6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:33 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5 days, about 400 or so miles after the truck was purchased......parking lot dent. Would love to have got a hold of the azzhole that backed (or ran ) into it, I was in the store maybe 10 minutes. Seems you can't have anything these days....

Old 08-14-2014, 01:39 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Waiting for an ambulance, watching a guy laying on the ground bleeding profusely out of the back of his skull was enough to deter me from ever owning a motorcycle.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:47 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Dakster

Ready for the intense heat and humidity of SW Florida? And just where is this no traffic place you are talking about done there? Have you been there when school is in session? Better than Miami traffic, but far from no traffic. If you are buying forget about the mortgage payment - as about the monthly insurance payment. That could be more than the mortgage payment. And the insurance payment is forever
Agreed on the insurance, after Katrina, our home owners went from a little over $400.00 per year to over $4,000.00, doesn't seem right, but it is a reality. As of now, the insurance is down around $3,000.00,but the deductible is 20% of the policy value if a "named" storm is in the Gulf, looking at $6K, before any benefit from the insurance, where we used to have a $500.00 deductible, all peril. Doesn't matter which insurance provider you have either, Allstate is who we were using prior to the storm, and they completely dropped wind and hail damage, they just won't cover that in that area. And as an added bonus, you have to get flood insurance seperate from your regular home owners policy, that's a joke too. The property I am talking about is about 30 miles inland from Bay St. Louis Mississippi, so I can only imagine what it would be closer to the water.
That was one of the reasons I had mentioned Alabama, or the Florida panhandle area, still gonna be expensive, but not as bad as SW Florida. I love south Florida, but I'll just have to settle for visiting......as far as the humidity, can't get away from that down here!

Old 08-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Been there done that, although not sure finding the head in the helmet and feet in the shoes that are 200' away from the body are any better...

Ready for the intense heat and humidity of SW Florida? And just where is this no traffic place you are talking about done there? Have you been there when school is in session? Better than Miami traffic, but far from no traffic. If you are buying forget about the mortgage payment - as about the monthly insurance payment. That could be more than the mortgage payment. And the insurance payment is forever.

Scratch would happen at one point, scratch out should remove it and around here things don't stay clean for long so the dirt covers it up. While I take care of my stuff and want it to be perfect forever, you'll drive yourself nuts over that. First day I moved a couch and put a scratch on the plastic cover on the tailgate step when we loaded it. It's a truck and I got it because I need a truck.

Roy - That sucks you got hit in a parking lot... And Tofan - I feel your pain too.

Iowa Ford - What's going on in the nations breadbasket these days?

Andre - Amen to not meeting Goldmedic at work!!!
Dakster, Amen to that first line, My trucks first job was hauling my snowmobile. before I was done I had the pretty plastic cap on the tailgate torn off and 2 long scratches from the carbides on the ski's.
When I got home my son said to me, wow did you do that ?
I said yes, I bought a truck to use like a truck cause the one I babied and took care of for 12 years, then gave to you isn't getting very good care now !!
We are still needing a rain pretty bad in the breadbasket, all our moisture came in June. there will be a crop but just not as big as they are saying.
Same thing different year !!
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
Me too, except I'm real old so she's just old. Crap, did I just say that out loud?
Players Steve, ever hear Flirting with Disaster by Molly Hatchet ?

Old 08-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik

Even with our helmet laws here, there is no protection on a bike. I know, I know, everyone has a choice about riding(helmet or no helmet) but, other than protection for the head and a gator pack for the spine, the protective clothing does nothing for blunt force trauma. I spent 12 years working the motorcycle races at Road Atlanta and with the best protective equipment on the planet(on most racers) we had fatalities EVERY YEAR! Sometimes as many as 6 in a week. Now, when you deal with other vehicles, the bikes lose every time. I am not saying people should not do what they want to do, like riding, I am just pointing out the side of it that we as emergency responders see. My best friend, and partner just bought her a bike a year after her son lost his dominant arm in a motorcycle wreck, and this morning, I could tell what she was thinking. I am not saying NOT to ride, hell I don't want anyone telling me what to do, I just would like for people to make an INFORMED decision. After you weigh the odds, do whatever you want. But I hate the attitude that "It won't happen to me". Most people never think about the consequences of their choices until it is thrust upon them.
I rode for years; owned several Harley's. I stopped not long after some of the accidents I saw. My wife told me to buy a boat instead, so I did. I miss riding at times, but I have a family and there are too many idiots on the road.

Been there done that, although not sure finding the head in the helmet and feet in the shoes that are 200' away from the body are any better...

Ready for the intense heat and humidity of SW Florida? And just where is this no traffic place you are talking about done there? Have you been there when school is in session? Better than Miami traffic, but far from no traffic. If you are buying forget about the mortgage payment - as about the monthly insurance payment. That could be more than the mortgage payment. And the insurance payment is forever.

