Old 06-23-2003, 08:39 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Where are you from in WI

Originally posted by daan
Two Rivers/Manitowoc
Howdy neighbor!

I was just in your neck of the woods last week. I took my son to the ATV park in Kewaunee.

I've been to Two Rivers a few times. We designed the new high school there and I've visited the job site.

Are you involved in the 4x4 club in Manitowoc?

Kevin K.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:51 PM
daan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you from in WI

No (on the 4X4). I am not a "real" enthusiast. My interest is more pratical as I drive my truck on a regular basis. I bought it because it had a 3 speed on the column, but I have come to really like the truck. I hope to restore it someday but it is an old farm truck and is more rust than anything else.
Cleveland huh... Do you know Mark Parisek or Susan Wrensch?

Old 06-23-2003, 03:10 PM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Where are you from in WI

Originally posted by daan
Cleveland huh... Do you know Mark Parisek or Susan Wrensch?
Those names don't sound familiar. I've only been here about 3 years. Although I might know them by face since I've (sadly) become a regular at one of the local watering holes, and have met several of the town folk there.

Your truck sounds cool. My very first Ford was a 1970 Maverick with a 3 on the tree. It was also my first stick shift. I don't know what it is about those, but they're just plain cool.

Kevin K.

Last edited by KJKozak2; 06-23-2003 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:53 PM
daan
New User
Where are you from in WI

There is not a bigger P.O.S. on the road, but I do love it. Need to hit the lottery. Just bought a 1988 Dodge RamCharger for wife. Guess I don't think much of new vehicles (just got rid of a 1995 Dodge mini-van).

Not sure what is going to happen to my email in the next couple of weeks. We are moving and Manitowoc is very limited in it's services. Best to send all messages to daan@programmer.net That address is web based and I will continue to access through the school(s) computer systems.

I guess with the wife's vehicle, we now ARE 4X4 people.

Old 06-23-2003, 09:38 PM
98blownranger
Junior User
Where are you from in WI

Manitowoc..HUH not much up here either

curt

Old 06-23-2003, 10:12 PM
daan
New User
Where are you from in WI

Waiting to hear from Lakefield communication. They have equipment in the area, but most is for businesses. Have DSL with them now. Won't know what to do after the move.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:01 AM
98blownranger
Junior User
Where are you from in WI

Amereitech also has the DSL and there are a few others but they may all be for businesses.

curt

Old 06-24-2003, 09:09 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Where are you from in WI

Originally posted by PHS79
I live in Trempealeau,
Man, I must've missed this one. We're up in Trempeleau all the time. We camp at Perrot 3 times a year. We usually go out and hit all the small bars in the area too. A few years ago, we rented out the T-hotel over New Years weekend. It's normally closed, but the guy opened up for us as long as we rented all the rooms. I think we did that a few times.

Some of our regular stops are: Linda's (formerly Rhino's), the VFW, The Swamp (until it closed), Hungry Point, Sand Bar, Tom's (in Gailsville), Joe's (in Fountain City), that "BAR" way up on top of the hill in Buffalo Siding <hehe>.

I don't think there's a bar within 30 miles of the park that we haven't been to.

When we were up there in spring, I passed that junk yard out the back of the park. I swear I saw a bunch of old Ford trucks in there. Ever check that place out? Is it worth investigating?

Kevin K.

Old 06-24-2003, 09:03 PM
PHS79
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you from in WI

Yea, I have been out to that junk yard (Centerville Salvage) a few times, it has been a while though, probably about a year or two. I should go and check that out sometime to see if he has gotten anything "new" in that I might be interested in. As far as the bars go, Lindas Place is only 1/2 a block away from my place, so you may have stumbed past it once or twice . You should check out the new bar in Centerville, its only about 3/4 of a mile towards Fountain City from the Sand Bar, it called the Jailhouse Saloon really awesome bar with pretty good scenery working on the weekends You will have to get a hold of me the next time you plan on coming to the area. Later Paul

Old 06-25-2003, 09:03 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Where are you from in WI

Originally posted by PHS79
You should check out the new bar in Centerville, its only about 3/4 of a mile towards Fountain City from the Sand Bar, it called the Jailhouse Saloon really awesome bar with pretty good scenery working on the weekends You will have to get a hold of me the next time you plan on coming to the area. Later Paul
Is that the bar with the diamond plating on the bar and tables? On the opposite side of the road as the Sand Bar? We've been there. It's a pretty nice place (and I hear ya about the scenery).

I'll let you know next time I'm in the area. It'll probably be in Sept. or Oct. for our Fall Classic disc golf weekend.

Kevin K.

Old 06-26-2003, 05:48 PM
hotrodfeguy
More Turbo
Where are you from in WI

Appleton here,in the market for another truck,someone pulled out in front of me.They dont stay original paint forever i guess (

Old 06-27-2003, 01:47 AM
greensled500
New User
Where are you from in WI

River Falls, Too damn close to minnesota, but what can ya do?

Old 06-27-2003, 08:25 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Where are you from in WI

Originally posted by greensled500
Could be a lot worse. You could be close to Illinois!

Welcome!

Kevin K.

Old 06-27-2003, 05:53 PM
MrFeexit
Senior User
Where are you from in WI

Stevens Point/Plover....kind of in the center of nowhere. Good to see other Cheese heads here!!

Ed

Old 06-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Where are you from in WI

Originally posted by greensled500
Finally, someone closer to me. My wife went to school in RF. You think you're close to Minnesota, I live within 1/2 mile.

Quick Reply: Where are you from in WI