows.

ANYWAY, we are good to go dent and all.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
What a relief Darren...glad you figured it out (fingers crossed). How are the shocks treating you? Is it nice to have them back? I bet it is!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

What a relief Darren...glad you figured it out (fingers crossed). How are the shocks treating you? Is it nice to have them back? I bet it is!
Thanks buddy, the shocks are GREAT. Very happy to have them back. Once you get spoiled its real tough to go back LOL. Working very well. I am hitting all the big bumps and holes I can again now (and speed bumps at 30 MPH).

Life is good

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM
FishingNut
Elder User
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
John........ Rancho Steering Stabilizers: What did you get for your truck??? Single or dual ?? Why??
I got the single, as I am not installing larger tires. But the steering has always seemed a bit light (came from a chevy so it may just be the difference between the manufacturers) so I thought for 40 bucks it's worth trying.
Besides I already have the Rancho 9000 shocks (sorry Bilstein guys)

As far as the secret goes...Savage got left on the side of the road a while back. Did you miss that thread?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM
FishingNut
Elder User
Originally Posted by darren32
Thanks buddy, the shocks are GREAT. Very happy to have them back. Once you get spoiled its real tough to go back LOL. Working very well. I am hitting all the big bumps and holes I can again now (and speed bumps at 30 MPH).

Live is good

Good to hear Darren!

Now how about a picture of the missing dent!?

Can't believe Savage let that one slide....

Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,003 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Good to hear Darren!

Now how about a picture of the missing dent!?

Can't believe Savage let that one slide....
Missing Dent........ You should see the picture of Darren's black eye.........Yep! He told the wife where she could put the F****** Dent....Then the fight was ON!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to bump one of my own threads, but I want to follow up with a conversation Andrew and I are having offline. He warned me that the back up lights on the Recon's utilize the stock bulb and that the design of the Recon lens was not the best. They function, but they light is not the most effective are helping you see in the darkness. In fact, he made a comment that the red light form the brake lights give off more useable light and after seeing it last night, I agree.

The problem is the lack of a good reflector housing and the stepped lens on the Recons. The Recon has groves in the lens in an attempt to shine light on the ground.

I see in this pic where the shadows make my truck look like it's banged up. I assure you that is an optical illusion.

It works, but not very well. Andrew ordered some expensive new LED backup lights from Retro Solutions and I'll let him say his comments on those, but what I got from the conversation is the bulbs were bright as the sun, but they still don't provide an adequate amount of light directed down to see what's behind the truck. Too much light is lost in the dispersion. The lack of light makes it difficult to see with the mirrors or the back up camera. The back up camera works well with adequate lighting, but without it is grainy and difficult to see. The tinted windows on our trucks aren't helping anything either.

Andrew is in a tough position because he plows and needs bright lighting for when he plows. He also has a very good looking truck that he is doesn't want to install some big honking axillary lighting on the rear. He has some ideas and all will work. I will likely install a pair of single row LED lights in the back. I'm not certain the size yet, but I'm considering the SR-M (Single row mini) from Rigid. I know they are expensive and there are cheaper alternatives. I'm kind of particular about my truck as all of us are. This is likely what I'm going to do, but I'm not in any hurry.

I'm more inclined to these because I can tuck them up tight to the bottom of the bumper where the trailer hitch framing still protects them when I'm off road. I'm confident they won't get broken off. They will be visible, but I think the visual impact of the lights will be tastefully done and not some huge eyesore on the back of my truck. The stock back up lights were decent, but there was room for improvement.

I'm just laying it out there for other thinking about using these tail lights. Last night was the first time I had backed up in the dark and they were disappointing. They look killer though. If Recon would have molded the reflective housing of the back up light area down slightly, this problem would have never surfaced. I'm keeping them because I really like the look and I'll fix the function.
This works for me.
Name:  DSC_1950.jpg
Views: 2586
Size:  59.8 KB

Love this thread and "Well..."
Please keep it up.

-Gavin

Old 08-22-2012, 01:27 PM
FishingNut
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
This works for me.

Please keep it up.

-Gavin
Gavin....do tell where did you get those lights? Awesome!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:29 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Missing Dent........ You should see the picture of Darren's black eye.........Yep! He told the wife where she could put the F****** Dent....Then the fight was ON!!!
She prefers to smash my fingernails with a hammper, it's much more painfull and less noticable. She is still try not to get deported.

Name:  20120822_122402_resized.jpg
Views: 2852
Size:  500.6 KB

Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Gavin....do tell where did you get those lights? Awesome!
Amazon.com: Optilux H71010281 Model 1200 12V/55W Rectangular Clear Halogen Fog Lamp Kit: Automotive
John,
I think I had to mod the mounting bracket to get them tucked under the tailgate.
Gavin

Old 08-22-2012, 01:45 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
This works for me.
Please keep it up.

-Gavin
I like that...link to it please. I want to check it out.

edit...so link was provided. Thank you.
1. Is the light output acceptable?
2. Any issues with too much light near your camera and blinding the lens?
3. How did you wire them? Relay? Direct to the back up light circuit in the 7 pin or tail light? Separate power...etc?

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most