Scratch would happen at one point, scratch out should remove it and around here things don't stay clean for long so the dirt covers it up. While I take care of my stuff and want it to be perfect forever, you'll drive yourself nuts over that. First day I moved a couch and put a scratch on the plastic cover on the tailgate step when we loaded it. It's a truck and I got it because I need a truck.
Boca Grande area wasn't bad at all for traffic. Naples on the other hand was horrible; I am sure Miami is horrible as well. I was also told the insurance was about $1500 a year just north of Boca Grande. I would double check for sure if we to serious about buying there. I'm headed to Guntersville soon though to look at a few homes I have my eye on. I told the wife we can move there until my son graduates, then move to Florida like normal old people, but we will see. I have business ideas for both locations to do on the side so I don't die from boredom.

Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
Me too, except I'm real old so she's just old. Crap, did I just say that out loud?
ROR! She would kick your butt if she read that.

Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Agreed on the insurance, after Katrina, our home owners went from a little over $400.00 per year to over $4,000.00, doesn't seem right, but it is a reality. As of now, the insurance is down around $3,000.00,but the deductible is 20% of the policy value if a "named" storm is in the Gulf, looking at $6K, before any benefit from the insurance, where we used to have a $500.00 deductible, all peril. Doesn't matter which insurance provider you have either, Allstate is who we were using prior to the storm, and they completely dropped wind and hail damage, they just won't cover that in that area. And as an added bonus, you have to get flood insurance seperate from your regular home owners policy, that's a joke too. The property I am talking about is about 30 miles inland from Bay St. Louis Mississippi, so I can only imagine what it would be closer to the water.
That was one of the reasons I had mentioned Alabama, or the Florida panhandle area, still gonna be expensive, but not as bad as SW Florida. I love south Florida, but I'll just have to settle for visiting......as far as the humidity, can't get away from that down here!
The humidity is the same as the center of the corn fields in the summer, it's just that SW Florida doesn't get in the -30's at winter. This place is hell on earth, with nothing to do without traveling miles (even then; limited).

Wife loves her new Bose SoundTouch 30, as do I. What an amazing sound system. Love that it works off of WiFi so we can still use our phones etc.

She wanted to go do GoKarts with the kids today so we did that, and grabbed some lunch. Taking her out for diner shortly. She's shopping with my daughter now. I'm sure new shoes will be involved.

Have a good one all.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I swapped my wiper blades with larger 24" ones to replace the stock 22" size, for a slightly wider sweep. I also almost lost one on the highway the other day (flew off and ended up in my pickup box) so I figured it was time. The retaining clip was cracked.

and
Did an oil change, rotated the tires, typical maintenance.

That's what new with me... otherwise, just work.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:14 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
24" wipers are definitely the ticket. I started using them on my 06 and will never turn back. I up size the wipers on every vehicle that I own. I don't know why the manufacturers don't use larger wipers to begin with.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Lookin good Tman, cheers

Old 08-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
What brand wipers are you guys using? I need to replace my wipers and want to go to the bigger ones. Any links or any local place that would have them?

Old 08-15-2014, 05:37 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Another wet morning, wheres the sun, dammit

Old 08-15-2014, 06:41 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Good morning Gents. After a few days off, it's back to the grind. Have a safe and productive day all.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 AM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofan
What brand wipers are you guys using? I need to replace my wipers and want to go to the bigger ones. Any links or any local place that would have them?
I had really good service out of Michelin wipers. I tried the RainX Latitude on the wife's 4Runner and didn't get much service life out of those overpriced SOBs. I can't remember for sure, but I think I have Anco wipers on the truck right now because I couldn't find the Michelins when I needed new wipers ASAP.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:23 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,090 Likes on 2,223 Posts
Good morning guys. TGIF!!! I ran across an old thread that had Paul's comments in it and it was like he as right there with us again. It was nice. I miss him.

So last night we made some serious progress at practice. Some things are starting to click for the boys. As of now my son is starting Will linebacker (Weak side) and tight end. Same as last year. He has a really nice stick in practice yesterday and he really started playing like a BOSS yesterday.

My other son was asked to play for a soccer team out of Green Bay in a tournament Sat that happens to be in our home town. He is playing 2 games Saturday basically the enemy. It should be interesting . He is very excited to play, but he is sad that I won't be able to watch. I'll be coaching a football scrimmage for my youngest and my wife will go to the soccer tournament.

Sunday we are going down to the Milwaukee Mile and watching the Indy cars...I'm excited

Old 08-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good morning all.

Wife had a great birthday yesterday, and we enjoyed some good family time. Mission accomplished.

Have a great day.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:44 AM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Just a catchup note...

We buried my BIL yesterday here in Buffalo, MO. Not the kind of family reunion one likes to have for sure, but it was nice to see SOME long-lost family members.

Wife and I are going to the lawyers office today to discuss MIL trust fund options and change POA. Then off to Springfield for some quality time looking at pontoon boats. We're just about ready to pull the trigger on one and have some more shopping to do.

Looks like all have been busy. That's good. I hope my life calms down soon and gets back to my pace.

Hope everyone is doing good and things are going your way.
TTYL

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most