6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Dpf/Cat needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 AM
mlsthmpsn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dpf/Cat needed

Hey guys,

I just bought a 2008 f250 crew and it came with a tuner and delete kit. I'm sure that at some point I am going to have to pass emissions in my county, as per our DOT website..... So I need to put these back on to pass. Nothing in the mail from them yet, but, I just want to have something available if I get a summons.

Does anyone out there have a set that they would be willing to part with? I'm in SE Wisconsin but have friends in just about every part of the USA (NY, FL, TX, AR, KS, CO, CA, ND) that could help pack it up and get it to me.

Thanks,

MT

Old 08-12-2012, 07:14 AM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
did you buy it from a dealer? I suppose you could try and get them to give you one? I think its illegal to sell a non-conforming vehicle....?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 AM
mlsthmpsn
Freshman User
Originally Posted by slowmans
did you buy it from a dealer? I suppose you could try and get them to give you one? I think its illegal to sell a non-conforming vehicle....?
I'm not sure of legality of them selling the vehicle to me. I know I got a deal because of the improvements. :-)

they do not have any used... No way I'm going to pay for retail! Previous owner does not know what he did with it.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 AM
golfingnut
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check H&S site 6.4 forum. Someone wants to sell one.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 PM
jescalera
New User
Talking dpf

Hi, I have a complete dpf pipe system out of my truck 2008. 6.4 w/ 120,000 in mint condition, if you are interested email me jescalera@sbcglobal.net w/ you # and i will call you asap. thx

Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 PM
jescalera
New User
Talking dpf

Hi, I have a complete dpf pipe system out of my truck 2008. 6.4 w/ 120,000 in mint condition, if you are interested email me jescalera@sbcglobal.net w/ you # and i will call you asap. thx

Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by mlsthmpsn
I'm not sure of legality of them selling the vehicle to me. I know I got a deal because of the improvements. :-)

they do not have any used... No way I'm going to pay for retail! Previous owner does not know what he did with it.
I know in California, regardless of the "improvements", it's illegal to sell a vehicle that won't pass smog. The dealer/seller is required to make sure the vehicle can pass smog prior to selling. I'm sure other states are the same.

In which case, the dealer/seller should be able to obtain the components for you.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by smotrs
I know in California, regardless of the "improvements", it's illegal to sell a vehicle that won't pass smog. The dealer/seller is required to make sure the vehicle can pass smog prior to selling. I'm sure other states are the same.

In which case, the dealer/seller should be able to obtain the components for you.
It is illegal to sell a vehicle without emissions components if it came equipped from the factory with them....period....anywhere in the US. If it came with it, by law its supposed to be there.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:34 PM
mlsthmpsn
Freshman User
It is illegal to sell a vehicle without emissions components if it came equipped from the factory with them....period....anywhere in the US. If it came with it, by law its supposed to be there.
What does that mean if I bought it from a dealer without it? They really had no idea what they were selling, or it would have been wholesaled out to a place that is more performance oriented.

Last edited by mlsthmpsn; 08-16-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Smart phone thinks it knows what I want to type...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by mlsthmpsn
What does that mean if I bought it from a dealer without it? They really had no idea what they were selling, or it would have been wholesaled out to a place that is more performance oriented.
I believe the dealership is liable to comply to the law.....If you really want the truck to be legal, I suppose that you could go to them and try and work it out. If they are not compliant with your request I think you could get it done pretty quickly with a few phone calls.

moral of the story is they sold you a truck illegally , they aren't allowed to do that.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM
smotrs
Laughing Gas
I believe the dealership is liable to comply to the law.....If you really want the truck to be legal, I suppose that you could go to them and try and work it out. If they are not compliant with your request I think you could get it done pretty quickly with a few phone calls.

moral of the story is they sold you a truck illegally , they aren't allowed to do that.
Exactly. You may want the "improvements" it came with, whether the dealer lets you keep them is between the two of you but they are still required to make sure it's legal before you take possession of it. Otherwise they can incur fines.

Slowman, thanks for the confirmation, I thought that was the case since it's federal, but some states are weird.