Computer Chips & Tuners  

help....speed limiter

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 03:23 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
help....speed limiter

Don't post emails from other dealers here. Our chip sales help to support this site, theirs don't and its not fair to use my money/bandwidth to advertise someone else. That information has been removed from your post.

Our store is www.motorhaven.com and you can get to it by clicking the "Parts Shop" button on the top/right of the screen.

We can program an 87 octane program with the limiter raised but cannot guarantee it will be raised. Just because the Diablo site says its raised doesn't make it so. If another dealer is telling you they can guarantee it for a Diablo Ranger chip they are either lying or inexperienced. We've programmed more Diablos for Ford truck applications than anyone and in many cases a Ranger program that says the limiter is raised does not actually have it raised. The only way to tell 100% is to try it.

Sure, if you ask enough people you'll find a dealer who'll tell you exactly what you want to here. I won't do that, I'll tell the truth instead: there is no way to 100% guarantee the limiter will be raised with a Ranger. We can provide a chip with the same code as them and the results will be the same.

Old 05-18-2003, 03:36 PM
stockers
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help....speed limiter

sorry for that i was just trying to figure out the best solution to my problem....if you have time please email me.

thanks for your time

steven.stocker@online.de

Old 05-19-2003, 12:28 PM
stockers
New User
help....speed limiter

so if i buy one and it don't raise the limiter can i send it back and get my money back? i really don't understand how they can build a chip and not know if it will raise the limiter or not...thats kinda like buying a playboy and not knowing if you will see nakid chicks or just blank pages?

thanks,
stocker

Old 05-21-2003, 12:28 PM
neodragon
Freshman User
help....speed limiter

I'v decided to go ahead and get the stage one chip, but i got a couple more question. If it don't raise the limiter passed what its topping out at now, atleast i will gain more hp, and tq right? what do i do when i do later modifacations to my truck? like exhaust, air intake and other things like that. thank u

Old 05-21-2003, 08:16 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
help....speed limiter

Yes, it will still gain HP and torque. Intakes and exhausts do not effect the chip. Headers, MAF sensors, cams, nitrous, etc. do.

Old 05-22-2003, 02:01 PM
neodragon
Freshman User
help....speed limiter

Ok kool, i have been looking for some better headers but don't really know what to look for. and i think i'v found a nitrous kit that i like, but i'm gonna get some more info on it. how would thesem things effect the chip, i'v read about having to get it reprogramed for this, where would i get that done? could i send it back and have it reprogramed after i get the mods or does it really matter when?

Old 06-04-2003, 11:26 AM
stockers
New User
help....speed limiter

ken,

could you check for chips again for a 2000 ranger xlt 4.0 automatic, computer code err1...another guy told me one is now availible that will only raise the speed limiter.

thanks for your time,
stocker

Old 06-04-2003, 12:24 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
help....speed limiter

That other guy doesn't know a thing about Ranger tuning if he thinks that Diablo's speed label on a Ranger program means anything. Yeah, the Diablo code says it raises it, as do 90% of the Ranger codes. However, there is no guarantee it will raise it as half the Ranger codes listed as raised are in fact not raised. The program he's referring to was produced on May 23rd.

The two prior programs for ERR1, Jan 7 2002 and
Sep 20 2001 both say they raise the speed but that does not mean they do. (Maybe they do, maybe they don't, plug it in and that's how you'll know).

You can shop around and eventually find a dealer who'll tell you what you want to hear either because he's lying or inexperienced. I'll tell you the truth --- just because a Ranger code says its raised doesn't mean it is. That dealer doesn't have any codes any other dealer can't get.

Buy it from us, if it doesn't raise it then return it. Its not the end of the world, just a 95mph limit....

Old 06-04-2003, 01:00 PM
stockers
New User
help....speed limiter

thats why i wanted you to check for a new one.....this is what the ol slick said...

"They just finished the program for ERR1 last Friday. It is for speed
only.... Let me know what you would like to do.

Thank You,"

i'm about fed up with the whole thing.....guess i'll just let the little cars pass me and try to enjoy the scenery..but if they did create a new one last week i'd buy the damn thing to see if it worked

thanks,
stocker

Old 06-05-2003, 09:59 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
help....speed limiter

We can program a chip for that code. All Diablo dealers have access to that program.

Old 06-10-2003, 04:17 PM
OdinVII
Junior User
help....speed limiter

Originally posted by webmaster
The computer controls the speedometer, not visa versa. Disabling the speedometer will not change the speed reading the computer gets.
This sounds like it makes sense, but after swapping out my rear end for a 4.10 ratio, my speedometer is off by 7 (verified using some engine rpm calcs on the web), however, right when the speedo hits 100 (theoretically 93), the governor kicks in. If the speedo was disabled, why wouldn't that stop this from happening?

Old 06-24-2003, 10:35 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
help....speed limiter

The speedo gets its reading from the computer. The computer thinks its doing 100 and sends that signal to speedo. If the speedo were disabled the computer is still sending the 100 mph signal to it (though its not receiving it).

Old 06-24-2003, 12:12 PM
OdinVII
Junior User
help....speed limiter

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Ken. I appreciate it.

Old 06-26-2003, 09:02 AM
rjcoston
New User
help....speed limiter

I have a 2000 Mazda B4000 4x4 with the ERR1 ECU code. Regarding the earlier posts about the ERR1 code, with a new program for this code apparently having been produced by Ford in late May 2003, if I were to order a Diablo Delta chip from you in the near future, would it incorporate the latest program, or does it take a while for you utilize a new program? I don't believe the dealer has ever flashed the ECU since I purchased the truck in March 2000. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2003, 09:07 AM
stockers
New User
help....speed limiter

if you get one could you please let me know if it raises the speed limiter.

thanks,
stocker

Quick Reply: help....speed limiter