6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Lewis - Sounds good to me! And I am happy you were able to do what you did.

I am thinking that I have to totally re do my diet and exercise routine. I, too, notice that for me sugar is the enemy. But if I avoid meat I lose weight faster.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:17 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Good morning gang.

Dak, prayers for good news for today!

Tim, the rock looks good. I too hate doing sheetrock and was glad to see you're hiring it out. I can do it, but prefer not to.

Roy, our truck is really starting to take shape. Thanks for the update!

You guys have a good day. I'll be back to rebuilding the perfume factory in the rain and mud today.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,088 Likes on 2,221 Posts
Good morning guys!

Dak, I hope they get you fixed up this morning.

Tim, I've got nothing on the Plymouth. Sorry. I like doing drywall about as much as I enjoy watching paint dry . Good call on hiring it out.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:45 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Morning gang !
Dak, good luck hope all is well.
Doug, thanks for checking in, try to enjoy your change of pace.
Andre, have a nice day !

Old 03-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,631 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Good morning all one pagers....hope all have a great day! Roy, enjoy Saturday #4!!!

Old 03-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Question of the year.........
If muslims hate pork, beer, dogs, freedom of speech, and Jesus........Why the #%^* do they want to come to America??????

Old 03-12-2015, 08:12 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tim, room looks good! I did my own mudding but just so I could do it in stages and not have to have the whole thing ready. Hate mudding. I'm not great at it so half of what I put on gets sanded off. When I did my kitchen I moved it to another room so I had two kitchens at one point, made it easier to take my time (read slow n lazy).

Dak, hope you get better soon and they figure it all out.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,004 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
Thanks guys/gals, wasn't really posting for sympathy more than just letting my online friends know what is going on.

I will get through this.
I'm just wait to inherit your guns.........

.....I know, I am being bad....

Old 03-12-2015, 08:39 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 99150
Question of the year.........
If muslims hate pork, beer, dogs, freedom of speech, and Jesus........Why the #%^* do they want to come to America??????
Please don't make this a religious issue.. its not..

Why do peoples unlike you and me keep wanting to come to this country?

Cause they get to think for themselves, get a job with relatively decent pay, and have good living conditions.. and in general can be left alone.

Over the last 150 years we have had this same conversation with the Irish, Italians, Poles, ... you name it.

cause life got hard and bad where they were, and here it looked (and IS) comparatively good.

the current spate of crap over WHO gets in (outside the border issue) is how to deal with the possessiveness of the small patch of ground that both sides want exclusively theirs. This battle has been going on for over 2,000 years. We in the West didn't (and don't) understand the lack of tolerance. I believe you and your family would feel the same way if tomorrow someone came and said, thanks, this is MY land now.. see ya.
and you are left with the clothes on your back, and whatever you can carry.. you want you property and life back, but its not going to happen.
and the anger grows..

Old 03-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,566 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Good morning one pagers!!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
Please don't make this a religious issue.. its not..

Why do peoples unlike you and me keep wanting to come to this country?

Cause they get to think for themselves, get a job with relatively decent pay, and have good living conditions.. and in general can be left alone.

Over the last 150 years we have had this same conversation with the Irish, Italians, Poles, ... you name it.

cause life got hard and bad where they were, and here it looked (and IS) comparatively good.

the current spate of crap over WHO gets in (outside the border issue) is how to deal with the possessiveness of the small patch of ground that both sides want exclusively theirs. This battle has been going on for over 2,000 years. We in the West didn't (and don't) understand the lack of tolerance. I believe you and your family would feel the same way if tomorrow someone came and said, thanks, this is MY land now.. see ya.
and you are left with the clothes on your back, and whatever you can carry.. you want you property and life back, but its not going to happen.
and the anger grows..
My issue is not religious at all. My issue is that when my ancestors came here they WANTED to be American. So much so, that they abandoned their home countries language, wouldn't even teach it to their kids and wouldn't discuss their ancestry either. (That part I don't like, because it makes it hard to trace my roots back past around 4-5 generations on that side of my family). They only flew the American Flag and assimilated into this countries culture and learned English.

I don't care what sex, color, race, religion, creed, etc... you are. If you get a chance to come here, embrace what is America - afterall that is why you are fleeing your country. And don't try to blow us up. This includes DOMESTIC, American born, multi-generational American, terrorists too.

I think my ancestors went a little too far - so I don't care if you keep your culture and teach your language to your kids. I think that is great and exposes us to different cultures. If you don't enjoy apple pie, hot dogs, baseball, and beer - more for those of us that do. I do care if you are coming over here to hurt people and to try and make me learn your language.

Unless you are native American, we are all, immigrants to this country.

Anyways - off to the hospital in a few minutes... Have a good one. And I doubt Don was doing anything more than making a joke.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:25 AM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a religious issue to the enemy...They are killing us because we don't share the same radical religious beliefs they do...Immigrants are fine as long as they are legal and they plan to assimilate this countries laws and customs (Not the other way around)...And to be positive contributors not leaches.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
My issue is not religious at all. My issue is that when my ancestors came here they WANTED to be American. So much so, that they abandoned their home countries language, wouldn't even teach it to their kids and wouldn't discuss their ancestry either. (That part I don't like, because it makes it hard to trace my roots back past around 4-5 generations on that side of my family). They only flew the American Flag and assimilated into this countries culture and learned English.

I don't care what sex, color, race, religion, creed, etc... you are. If you get a chance to come here, embrace what is America - afterall that is why you are fleeing your country. And don't try to blow us up. This includes DOMESTIC, American born, multi-generational American, terrorists too.

I think my ancestors went a little too far - so I don't care if you keep your culture and teach your language to your kids. I think that is great and exposes us to different cultures. If you don't enjoy apple pie, hot dogs, baseball, and beer - more for those of us that do. I do care if you are coming over here to hurt people and to try and make me learn your language.

Unless you are native American, we are all, immigrants to this country.

Anyways - off to the hospital in a few minutes... Have a good one. And I doubt Don was doing anything more than making a joke.
And yes, while joking, it is also very true. If people come here to better themselves legally....more power to them; but PLEASE then, leave that which they are fleeing from behind and better themselves. And yes, it is good for the children to know the culture from which they came, but also expose them to the reason why that culture was left behind.
Were many of the things in our past wrong.......YES, in a big way....but at the same time......a lot of those things still go on over in other cultures, where WE have moved past them! All peoples need to rejoice in that fact, rather than dwell on our past failures and shortcomings. It is called "growing"!
And one other thing I cant get my brain around is "Why do some cultures want me to be tolerant of their way of life, when their way of life is intolerant of mine?" Tolerance MUST be a two way street!

Old 03-12-2015, 10:26 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

yeh, they didn't want to give up their culture. only their location.

this is where the battle over official language, etc is fought.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:33 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

good luck at the hospital..

apparently I don't detect humor well.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most