1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Introduction/About you thread, 20 simple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 PM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly I think more teenagers need to know mechanical skills and welding and how stuff works. It's becoming a lost art along with hunting fishing and all the stuff we did on a daily basis 100 years ago.... Make sure when you have kids you teach them everything you know!

nice deer! Nice truck!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:06 AM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
1: Name
Jameson Gavac

2: Age

3: Sex
Male

4: Current Residence
Freeland, Washington (South Whidbey Island)

5: Birthplace
Coupeville, Washington (Central Whidbey Island, 20 min north of Freeland)

6: Daily Driver
1984 Cadillac Seville Elgante

7: First Car
1978 F250 2wd, built 351M/T18. Gift from my father. It was a major rust pile..

8: Favorite car owned
My truck

The other car would have to be my dads car. He has a 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T, and that car is a great all around SUV. It can tow well, drive well, handle the snow well, ect. Its been a good car

Getting out of here was fun

New engine and trans for my truck

9: Current Work
Grounds keeper at a local business complex. I landscape, mow, trim, weed, spread bark, or anything else that needs to be done.

10: First Job
Lawn Mowing for my neighbors

11: Best job
Landscapers assistant for a summer. I knew the lady, got along with her really well, and we used my truck for hauling everything

12: Worst job
Grounds keeper for a old, widowed lady. She would stand around and watch me work, and wouldn't stop talking to me

13: Chained?
Single

14: Ankle Biters or pets?
A golden retriever and a bird. The dog is the cutest one I have ever seen

That is my finger she is chewing on..

15: Favorite food
Bison shepherds pie. Hands down. Or clam chowder

16: Favorite Drink
Lipton black tea

17: Favorite hobby
Photography

18: Favorite sport
To watch: Soccer
To play: Track & field

19: Last thing done to truck
Pulled the dash off and discharged AC system

20: Other things
I have been in my schools Jazz band program for 5 years playing trombone. I split my free time between photography and cooking.
(jazz, me on the end)

-Jameson

Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 AM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
It's interesting how many people like iced tea, and I am also a fan but it has to be plain now flavors or sweeteners. Nice pictures

Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
OrangeBeast
Senior User
Originally Posted by socal73
What do you shoot in competition?
I shoot a Romanian PM md 63 or "Rommy G" as they are commonly called. It was a demilled parts kit I had Derek Huffman at Arizona Expert Arms (AZEX) build on a NDS-1. It's a nice rifle and I kept it in a traditional setup so I shoot service with iron sights. It is a challenge for me because they aren't really the best sight design. I use a Glock 17 that I did some tune up work to for my pistol.

Wow! Jameson, those are some awesome pictures. I wish I had that kind of talent with a camera.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
Nice I want to get something in 7.62 x 39. My wife got me a Moisin Nagant for valentines day. It has all matching numbers and is a blast to shoot.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:11 AM
OrangeBeast
Senior User
Those Nagants are definitely a blast. That 7.62 x 54r is definitely a fun round. I picked up a M91/30 and an M38 both original and numbers matching quite a few years ago when Big 5 was selling them for $59 each.

For your amusement in case you haven't read this yet it's an oldie but a goodie. (Forum may have made it too small to read)

Old 06-28-2012, 01:36 AM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
Ahaha I haven't seen that before that was priceless!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Herr Geist
Junior User
haha that IS hilarious. I'm looking to buy an AK here soon. Probably something from Atlantic Firearms. I know they're not even close to accurate after about 200 yards, but I figure it like this. If it's over 200 yards from me, it's none of my damn business and I'm gonna go around it if I can. If it's closer than 30 yards, I'll take the CZ P-07. Within the 30 to 200 yard range, all I wanna do is make sure they fall down. I'm not trying for head shots in any situation where an assault rifle is needed.

What I really want is a Dakota Longbow .338, but I don't have $7K laying around. Not to mention the optics and crap I'd need for it. I'd say about $15K or more by the time I get it set up the way I want it.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:33 PM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
My 22-250 is good to about 400 yards and accurate to a few inches thanks to this

This thing is so freaking awesome, I love it. I have a reg scope on my 30-06 and it's good to about 800 yards before I run out of elevation on the turrets, farther than that and they probably can't see me anyway.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM
TheRedPheonix
Senior User
Copy and Paste this:

1. Name- Alex

2. Age- 17.5

3. Sex- male

4. Where do you live now- Taunton, Ma

5. Where were you born- see above ^^^

6. Current vehicle you drive most IE Daily Driver- Moms 95 expedition but soon my uncles 90sumthin dodge 1500, yipee

7. First vehicle you ever owned- never owned, but claimed my dads 73 dump truck from the start- now its my truck build

8. Favorite vehicle you ever owned- above ^^^ or the blue 76 dump truck that ill hopefully be driving until the red one is done

9. What you do for work now- welding, fabrication, school, moving stuff, odd jobs, fix things, work on cars, anything that needs doing and makes money

10. First job you ever had- first regular paid job was as a garage boy taking care of the equipment and shop. Job description was "do what your asked and do it right/good"

11. Best job you ever had- Anything where i got to TIG weld or operate heavy equipment- forklift, large trucks, crane etc...

12. Worst job you ever had- Dont know yet, i havent hated any of them and they all were about the same as far as how i liked them.

13. Married/Dating/Single/Divorced/Seperated/Estranged/Mail order spouse- Single, and trying to change it

14. Kids and or Pets- 2 family cats and one random kitten in the back yard. Only a few months old at the most, and we are trying to catch it before its a road pizza like everything else lately

15. Favorite Food- Steak, pizza, burgers dont make me pick one

16. Favorite Drink- Mocha-caramel swirl extra extra from dunkin or rootbeer

17. Favorite Hobby (Besdies your truck)- Boats, welding, making/fixing stuff, old tractors/equipment

18. Favorite sport- dont care for sports, id rather work on my truck

19. Last thing you did to your truck- new poly cab mounts, still need to drill holes in the cross member for the rears though.

20. Something else interesting/strange/weird/cool about you (keep it PG!)- I dont know, people seem to love how i can fix almost anything and call me "amazing" and what not but i just dont see it. Most interesting thing about me? I can drive just about anything you put me in and can figure out how most things work by looking at them.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Herr Geist
Junior User
Originally Posted by socal73
My 22-250 is good to about 400 yards and accurate to a few inches thanks to this

This thing is so freaking awesome, I love it. I have a reg scope on my 30-06 and it's good to about 800 yards before I run out of elevation on the turrets, farther than that and they probably can't see me anyway.
That's not a bad price point at all! I want something with a little more power, though, since I'm ranging for a .338 round. I'd love to put something like that on a Remington 700 SPS though! It'd complete the tactical look pretty nicely even though it wouldn't cover the whole range.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 PM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
What the heck is a : Mocha-caramel swirl extra extra from dunkin?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:48 PM
TheRedPheonix
Senior User
It's an ice coffee from dunkin donuts. I always forget that part when I order it to.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
thekingofcows
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
20: Other things
I have been in my schools Jazz band program for 5 years playing trombone. I split my free time between photography and cooking.
(jazz, me on the end)
<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_25" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table>
French Horns in the trombone section. Tsk Tsk.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by thekingofcows
French Horns in the trombone section. Tsk Tsk.
He was the only one who did it. Use a horn to play 1st trombone parts. Also gives the band a slightly different sound. This year the only time a horn was used was in a Stan Kenton Orchestra chart

Quick Reply: Introduction/About you thread, 20 simple questions.