Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada August BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:52 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning & Happy Tuesday!

I hope you enjoy your day whatever you may be doing.
Try not to work to hard if you have to go to work.

Thought I'd bring back some childhood memories....

Who remembers doing this???

Attached Images     
Old 08-07-2012, 09:05 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 183 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Tuesday! Donna, I always hated doing that, always got water up my nose!LOL

Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 132 Likes on 126 Posts
Good Tuesday morning Nevada! have a great day!

Wow, I have not bobbed for apples in a long time. forty or so years ago. we did not use a bucket, though, if I remember correctly (that in itself would be a miracle) it was a water trough.

Jim

Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

LOL!...I thought you'd get a kick outta that!

The kids enjoyed it & tried something new! I would've used a water trough, but it's still at my old house. It's amazing as you get older, it tends to get easier. Only took me about 2-3 seconds once I found the right & comfortable position. Hell, I spent about 2 minutes just getting in the right area for the apple & position. LOL!
Hmm...what next? Musical chairs maybe?! If we had curbs, I'd run the hose so the kids could have paper boat or twig/leave races!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Get them a dough-boy pool to play in Nothing beats the heat like a romp in a pool. of course with a boat, I guess you can go to natures pools and get wet.

Jim

Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 183 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Hump Day! You should have water balloon fights for them, Donna. That'll keep them cool!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:17 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning Pat, Jim, Dave, Kameronth, Leonandlisa, Sunshinecrime, & everyone else from FTE.

YEAH...It's hump day!!! We're half way through the work week & the weekend is almost here. So, let's get to hump'n!!!

What are your plans for the weekend?
Is anyone going to Hot August Nights - Reno or elsewhere?
What day/time? (If I can get up there, we could meet & hang out)

I guess my MIL is coming to visit on her way to Lovelock on Sunday. She's taking one of the grandkids home from summer vacation.
Hopefully we'll be able to go to atleast one of the Hot August Nights events before they get here. Jimmy said that we might go to Virginia City when they have the Poker Run & events there, but I want to go to Reno & check it out there!

Jim -They used the water trough as a pool to cool off last year.
We did go to Lahontan yesterday! We had to try the new surf board(not that there were waves) & play in the water. Then Karl tried his hand at fishing (no luck!)

Pat - We're out of water balloons until I get more. We've already gone through like 3 packages. The dogs like to play catch w/the balloons too!
Other than water balloon fights, I'll have them do a water balloon toss contest. They start about 1 foot apart - They toss it to their partner & if they catch it, then they each take 1 step back & then toss it back to their partner. This continues until they're to far apart & one of them doesn't catch it & ultimately gets drenched. I've also hooked up the sprinkler for them, but that doesn't last long before we end up with a mud hole. LOL! Hmm...mud wrestling!!! Maybe I'll just make a horse shoe pit instead.

Have a great day!

Attached Images     
Old 08-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Looks like fun. I have no plans for this weekend except to stay indoors out of the 108+ temps they say we will have.

Jim

Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning everyone,

Happy Thursday!

It's going to be very hot today & continue throughout the rest of the week! If you don't have to go out anywhere, stay inside in some AC & make sure you have plenty of water to drink!

Also very important - Be sure to check your vehicles fluids & carry extra ATF, oil, a shop rag, a jug of water & antifreeze in your car as well! I had to let my 4Runner cool down yesterday when I got home from the bank(before going to the Lahontan) because the oil & tranny fluids were low! I heard/felt a mild transmission grinding on my way home. It's amazing how hot your engine gets when just your oil is low! Good way to ruin your engine too! Guess I should check the fluids a little more often?!
I'm sure glad I didn't breakdown on the side of the road in the heat, because I had no fluids with me for myself or the 4 Runner! Anyway, after it cooled down enough to where I could actually touch the engine... I topped off the fluids & even checked the antifreeze(which was fine & then I packed extra water, oil, etc) & off to the beach we went.

Think Safety...think ahead!
Have a great day!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Leonandlisa
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sunnshhinecrime
Have you ever gone for coyote or blacktail? My buddy and I just got our hunters safety course finished up. Where do you go for bird?
Never done any coyote hunting but have shot a number of jack rabbits when out and about. As for birds, they can be found in all directions around town, the best spots would never be posted in a public forum .

It is going to be a hot one out there today, in addition to checking all your fluids don't forget to check your tires, they take some serious abuse when it gets this hot. No one wants to be changing a blown out tire right now.

Leon

Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Thursday Nevada! I agree with all the above, be safe, check fluids, and don't go anywhere unless you have to.

Jim

Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Leonandlisa
Never done any coyote hunting but have shot a number of jack rabbits when out and about. As for birds, they can be found in all directions around town, the best spots would never be posted in a public forum .

It is going to be a hot one out there today, in addition to checking all your fluids don't forget to check your tires, they take some serious abuse when it gets this hot. No one wants to be changing a blown out tire right now.

Leon

Oh yah, the tires.... very good point!

Old 08-09-2012, 11:42 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Donna, you want HOT come on down south It's due to reach 112*+ here and 122*+ in Death Valley 50 mi. to the west of me and humid too !!! ... Outside is NOT happening today !!! Y'all be safe out there today ... Dave

Old 08-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

112 is way too hot for me. Supposed to be 108 here, and i am not going outside unless I have to.

Jim

Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
112 is way too hot for me. Supposed to be 108 here, and i am not going outside unless I have to.
Jim
Jim. now you know why I'm not going to Death Valley ... 122* is out of the question !!!!

Quick Reply: Nevada August BS Thread